You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moganite

What how is "bear" worth censoring ?

21 comments in this topic

331 posts
17,051 battles

topic title says it all recently.

How in earth is bear considered rude enough to consider censoring?

with all the 12 yo kids wanting you to die and telling you to off yourself cause you told them they are dumb for not bringing fighters on their CV in a CV fight.

also ralking about free xp will also be censored as will all words that have ex in them excellent !

How do you turn the dammed thing off? It is turning minced meat of our conversations and it bans innocent words like bear leaving others untouched.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Something-something-programming error-something-something.

Apparently, the filters aren't as simple as a banned word listing a la forums.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,452 battles

"Bear" is a component of the word "beard." In ancient times, a captain's beard was a crucial indicator of naval power and fortitude, and XOs went to great lengths to hide their condition - and thus, formidability - from the enemy. Some have suggested other more base motivations for such actions, but in any case it is still a very sensitive issue amongst our naval captains.

783 posts
4,808 battles

"Bear" is a component of the word "beard." In ancient times, a captain's beard was a crucial indicator of naval power and fortitude, and XOs went to great lengths to hide their condition - and thus, formidability - from the enemy. Some have suggested other more base motivations for such actions, but in any case it is still a very sensitive issue amongst our naval captains.

Now if only this was how they explain how simple words get censored then I'd have no problem at all.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Some disturbing word havent got censored yet

You can check it in the game

The dev know this

Not sure when they will fix it

72 posts
2,544 battles

The previous workaround for the filter still works apparently, even though the current patch had that file removed from the res folder.

That said, I think it shouldn't be such an expensive implementation to put up a "Toggle Profanity Filter" in the Options. I mean yeah, the filter was meant to protect some of us, but I'm pretty sure there's a good number of us who wouldn't mind largely due to the invention of sarcasm.

61 posts
2,625 battles

Yep funny sometimes :)

Yesterday wanted to chat some containing " BBs excepted"  was censored " BB***cepted" because Bot thought I was writing "sex"

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

what about sending multiple o's

I was chatting my divmate with noooo and had the o's censored? LOL :trollface:

Maybe it's WG's way of saying it's sick and tired of everyone's KC Shimakaze impression.