You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BottleneckedGaming

Secondary guns gave my friend TK status

15 comments in this topic

189 posts
4,857 battles

Dear WG

When I was playing with my friend I saw him being in a knife fighting (close quarters) with an enemy BB. And so on an allied destroyer ran between him and the enemy ship exactly when his secondary fired. The ****ing secondary guns' acuracy (which is unreasonably bad) caused his shells to hit the allied destroyer on very low health (yes the DD was on very low health) and instantly his icon went pink...

There are two bugs:

1. Too pitiful secondary guns accuracy (far worse than the main guns honestly)

2. Getting team killing status because of accidental team damage (since players DO NOT aim the secondary themselves, they can only pick a target to focus firiing)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

1. Too pitiful secondary guns accuracy (far worse than the main guns honestly)

2. Getting team killing status because of accidental team damage (since players DO NOT aim the secondary themselves, they can only pick a target to focus firiing)

1. It is normal unless your commander has manual secondary guns perk, which increases the accuracy of secondary guns.

2. And I agree with you. Currently, anything that killing your ally counts as Team Kill. Since secondary guns are uncontrollable & only has small percentage to be use to TK allies, it shouldn't count towards to pink status.

Edited by Mingfang47

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

2. And I agree with you. Currently, anything that killing your ally counts as Team Kill. Since secondary guns are uncontrollable & only has small percentage to be use to TK allies, it shouldn't count towards to pink status.

You do have control. Press P.

189 posts
4,857 battles

Not worth trying to put the secondary out when going BB-BB close combat just for letting allied DD to run past. Players can do nothing to aim teh secodaries, this is all the AI's fault, this is the devs' fault

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Not worth trying to put the secondary out when going BB-BB close combat just for letting allied DD to run past. Players can do nothing to aim teh secodaries, this is all the AI's fault, this is the devs' fault

The logic is not sound. If an allied DD is sailing in front of your main guns, you would not click to fire your main guns would you? If you would hold fire for your main guns, why not hold fire for your secondaries?

189 posts
4,857 battles

The logic is not sound. If an allied DD is sailing in front of your main guns, you would not click to fire your main guns would you? If you would hold fire for your main guns, why not hold fire for your secondaries?

Would anyone do so playing a battleship?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Would anyone do so playing a battleship?

Yes? Just yesterday I did exactly this as I had to sail behind an ally while within secondary range of an enemy ship. As soon as the ally was clear I switched it back on. No worries.

189 posts
4,857 battles

Yes? Just yesterday I did exactly this as I had to sail behind an ally while within secondary range of an enemy ship. As soon as the ally was clear I switched it back on. No worries.

Well the secondary hit after it went past the LoS between the two ships around 0.3 km

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Well, in terms in attempt to use the secondary guns to aim & TK allied players. I believe (& my wild guess) the TK'd by secondary guns' percentage is very low.

In anyways, it's the players' responsibility if they want to risk TK'ing an "3% hp left" ally or not. But the small remaining HP of ally & TK'd the ally (with secondary guns) shouldn't count towards as Team Killer (Pink color) status.

Edited by Mingfang47

189 posts
4,857 battles

Well, in terms in attempt to use the secondary guns to aim & TK allied players. I believe (& my wild guess) the TK'd by secondary guns' percentage is very low.

In anyways, it's the players' responsibility if they want to risk TK'ing an "3% hp left" ally or not. But the small remaining HP of ally & TK'd the ally (with secondary guns) shouldn't count towards as Team Killer (Pink color) status.

Yes the secondary TK percentage is very low and remember in that case he was using his Yamato and as you all know when you get destroyed in high tiers the repair cost is very, very high, minus earning isn't something in his favor. So why should you just avoid TKing an ally with 3% HP and get destroyed and accept -150k credits earning? To amade, even if the devs reduce repair cost by 30% it is still an -110k earning. Is it better to try to earn more in one battle or to play as many as possible and burn loads of time?

And it is very unreasonable that my friend has played since CBT, having played high tier premium cruisers a lot, so it is not possible that he would try to cause intentional team damage, only accidental team damage. He is not dumb, you know