You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

TK working as intended?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

So I'm in a DD fighting 3 dds and 4 squadrons of planes when in the middle of it a friendly dd runs right into the middle from around an island and takes one of my torps and dies. I kill 5 enemy ships and the one friendly and now I'm PINK  ...  I thought the TK system was supposed to differentiate between accidental and TKs on purpose, IE if you constantly hit friendlies / your friendly damage is high compared to enemy damage  ...  so suddenly I'm in a position where if another friendly turns into my torps I'm sent to purgatory or something ...  my investment in this game is huge but now I fear losing all to a couple of isolated accidents. Do I now want to invest more in the game?  I understand the purpose of the system but this is over the top. Surely the system can check frequency of damage to friendlies and the obvious bad player reports before jumping on a single incident ...

And to the guy I torped I appologise .

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Don't worry

The thing you only get from damaging allied vessel is just a pink name

Nothing else

And it will dissappear soon as you play normally without damaging any allied ship

Nothing to lose, just plays normally

334 posts
13,009 battles

I suggest being much, much more careful with your torpedoes.

Still wont stop accidents. Torpedo warning range should be extended 3 x at least for incoming friendly torps

[QAQ]
4 posts
10,893 battles

just get pink today ,i have to say some player (dd mostly) they will aiming  for ur torp, they know ur trop is coming and they know they dont have to any thing about ( ,but they will turn the ship to it and make u pink .

783 posts
4,819 battles

just get pink today ,i have to say some player (dd mostly) they will aiming  for ur torp, they know ur trop is coming and they know they dont have to any thing about ( ,but they will turn the ship to it and make u pink .

That may be a griefer but they are a very little minority. Most are just accidents. Also, what's in it for him to turn you pink? He literally loses credits and forfeits the match not even mentioning wasting time.

Being pink goes away just after a few matches of playing normally anyway.

(You can go CV and watch pink planes swarm the map :3 )

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

That may be a griefer but they are a very little minority. Most are just accidents. Also, what's in it for him to turn you pink? He literally loses credits and forfeits the match not even mentioning wasting time.

Being pink goes away just after a few matches of playing normally anyway.

(You can go CV and watch pink planes swarm the map :3 )

Hey thats not me! :)

Though tbh as well ive seen with the coral sea event cruiser challenge some really weird things in my game time. (DD/CAs).

Friendly cruisers firing torps over max range (6-10km) and these are launched at enemies 12 km + away with friends between. Perhaps they are hoping the enemy run onto them, but ive been hit and ive seen others hit in this fashion too. Some players just shouldnt use torps!! :)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

for the coral sea challenge i suggest that you use furrytaco, it's got enough bow armor to yolo a BB and pretty good fireing arcs on the torps:D

Super Tester
1,310 posts

yes. its working as intended..

last patch dev changed the requirement of automatic TK flag

killing ally by anymeans (except by ramming) will get u auto PINK. even if ur ally only has 500hp left. if u killed him with torp/gun, u will get PINK.

also damage treshold for hurting ally has been reduced. so its easier to get PINK when u hurt ur ally (i dont know the exact number)

this change was made and needed to control the carelessness from random torping, etc

anddd dont worry

after u played few match, it will go away

if u dont get another TK flag that is

61 posts
2,625 battles

yep, had that in my first game in 5.5 too, with my Imperator touched another teammate (really only touched parallel running) and as I didnt hit any enemy before,

my team/enemy damage ratio was 100% hence I turned punk immediately. Done some enemy damage during game (incl. 3 sunken)

Then next game i hit enemy 3 times and suddenly I turn yellow again.

On the contrary some 10 games later a teammate runs into a full spread of torps (we were knife-fighting in torp alley), blows up - but no reaction by TK.

Seems it works OK so far, only in beginning (depending how often U played in 5.5 already) its easy to break the "pink"-treshold

Edited by BBcaptain008

Super Tester
1,310 posts

PS : killing ally with torp doesnt immediately turn u into pink in the game

but after the match end u will get notification that u have turned PINK

Edited by ReNation

2 posts
2,900 battles

I got my pinky today going for a enemy and torp'd a friendly on low health, still cost me 17000K & 100 exp. I did say sorry my fault for even thinking I would get away with that shot. 

Ok about 2 hours later I have been a good lad pinky gone 

Edited by Jackson006