You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Safiuddin97

Suggestion on a new premium cv

21 comments in this topic

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Hi, im new to the forum. I would like to suggest a new tier 7 cv for ijn. Since usn have t7 premium saipan, which is a tier 9 ca, baltimore class. I suggest doing an Ibuki CVL, based on ibuki ca which is a tier 9 ca too in the game. Here a few specs i managed to dig out.

Name No Builder Laid down Launched Comp Fate

伊吹 <Ibuki>

Kure K K // Sasebo K K 24/4/1942 21/5/1943 --- cancelled 3/1945, BU incomplete 1947

Displacement standard, t

Displacement full, t

Length, m

187.pp 198.wl 205.oa

Breadth, m

21.2 wl 23.0 fd

Draught, m

No of shafts

Machinery

Kampon geared steam turbines, Kampon  boilers

Power, h. p.

Max speed, kts

Fuel, t

oil

Endurance, nm(kts)  
Armour, mm belt: 140 - 100, deck: 135 - 35
Armament

2 x 2 - 76/60 98-shiki, 16 x 3 - 25/60 96-shiki, 6 x 28 - 120 AA rockets, 2 DCR (30), 27 aircraft (A6M fighters, D3A, D4Y diving bombersB5N, B6N, B7A torpedo bombers, C6N recon planes)

Sensors 2 x 21-go, 13-go radars

Complement

Aircraft facilities (fd - 4,715m², ha ? m² / ? m³)Flight deck: 205.0x23.0m. There was hangar. There were 2 lifts (13.0x11.6m). Aircraft fuel stowage: 680t.    

Year fighters torpedo bombers
planned

15 A6M5

16 B6N

Naval service: Building of Ibuki was cancelled in March, 1945, when her availability was approximately 80%. In 1947 ship was sold for scrap.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Sounds interesting....

Hi makise. Team battles?

Btw, if the usn got a saipan, baltimore class, why not ibuki? Same tier, just converted. 

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

In my opinion, the IJN prem CV that they said might be coming next year will either be Kaga or Akagi depending on which one they decide to put in the 2nd CV line (whenever that is). 

Ibuki CVL might need a name change as well. 

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

A friend of mine gives out his opinion. 

"The biggest problem that I see with adding the Ibuki as a tier 7 light carrier is that the aircraft reserves are nonexistent. The only reason Saipan works as a tier 7 carrier is that they gave it small squadrons of tier 9 planes, but even if you go that route the Ibuki had just over half of the Saipan's plane capacity, so you'd either have no aircraft reserves or you'd have to do like 1 fighter and 1 bomber squadron, and those would get chewed up and spat out by the Saipan, tier 9 or no."

One problems of implementing ibuki cvl

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

In my opinion, the IJN prem CV that they said might be coming next year will either be Kaga or Akagi depending on which one they decide to put in the 2nd CV line (whenever that is). 

Yeah, she needs to change its name. 

I think if Kaga or Akagi would be added in the game, it would cancel it ibuki cvl. Since akagi can be a tier 7 cv. Her hangar capacity is equal to hiryu ( a bit addition ). But she is huge! Haha 

Or, put Ibuki CVL as tier 5 premium? Since Ibuki Hangar capacity is 27 (Wiki). Zuihou is 30 (wiki). Then a bit adjustment?

Edited by Safiuddin97

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

How about making it a prem tier 6 CV? The Indy has only 37 planes compare to Ibuki's 31, though Ryujo has 48.

honestly I think the Saipan should be regular tier6 and Indy as prem tier6, no idea what was WG thinking.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

How about making it a prem tier 6 CV? The Indy has only 37 planes compare to Ibuki's 31, though Ryujo has 48.

honestly I think the Saipan should be regular tier6 and Indy as prem tier6, no idea what was WG thinking.

I think in CBT, Saipan is a tier 6 right? im not in cbt, im started on Obt. 

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

Ibuki CVL?

That's........:ohmy:...........any blueprints of this? This looks interesting

:honoring:

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Ibuki CVL?

That's........:ohmy:...........any blueprints of this? This looks interesting

:honoring:

There is.

In wiki. they mention it was converted. but didnt finished and was scrapped.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibuki-class_cruiser

http://www.navypedia.org/ships/japan/jap_cv_ibuki.htm

1,162 posts

:izmena:

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

:izmena:

Hahahah must be a fan of akagi senpai. 

If akagi is confirmed, i ll buy her though. 10/10 would buy a rock (kaga).

Edited by Safiuddin97

1,162 posts

Hahahah must be a fan of akagi senpai. 

If akagi is confirmed, i ll buy her though. 10/10 would buy a rock (kaga).

I liek Kaga more actually :hiding: 

But I want is her true form, Tosa-class Battleship.

But if we get either one is okay too I guess. :D

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

yeah

I liek Kaga more actually :hiding: 

But I want is her true form, Tosa-class Battleship.

But if we get either one is okay too I guess. :D

I think not all ships class will be available. If i can choose one of em. I ll choose Ise-class (Hybrid). Hybrid carriers that we can control as Cv and BB. 

hahahahaha. But that will not be possible though. Hard to accomplished. 

Btw i ll buy akagi if she was implemented too. I need rock in my life. hahah Poi ~

1,162 posts

yeah

I think not all ships class will be available. If i can choose one of em. I ll choose Ise-class (Hybrid). Hybrid carriers that we can control as Cv and BB. 

hahahahaha. But that will not be possible though. Hard to accomplished. 

Btw i ll buy akagi if she was implemented too. I need rock in my life. hahah Poi ~

Wait, why you call her 'rock' tho.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Wait, why you call her 'rock' tho.

I play kancolle too. She was call rock because of her face. No expression at all. Kindly google kaga kancolle. you ll know why 

56 posts
4 battles

Yeah, she needs to change its name.

鞍馬(Kurama)was a name considered for Ibuki so it could be changed to that for the carrier.

Kurama and Ibuki were battlecruisers previous to the Kongos that were scrapped in 1923 due to the treaties so there would be no name overlap either.

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

鞍馬(Kurama)was a name considered for Ibuki so it could be changed to that for the carrier.

Kurama and Ibuki were battlecruisers previous to the Kongos that were scrapped in 1923 due to the treaties so there would be no name overlap either.

Oh. I see. Kurama. Sounds fine to me xD. Thanks for the historical info. 

[EDIT]

Oh. I believe that is Ibuki battlecruiser. This ibuki is a heavy cruiser upgraded from mogami class. She was converted to carrier but she was cancel before it was completed.

Edited by Safiuddin97

56 posts
4 battles

Oh. I see. Kurama. Sounds fine to me xD. Thanks for the historical info. 

[EDIT]

Oh. I believe that is Ibuki battlecruiser. This ibuki is a heavy cruiser upgraded from mogami class. She was converted to carrier but she was cancel before it was completed.

That's exactly what I mean.

The heavy cruiser Ibuki that was partially converted also had Kurama considered as her name before she was named Ibuki.

There were two battlecruisers, Kurama and Ibuki in the past that were scrapped, so there's no name overlap like we have with the Izumo. 

The armored cruiser Izumo survived until 1945 so naming the Tier 9 Battleship Izumo during WW2 (If she existed, but since she was a Yamato design, would have been named Yamato) wouldn't work unless the cruiser was decommissioned or sunk before the Battleship was commissioned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cruiser_Izumo