Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DepthToKeel

USN Cruisers Captain Skills (Most Recent Update)

10 comments in this topic

2 posts
551 battles

Hello everyone, I got this game a few months ago and I've been mostly playing around co-op. Recently I decided to grow a spine and dipped my toes in random battles and started paying attention to the little details like commander skills. I chose to work on the US lines first and found myself enjoying the cruisers. As mentioned, commander skills, what would be the best skills for USN cruiser captains?

I found these two posts (Post A, Post B) on r/worldofwarships over at reddit, it gave me a good idea but it seems outdated as it was dated last year and of course there has been many changes since then. I'm also planning on getting me some doubloons to re-distribute the skills points.

Cheers and happy hunting?...err sailing/shipping/driving?, I came from the submarine scene (Silent Hunter series) :hiding:

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Months ago? Only recently started playing PvP? S-So much patience.

Situational awareness is a must-have tier 1 skill, regardless of what build you're after.

You could opt for an AA build, a general-purpose build and an "I'll be the first one to push, and the last to retreat!" build. All of these are 15pts

I suggest you prioritize the left-most first.

AA:

Sit. Awareness + Basic Firing Training

Expert Marksman

Superintendent (More AA consumables)

Advanced Firing Training + Manual Aim for AA guns

General-purpose (Tolerable build for when your genius team does something extremely smart. This is also the build most people tend to go for)

Sit. Awareness

Expert Marksman

Superintendent

Demolitions Expert

Concealment Expert

Last to retreat (Extremely aggressive playstyle involving islands and risky maneuvers)

Sit. Awareness

Last Stand or Fire Prevention

Vigilance

Demolitions Expert

Last chance or Preventive Maintenance

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i main USN cruiser before( when there are lots of carriers still around)

level 1. situation awareness :good for to know if there are destroyer around

Basic Firing training : buff secondary guns. good for cleveland (best secondary guns for cruiser at tier 6) and later baltimore and des moines. also buff AA by 10%

level 2. expert marksmen : allows you to turn your guns more quickly, allows you to aim faster while dodging shots.

level 3. superintendent : gives extra AA barrage or sonar, and later repair consumables

level 4. i usually go with Advance firing training. with +20 range module and AFT, it extend your AA coverage significantly, allows you to protect even more valuable ships. it also extend your secondary guns range.

level 5. concealment : you don't want to be in the corsairs of the enemy most of the time.

Edited by yansuki

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

concealment is a must have for any ships that are not CVs, and you might want to tell us how far up the USN CA line you have gotten to and how far you want to go

2 posts
551 battles

concealment is a must have for any ships that are not CVs, and you might want to tell us how far up the USN CA line you have gotten to and how far you want to go

I'm using Omaha at the moment trying to get the Cleveland, as for how far I want to go, I want to complete the USN cruiser line before moving on to other ships/nations.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

My advice would be....stop at Cleveland and jump over to Japan, Russian or German cruisers....you can thank me later.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

USN CAs arnt that bad after Pensacola and NO, especially after they got radar, but i would suggest IJN CAs for beginers

Sign in to follow this