Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stein_Grenadier

New Captain Skill Column: "Maneuverability"

10 comments in this topic

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I'd like to suggest another 'tree' for players to invest their captain's skill points in.

They've covered "Artillery", "Secondary Armaments", "Durability", "Concealment", "Aircraft", and "Specials"- And it felt a tad bit too bland on some ships. I mean, considering that a tier 5 skill magically makes something as large as a battleship only appear in a range a CA normally would (Tirpitz), why not?

Adding another tree would increase the multitude of builds. For example, would a captain choose better rudder shift(Example) or Advanced Firing Training as a tier 4 skill? It also gives giant whaleships a bit more maneuverability while essentially making DDs ninja- In exchange for their usual skills, of course.

Examples I thought of:

T1 - Efficient Engines - -7% time to reach full engine power

T2 - Last Stand - Same as Vanilla. Allows penalized movement when engine and/or rudder are disabled

T3 - Draft Reduction - -15% to turning circle

T4 - Fast Switch - -15% time to rudder shift

T5 - Streamlined - +5% maximum ship speed on destroyers and cruisers, +10% maximum ship speed to carriers and battleships, +10% time to maximum engine power

109 posts
5,101 battles

Good idea, I'm willing to trade speed for lower rudder shift time and small turning circle any time, especially with the sluggish high tier BBs. +1

Edited by RepublicTrooper

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

can we have the ability to hide our torpedo at the sea

because everyone already move like Japanese sport car

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Well..... those 2 benefits existed in the game now, it's available for tier 6+ ships on 5th slot though.

Propulsion Modification 2 - Reduces time to full speed: -20% to time for reaching full power (acceleration)

Steering Gears Modification 2 - Reduces rudder shift time: -20% to rudder shift time

If you want another skill column focusing on maneuverability, it's a good suggestion.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I'm aware that those upgrades are around, which is why I'm suggesting a skill-based version of them because there are already upgrades to things like concealment, secondary/AA range, reload time, etc- Those upgrades also have their own skill-based counterparts. The maneuverability bits don't.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

can we have the ability to hide our torpedo at the sea

because everyone already move like Japanese sport car

this

with the buff on acquisition module+torpedo warning+nerft on torpedo concealment. hitting a seasoned battleship captain with torpedoes is hard. (unless you totally caught him off guard)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

There's an empty T4 Concealment slot in the current skill tree. Something like a reduction in torpedo detection range would be somewhat suitable- However, that isn't the primary topic of this thread.

403 posts
8,172 battles

Well..... those 2 benefits existed in the game now, it's available for tier 6+ ships on 5th slot though.

If you want another skill column focusing on maneuverability, it's a good suggestion.

But for the upgrades in the gunnery slots they sometimes come with tradeoffs (like the gun turning speed upgrade), but the similar tier 2 skill does not. So unless WG rebalances the upgrades, crew skills for maneuverability may not be as enticing. But then again there is no kill like overkill, so I welcome any ability to improve torpedobeat ability

Sign in to follow this