You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Yu_S

How does match making work when player keeps losing?

30 comments in this topic

4 posts
3,345 battles

I'm so sick with match making today. I somehow lost 11 matches in a row. 

I have 53% win rate so I deem myself as an average player. Even if I'm very bad, at least 1 of the 11 teams should have carried me to get a victory. After losing like 8 games, I still get into +3 tier games. I play USN CA and DD so there's no way I carry the game in higher tier games.

So my question is, how does match making work when player keeps losing? Shouldn't it get me into a non-inferior team so at least I could win by luck?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

if i lost 5times in a row. i exit the game, wash my face, punch a wall, find cold drink, and re login again.. hoping RNG God are in your favour...

4 posts
3,345 battles

if i lost 5times in a row. i exit the game, wash my face, punch a wall, find cold drink, and re login again.. hoping RNG God are in your favour...

After losing 5 times, my mindset was like "Okay. There is no way I lose the next game, right?" Then I kept finding match. Suddenly, I realized that I have lost 11 games in a row.

How come there is no adjustment by matching making after so many defeats... RNG is OP...

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

as a USN DD, you are expected to carry the match, and there is no way that you could have been put in +3tier matches unless you fail dived, but just as a suggestion, keep a cold one on hand if you get into a losing streak, it's only thing you can do:D

783 posts
4,819 battles

After losing 5 times, my mindset was like "Okay. There is no way I lose the next game, right?" Then I kept finding match. Suddenly, I realized that I have lost 11 games in a row.

How come there is no adjustment by matching making after so many defeats... RNG is OP...

The only adjustment I know of is when you are bottom tier for around ~4 times in a row, you are guaranteed to be the top tier.

Matchmaking doesn't take into account skill or stats anyway (there are a lot of repercussions if it did)

Ah, also +3 tier matchmaking does not exist, unless there's a fail division.

So yeah, RNG is OP. I know some people who went 20 defeats in row actually. (I dunno my worst losing streak number)

783 posts
4,819 battles

mine was 16 in a row back when my highest tiered ship was a puny kongo, made me rage quit for a month i think...

mine is around 12(?) if I remember right.

If in a day I get around 5 losses in a row, I just hop on to my CV and try to break the streak. (I just find CVs reliable for this)

If it's still a loss, call it a day and do/play something else.

Worst losing streaks really are the ones where the player played good-great for those games but still lost. I accept losing if I derp/potato or make a big mistake, but doing most things right and being brought down by something random is certainly draining.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

WG need to apply system that gave a bonus reward for the top player from losing team......

783 posts
4,819 battles

WG need to apply system that gave a bonus reward for the top player from losing team......

Somewhere in the EU thread of the "Interesting Stuff from RU" which features RU Q&A with some devs (has a lot of pages so I can't specify which page)

Someone asked about this regarding Ranked battles and it seems they are working on some kind of system for it where the top player of the losing team has some kind of multiplier reward (akin to the win multiplier). Alternatively, the bottom player of the winning team will have a worse reward multiplier.

(I kind of hope this is the reason why the next season is still nowhere in sight.)

[LBAS]
4,474 posts
25,647 battles

Its nerver happened, I got 3 times login 6 lose of each, no change no no no.

I think WG doesn't care about SEA, they put so many bonus in EU and NA in every week (you can in in their home page).

SEA always be experimental for NA and EU, many mission and event in past, SEA always be the first and cheap prize has given.

What can I say now, live with that or withdraw.

Edited by MatterCore

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Play in higher tier, get rekt'd then exit. Play your lower tier ships, rekt them & win the battle then back to high tier to get rekt'd again.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Winning is a good thing but here's how I picture it out... If you gotta win, someone's gotta lose and we all want to win right? So I just take my defeats in stride thinking that I probably made someone's day and I'll be that guy in the next match...

Yeah 11 defeats in a row might be hair pullingly frustrating but it's part and parcel to the game so get used to it, normally there's not much to meditate on when you win but when you lose there's a lot to look back into and learn...

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

my record is 43 losses in a row.

Dev notes say they are looking at the mm algorithm for when players lose too many in a row, and set the player up "with a favourable team".

What I think they mean by this is, the losing player on the streak will be highest tier in battles until a win.

Unfortunately, this has a domino effect, for the mm then has to find 23 other people to gain from this match "set up", not to mention all the other people in battle queue, who will be set into higher tier battles, when they are actually overdue for a lower tier one.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,605 battles

we all have these days, i lost alot like for days or even a week and i lost 8 matches out of 10

exit the game chill out, its just a game anyway and come back later

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Uhmmm

How to say it...

Hmmm

Get good?

Anyway my record of lose is about... 16?

I knew instantly that i must stop playing for a while...

It actually works quite well, as you keep playing sometimes you are getting cocky and playing unwell and rather blame everything else

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

I just did the same thing. Closed the laptop and walked away for a couple of hours. I've lost 1.3 percent in the last couple of days. That last match we were in Drakon has been the norm the last few days. Doesn't matter how much damage or how many kills it ends in defeat.

18 posts
1,238 battles

I will try to play lower tier ships, usually my best performed ship in lower tier, to build up my confident.

I had experienced 3 bottom tier games in a row, the MM system works properly to take me to one top tier game, then I had another 3 bottom tier games in a row... the cycle kept going like 15 games or so.

This was the worst situation I have had so far. The most important is I didn't give up or depressed, this helped me through.

353 posts
5,015 battles

if I lose 3-4 games i a row, I will close game and stop for the day.

the impt thing is dont get too worked up over a game, game is to help you enjoy or relax.

sometime a good loss is also better than a bad win

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Those losing streaks... I've only ever gotten to 6, then win, then get another losing streak. It's these pockets of victories that kept me sane.

But that was when I was grinding to Aoba and Fuso- Right now, Stein is daijobu.

Right now, thanks to higher-tier economy problems (Justifiable excuse), I know I can always come back to tier 5 to farm play against newer players.

156 posts
3,374 battles

My worst losing streak is 7, but usually within those losses, my performance has been terrible. Despite getting an acceptable rate of hits on target, when you're on a losing streak, your torpedoes miss- even from point blank range, you can't start fires, you can't cause incapacitations and you certainly don't score citadel hits either. 

Last night I was in a T5 CA with 1/3 health. A T5 DD with a quarter health had a slugging match with me. I hit him 12 times and he still sank me with his pea shooters. My hits just did no damage and caused no incapacitation of any kind. That was with HE and then AP. But his did cause fires, shot my torpedo tubes etc.

This sort of thing has happened multiple times when on a losing streak. That RNG sometimes!!!

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

I just did the same thing. Closed the laptop and walked away for a couple of hours. I've lost 1.3 percent in the last couple of days. That last match we were in Drakon has been the norm the last few days. Doesn't matter how much damage or how many kills it ends in defeat.

yeah, it really didnt matter how had you tried, heck, i had to go after the DDs in a bloody derpitz after the CA/CL just failed and our DDs got squished like a bug

451 posts
6,946 battles

How about games where the enemy team just scores a flawless victory, 0/all survive kind of victory

Had a couple of games like that, it's ridicuous how dumb the pubs can be even at tiers 7+

1 post

I dont know man, i also lose 8 match straight, most of the time team up with Tier10. 

Those tier10 like running in and suicide. 

But when WOT gave me free premium account, I tends to win 80% of the match. 

Maybe they want us to purchase premium account? 

End of the day, people still want to make profit right?