Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Secondary and AA guns delay

7 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Just wondering if other players have noticed that there seems to be a delay with secondary's and AA guns before they start firing at enemy ships and planes.

Enemy ships and planes seem to be getting well and truly within range of AA guns and secondary guns before they start to open fire.

I've got AA range of 7.2 but it doesn't seem to open fire until the range is at 6.5km.

has anyone noticed this ?

Can you please take notice of the Range of your AA and secondary's and see when your guns open fire.

thank you.

133 posts

AA guns act as an aura and the firing effect is purely for show. 

As for secondaries, it's because they have to turn and then they can fire, they don't work like AA armaments, they work as if they were a main battery except controlled by AI.

Edited by Kaminari1

153 posts
3,262 battles

For AA, I have shot down planes before my AA gun even started firing.. :D

For secondaries, there is only a slight delay.. but it is probably like what Kaminari1 mentioned, there is a traverse time..

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,814 battles

I think its a visual delay. The mechanics kick in the moment they enter 7.2km range though you may not see it.

The longest possible delay is 1 second. Because the server calculates the chance to shoot down a plane every 1 second.

Secondary guns have a initial delay as they need to traverse from their starting position (guns point forward/backward at start) to their firing positions(broadside).

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yes I know that secondary's have to turn before they fire, but this is when I give my broadside(I'm in a BB) to the enemy ship , lock onto the ship I want them to fire at, wait to get into range but nothing happens there is a delay before they fire and they are pointing at the enemy ship already. now I didn't have this problem before the 5.5 update.

same with the AA guns I lock onto the target I want them to fire at, the planes fly into range but again there is a delay and again this didn't happen before the 5.5 update.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I think its a visual delay. The mechanics kick in the moment they enter 7.2km range though you may not see it.

The longest possible delay is 1 second. Because the server calculates the chance to shoot down a plane every 1 second.

Secondary guns have a initial delay as they need to traverse from their starting position (guns point forward/backward at start) to their firing positions(broadside).

Yep I understand that and yes I understand the visual delay you are talking about.

but this never happened with 5.4 only with 5.5 have I noticed more of a delay up to 3-4 seconds.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,814 battles

Yep I understand that and yes I understand the visual delay you are talking about.

but this never happened with 5.4 only with 5.5 have I noticed more of a delay up to 3-4 seconds.

The delay you are SEEING is the VISUAL DELAY

The game mechanics kick in IMMEDIATELY because of how the AA Aura works.

The delay you are inferring from is seeing the VISUAL DELAY but the AA Aura is ALWAYS ACTIVE. You just aren't rolling the chance to shoot down a plane in those 3-4 seconds. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Also, can you please just activate replays? We are trying to infer what you write but when it comes to the mechanics, its just difficult.

Aslain's modpack, just tick the "Enable Replay Button" and it will do it automatically for you.

edit: Wait. I dont understand. So if you know the delay is the visual delay. And theres no way for the mechanics to delay unless the server is lagging therefore everyone is delayed... What delay are you speaking of? The mechanics will never delay o.O

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Sign in to follow this