Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
petee

Weird Issue with Detection.

14 comments in this topic

507 posts
9,828 battles

Before i Start I am well aware of the Bug with Situational Awareness.

So i was in my Fletcher on two brothers and i start capping when a yamato shows up in front of me at 5 kms so i pop my smoke and stop moving when the detection is gone. there are no allied ships close by so i couldn't see him and enemy ships were over 12 kms away.

As long as i am in the smoke and the yamato doesn't walk into it at about 2 - 2.5 kms i shouldn't be spotted right? But no.

And Suddenly i'm detected out of nowhere and i can't even see that Yamato nor any other ship for another 10 -ish seconds and then the Yamato appears at about 2 kms.

Of course i kill him but his secondaries had already done the damage in that 10 s and i succumb to fires.

Why is this happening? And the detected icon was a detected by ship icon, not the hydro or a a plane one.

This happened to me like 5 times since 0.5.5. I can attach the replay with the Time stamp if someone wants to take a look.

EDIT:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byo3hvewl7m5S2hSenZtUi1aQXM/view?usp=sharing

Goodle Drive link to the Replay and the Time Stamp to start watching is 7 : 00

Edited by petee

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

then let me take a look upon it

might as well as upload it somewhere and put the link here

Add:

There is this module that helps you spot anything at 3 km range instead of 2 km

this Yamato might use it

Edited by Harpoon01

783 posts
4,821 battles

So i was in my Fletcher on two brothers and i start capping when a yamato shows up in front of me at 5 kms so i pop my smoke and stop moving when the detection is gone. there are no allied ships close by so i couldn't see him and enemy ships were over 12 kms away.

As long as i am in the smoke and the yamato doesn't walk into it at about 2 - 2.5 kms i shouldn't be spotted right? But no.

And Suddenly i'm detected out of nowhere and i can't even see that Yamato nor any other ship for another 10 -ish seconds and then the Yamato appears at about 2 kms.

Of course i kill him but his secondaries had already done the damage in that 10 s and i succumb to fires.

Why is this happening? And the detected icon was a detected by ship icon, not the hydro or a a plane one.

This happened to me like 5 times since 0.5.5. I can attach the replay with the Time stamp if someone wants to take a look.

It is kind of tied to the SA bug that was present since 0.5.5

I notice it while being in the opposite side. Plenty of times, I'm already bombarding a DD being SEEN while inside smoke. No one is close enough for absolute 2km detection, no one is using radar but I could still lock on and shoot at the DD and the enemy does nothing but sit inside smoke until it's too late to move.

I could chalk up the enemy DD not moving with the SA bug, or just confidence in smoke and thinking I'm lucky with my random shots but being able to see a DD inside smoke without the conventional detections is something which occurs fairly often since this patch.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Quite a lot of battleships are using TA upgrade instead of concealment. I notice this trend while going around headlands to surprise battleships and get lit up at 3 km instead of 2 km.

507 posts
9,828 battles

Added the replay.

And if you're talking about the Target Acquisition Module then are you sure it works in smoke? Cause i've pulled off feats like this before and never it never happened.

Has WG acknowledged this Bug?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

And if you're talking about the Target Acquisition Module then are you sure it works in smoke?

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. +50% to assured acquisition range.

122 posts
14,823 battles

Def something off. I don't mind being inserted into the middle of next week......Just would like to know why......Usually smoke up @ a safe distance depending on DD to sink the slipper a tad =D .....Then it starts raining......NO......It hails......Shells from all and sundrie are incoming!   Not to postcode .....Not to letter box ........Right into that small amount of water in the WC!!!    It's all good if we know what's going on......It's not all good when we don't

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Def something off. I don't mind being inserted into the middle of next week......Just would like to know why......Usually smoke up @ a safe distance depending on DD to sink the slipper a tad =D .....Then it starts raining......NO......It hails......Shells from all and sundrie are incoming!   Not to postcode .....Not to letter box ........Right into that small amount of water in the WC!!!    It's all good if we know what's going on......It's not all good when we don't

is that a riddle or something?

your  English quite messed up

122 posts
14,823 battles

Never been asked and told that before........I don't understand those bizzare cartoons either......Good thing about this game......We get to know about how ppl have NFI WTF ppl r on about ......=D

112 posts
1,431 battles

It's all good Billy......I know what your on about....:teethhappy:

72 posts
2,544 battles

That's exactly how it's supposed to work. +50% to assured acquisition range.

So that means the standard 2km proximity spotting for all ships is increased to 3km for a ship that has the Target Acquisition System installed... OK something to keep in mind.

189 posts
4,857 battles

EDIT:

To be honest there's a point I agree with you and a point I don't

Agreed: Yes when the Yamato was 2 km away from you the Detected alert showed properly, but the fact is that the Yamato should show up at the same time, instead of being a few seconds later

Disagreed: When two ships from different teams are 2 km away then they are always detected regardless of Line of Sight obstructions; in other words, every ships have a 2 km assurred detection range

189 posts
4,857 battles

EDIT:

Also you can install "Smoke screen boundaries mod" so good luck, like I do

You know we've playe with each other for some time

Sign in to follow this