Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

PVE AI has been buffed in this patch. But now there is a problem

21 comments in this topic

[AE]
199 posts
9,474 battles

So straight after patch a friend of mine who is relatively new, and therefore likes to play PVE, platooned with me in PVE. The patch has seen an extreme increase in AI bot aggressiveness and intelligence. Now this is bots. Most peoples WR against them is in the 90%+ area. Well team after team we were on got smashed. And I do mean smashed. So AI has improved out of sight. Only one problem. The xp available is still only about 300-500 sort of area. So it is no longer easy, for people to learn, and offers no incentive like it did. Why do this? It pretty much convinced my mate to move to random battles, as they are now about equal in difficulty, but offer far more reward. Too many people playing PVE?

216 posts
2,239 battles

"Oh no! What should we do? We couldn't play in PvP because we would get smashed like noob so we play PvE, but now we can't even play there since we're still getting smashed like noobs."

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Skynet is evolving.

I wouldn't worry about it though, devs will adjust the bot difficulty if it's "too hard" for newbies.

A bit more challenge wouldn't hurt though, if even "newbies" have over 90% W/R in Co-op.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Normally I start a day of WoWS with a PVE match as a warm up and OP is right, there's been a substancial change in the AI that I noticed since the last update... They've gone aggresive alright and starting to hit their marks too... I'm still winning but half the time I'm sunk which was quite unusual in a PvE match but nothing painful..

Maybe a 10% to EXP gained but still same Credits reward might not be such a bad idea...

350 posts

"If WG is going to make the AI more aggressive then how am I going to have fun?"

Fu1TRJl.png

He's right. The devs did say that they wanted to give a challenge to PVE players and increasing the AI's intelligence is just one of the ways they did it. As for being rekted part, as long as the team wins, I still get a much better reward than losing. Except in Tier 6, in which I lose thousands of credits either way if sunk.

[AE]
199 posts
9,474 battles

The major issue is not whether people need to improve or not. It is the fact that both World of Warships and World of Tanks need a wading pool for the newbies. To learn etc. WoT did this by having tier 1 and 2 as "Sandbox" type mode. I loved the idea of the PVE because it meant a truly "safe" place to learn. Now, as I stated, it is no longer so. So, why would someone new continue with PVE when they can make significant gains in PVP? Maybe WG saw that too many people were happy to slash around in the wading pool and not move on to random battles. But it seems a bit dis-ingenious of them to do so. We don't need a whole lot of people playing randoms who have not spent a little time in PVE. Maybe the server numbers were just not growing quickly enough?

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

How about the difficulity based on tier

So you won't find a tier 1 ship commanded by AI

Able to land perfect hit on you?

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

after checking the current PVE mode, I find that the AI has been increased slightly........but not to the level we use in testing. We can get WG to bring that if you like!!

PVE mode will be going through a few changes as WG settles on what the mode will bring, hopefully in the future, better rewards or missions, but for that to happen, AI needs to be increased.

216 posts
2,239 battles

The major issue is not whether people need to improve or not. It is the fact that both World of Warships and World of Tanks need a wading pool for the newbies. To learn etc. WoT did this by having tier 1 and 2 as "Sandbox" type mode. I loved the idea of the PVE because it meant a truly "safe" place to learn. Now, as I stated, it is no longer so. So, why would someone new continue with PVE when they can make significant gains in PVP? Maybe WG saw that too many people were happy to slash around in the wading pool and not move on to random battles. But it seems a bit dis-ingenious of them to do so. We don't need a whole lot of people playing randoms who have not spent a little time in PVE. Maybe the server numbers were just not growing quickly enough?

Naaa, I actually like how WoWs is kind of geared to have their players hit the ground sprinting "Git gud, or git ded!" Like breeding spartans, weed out the weak.

783 posts
4,810 battles

after checking the current PVE mode, I find that the AI has been increased slightly........but not to the level we use in testing. We can get WG to bring that if you like!!

PVE mode will be going through a few changes as WG settles on what the mode will bring, hopefully in the future, better rewards or missions, but for that to happen, AI needs to be increased.

I'd like it to have that testing level difficulty actually. Can that be arranged like something optional? :hiding:

PVE for me as it stands is a game mode I use just so I can go YOLO once in a while. Rushing enemies just to torp with my cruisers is a good feeling and I hardly care about the repair cost.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,284 posts

I only play PvE and I must admit I can't see any difference in AI effectiveness.

And for all of you PvP players, There are some people who don't want to play PvP.

I'm sure that these players as well as myself will continue to play PvE even though you people think that it's just for "newbies". Some people don't care about making the "significant gains" in PvP, especially when most of you complain about the complete muppets that play in PvP mode.

I grind in PvE and still make over 1500xp per game (with flags and signals....thanks for selling them WG!)

I for one am very interested in what WG want to do with the PvE mode, as it's all I play and it's all that I will continue to play.

I will probably start to play WoT again once they introduce PvE there.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Iiiiiif i remember right, MM itself has a newbie separator that puts newbies together, even at low tiers. For example, tier 1 and 2 sealclubbers are very likely to meet each other rather than clueless souls who just started the game.

If this applied to ai where the advanced ai is only encountered by players with a higher record in their accounts while brain dead ai will melt at newbies hands, it would solve the problem. However if this system is already in place (i did not play pve in very long coz lolwhywouldyoupve) then

GIT GUD

72 posts
2,544 battles

So straight after patch a friend of mine who is relatively new, and therefore likes to play PVE, platooned with me in PVE.

Iiiiiif i remember right, MM itself has a newbie separator that puts newbies together, even at low tiers. For example, tier 1 and 2 sealclubbers are very likely to meet each other rather than clueless souls who just started the game.

If this applied to ai where the advanced ai is only encountered by players with a higher record in their accounts while brain dead ai will melt at newbies hands, it would solve the problem. However if this system is already in place (i did not play pve in very long coz lolwhywouldyoupve) then

GIT GUD

I'm not sure if what Kleiss had mentioned does actually exist or not. But if it does, remember how Division matchmaking works? :trollface:
Edited by Calderhunt

350 posts

I'm not sure if what Kleiss had mentioned does actually exist or not. But if it does, remember how Division matchmaking works? :trollface:

It exists, but only for PVP I think, mostly to discourage seal clubbing. Not so in PVE, I'm afraid.

783 posts
4,810 battles

GIT GUD

That system works as long as there's enough population.

So Seal Clubbers can just wait for low player count hours and commence with their work.

168 posts
5,667 battles

How about the difficulity based on tier

So you won't find a tier 1 ship commanded by AI

Able to land perfect hit on you?

This.

Thw old difficulty was fine for newbies but  way too easy for more experienced players.

They should just scale it up with the battle tier.

Sign in to follow this