Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KillStealz

MM & Div Fail

15 comments in this topic

[SGC]
93 posts
6,371 battles

1. WG can you please implement restrictions on fail divisions like this.

2. MM didn't even attempt to make up for the lost tiers, working as intended?

For those too lazy to check the match-up:

Tiers Team 1 Team 2
XI 4 4
VIII 2 6
VII 4 2
V 1 0
I 1 0
Total 86 98

ekDPNas.jpg

[content removed]

Naming and Shaming.  Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

Edited by KillStealz

153 posts
3,262 battles

They should restrict the divisions to no more than +/- 1 tier apart or only for same tier to be able to join a game in division for random battle.

783 posts
4,821 battles

The pic was already [content removed] so I don't know. If it was the tier IX that was div'd with the V and I then MM was doing it's job of balancing tiers due to the highest one in the div is usually the standard tier for each ship in the division.

Else well, you have the right to curse the matchmaker for not even doing it's Tier balancing job. But ultimately, it's the div's fault.

(I really wish the division restrictions were at least implemented. it can even be -2/+2 if they really want to stretch it as long as there's no Tier 8 bringing a Tier 1 or 2 ship.)

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I saw a yamato, kawachi, mikasa div yesterday.

It was in co-op, but still, how stupid can you be to div up with a tier 2 & 3 battleship.

The muppets continue to amaze on this server.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

I saw a yamato, kawachi, mikasa div yesterday.

It was in co-op, but still, how stupid can you be to div up with a tier 2 & 3 battleship.

The muppets continue to amaze on this server.

Oh come on... Just Co-op. Sometimes i do troll like this. But it is just Co-op and no one loses on Co-op. This is the only way i can test how many torpedoes does it take to sink a Yamato using Wakatake. :D

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

I beg to differ.

A hell of a lot of people lose on Co-op.

Especially when they do stupid crap like that.....(Well not really, I carried the game with the N. Carolina. The Yamato played like a complete assclown.)

61 posts
2,625 battles

OK, Orlan is no great choice, but why should MM excluse me from div with my minekaze with some Tier 8 -10, as long as I am knowing what I am doing and I deliver my share (usually sink 2-3 enmies) ???

216 posts
2,239 battles

OK, Orlan is no great choice, but why should MM excluse me from div with my minekaze with some Tier 8 -10, as long as I am knowing what I am doing and I deliver my share (usually sink 2-3 enmies) ???

Really, "usually sink 2-3 enmies" when playing a Minekaze in a Div of tier 8-10s?

zPzYbe8.png?1

That must be a very, VERY recent discovery of skill, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I highly doubt that's the case.

But you seem like a very knowledgeable and understanding person that knows full well what he's doing when he joins a tier 8-10 Div with a tier 5 ship. So you must not need explaining on why players that ready up in Div's with ships out of tier range are frowned upon, and are treated like men/women that has never been graced with a lick of common sense their entire lives. Common sense would normally ask, "Why would any one knowingly put yourself, your Div mates, and your future team member at a disadvantage like that and increase your chance to lose?" 'I play for fun' < If this is the reason then I see no reason for you to play PvP. If all you're trying to do is to have some good fun shooting ships then why not go Div into a PvE match? This way you don't have to drag down complete strangers with your shenanigans, besides, I've heard that PvE has become a little more challenging. Give it a try, indefinitely, and spare the rest of the server your jokes.

Edited by Ryzil

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I don't mind horribly mis-tiered divisions- (Well, mostly for IJN DDs, anyway)

Just as long as they know what exactly what they're doing.

Though I will curse them from bringing something like a Kawachi or a Furutaka in a T8 match.

783 posts
4,821 battles

-snip-

His stats aside, bringing some IJN DD to higher tier matches is kind of 'acceptable' due to how their torps scale. (Given they know what they're doing)

I haven't tried it myself, but I have encountered some successful "fail" divisions that do this in some matches.

I don't mind horribly mis-tiered divisions- (Well, mostly for IJN DDs, anyway)

Just as long as they know what exactly what they're doing.

Though I will curse them from bringing something like a Kawachi or a Furutaka in a T8 match.

Same sentiment.

I had a funny T6-8 match where someone fail div'd a Kawachi and it just waited at some island and managed to insta-kill an enemy DD passing by. I'd take that over a potato ally anyday.

216 posts
2,239 battles

His stats aside, bringing some IJN DD to higher tier matches is kind of 'acceptable' due to how their torps scale. (Given they know what they're doing)

I haven't tried it myself, but I have encountered some successful "fail" divisions that do this in some matches.

Exactly as high lighted, if BBcaptain008 could actually kill 2-3 enemy ships in a tier 8-10 Div with his tier 5 DD then I wouldn't have that much of an issue with his claim, BUT normally when you see a Div with ships that are not within the plus/neg 2 tier range of their top tier ship it's a key sign that not all the spark plugs are firing. Thus I normally have almost 0% hope of a Div like this to preform well, but I do like to be surprised every now and then.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

can i add something to this. can you also implement tier 1 ship from forming a division with tier 3 and up to prevent situation like this :

NltUSfV.png

also, back in CBT i encounter houshou at tier 10, i can only feel sorry for their allies as we destroy every one of them without loosing a single ship.

i agree with them, MM is already mess up. we don't want fail division to add into the mess.

61 posts
2,625 battles

Exactly as high lighted, if BBcaptain008 could actually kill 2-3 enemy ships in a tier 8-10 Div with his tier 5 DD then I wouldn't have that much of an issue with his claim, BUT normally when you see a Div with ships that are not within the plus/neg 2 tier range of their top tier ship it's a key sign that not all the spark plugs are firing. Thus I normally have almost 0% hope of a Div like this to preform well, but I do like to be surprised every now and then.

agreed, also U have to rely on Your Div-mate to cover U....
Edited by BBcaptain008

Sign in to follow this