Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tyharo

Graphic settings

8 comments in this topic

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,213 battles

Hi guys, I would like to ask if you all could help me in setting the best possible graphics quality for my WoWs client. FYI, I'm using a 13-inch macbook air to play.

4lDE0cO.png

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

thats about the best you are going to get, since every thing has to go through the wrapper  before you see it on screen.

Turn Texture to medium, flags to medium,turn off V sync and triple (since both will not work properly anyway) turn off soft particles, and effects quality to medium.

Should see a slight improvement, but nothing will make it go close to a full Win10/NVidia setup. 

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Or you could try increasing your graphic settings, in some cases it actually increases FPS (while also making the game prettier).

No guarantees though,try it at your own leisure.

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,213 battles

thats about the best you are going to get, since every thing has to go through the wrapper  before you see it on screen.

Turn Texture to medium, flags to medium,turn off V sync and triple (since both will not work properly anyway) turn off soft particles, and effects quality to medium.

Should see a slight improvement, but nothing will make it go close to a full Win10/NVidia setup. 

Well I turned Texture Quality to medium, but then the client would automatically reset itself to back low. Turned off V sync and triple, but it made my games very laggy, so I turned it on again, and my games were back to normal.(my avg FPS is 20, which is probably very low) Turned off soft particles and set the effects quality to medium, now my games look so much better.

Thanks for the help!:)

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,213 battles

Or you could try increasing your graphic settings, in some cases it actually increases FPS (while also making the game prettier).

No guarantees though,try it at your own leisure.

That would be awesome if that happens, but sadly it doesn't...:teethhappy:

189 posts
4,857 battles

Hi guys, I would like to ask if you all could help me in setting the best possible graphics quality for my WoWs client. FYI, I'm using a 13-inch macbook air to play.

4lDE0cO.png

If:

Resoluion is the screen's native resolution, leave it. Else reduce to 1366x768 or 1280x720

What to turn off:

Antialiasing (unless you got an overkill GPU you should be having this one off all the time) and don't expect a good GPU from a MacBook. The miminum system requirements have been reduced for 0.5.5 so yes tehy said you can breathe with Intel HD (common on MacBook)

Vertical synchornization and triple buffering: everything the dev said in the Naval Academy: Graphics Settings are simply a big lie. Those settings make your FPS drop very, very badly (Vertical synchornization is an NVIDIA technology, and so it won't work with AMD and Intel GPU)

Shadow quality: Should have it turned off as well since it loads both CPU and GPU and yeah MacBooks' GPU have never been good

Foliage quality: It is something to turn off as well (without it the only thing that matters is that there are no trees, but it unloads CPU and GPU and also because trees aren't blocking your sight it's easier to shoot over islands, eh?

Soft particles: I don't remmeber exactly but the devs said that if you have a low performance PC then having it turned off is far better

For the Post Processing turning it to Very High costs you 1 FPS drop but considering how much you gained it is worthwhile and Post Processing makes the image looks more natural

I'm using a GT 420 and by knowing what to turn off and what to turn on I'm still getting a stable 50 FPS at 1280x720. That's how I made it.

189 posts
4,857 battles

My friend did you notice he said he was using a MacBook?

[LLBC]
20 posts
3,213 battles

If:

Resoluion is the screen's native resolution, leave it. Else reduce to 1366x768 or 1280x720

What to turn off:

Antialiasing (unless you got an overkill GPU you should be having this one off all the time) and don't expect a good GPU from a MacBook. The miminum system requirements have been reduced for 0.5.5 so yes tehy said you can breathe with Intel HD (common on MacBook)

Vertical synchornization and triple buffering: everything the dev said in the Naval Academy: Graphics Settings are simply a big lie. Those settings make your FPS drop very, very badly (Vertical synchornization is an NVIDIA technology, and so it won't work with AMD and Intel GPU)

Shadow quality: Should have it turned off as well since it loads both CPU and GPU and yeah MacBooks' GPU have never been good

Foliage quality: It is something to turn off as well (without it the only thing that matters is that there are no trees, but it unloads CPU and GPU and also because trees aren't blocking your sight it's easier to shoot over islands, eh?

Soft particles: I don't remmeber exactly but the devs said that if you have a low performance PC then having it turned off is far better

For the Post Processing turning it to Very High costs you 1 FPS drop but considering how much you gained it is worthwhile and Post Processing makes the image looks more natural

I'm using a GT 420 and by knowing what to turn off and what to turn on I'm still getting a stable 50 FPS at 1280x720. That's how I made it.

Thanks for the info!

Sign in to follow this