You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Spawny_

[Poll] Best premium Ship

What is the best premium ship?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. The best premium ship

• Tirpitz
    • Mikhail Kutz
    • Atago
    • Lo Yang
    • Atlanta
    • Blyskawica
    • Anshan
    • Warspite
    • Murmansk
    • Kamikaze
    • Saipan

64 comments in this topic

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Just a poll to see what the community thinks is the best premium ship to spend your hard earned money on.

Cos, if I really had 1 tier 5 and above premium ship to buy this year, which should it be and why?

It doesn't have to be what's available now e.g. Tirpitz, Warspite only comes during some special occasion. 

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

IMO:

1.  Murmansk is the best value for money proposition.

Training value for RU commanders.

HE shell spammer for missions and challenges.

Torps for missions and challenges.

Spotter plane for extended range to cope with being up tiered every now and then.

2.  Atago

Better return for XP/Credits than the Murmansk but will face tier IX/X battles every now then.

3.  Tie between Blyskawika, Atlanta, Mikhail Kutz and Lo Yang.

All are good rapid fire spammers and viable for Ranked/Team Battles.

Blys and Lo Yang are hurt by their inability to train useful commanders (national problems there ;) )

Atlanta and MK are hurt by their range.

4.  For pure fun you ignore the above and grab either the Warspite or Kamikaze.

Warpsite is just kick the doors in and say hello play when she gets her own tiering.

Kamikaze is the half way point between the Minikaze and Mutsuki with the best of both.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Oh yeah, already have the Murmansk....what a steal of a premium ship.....best 3000 doubloons spent.

Now itching for another premium.....:teethhappy: Kinda wanna show my support to WOWs development team for a job well done on a great game with great updates. Too bad it's the total opposite for WOT.

Sims and gremy not in the poll cos we are never gonna be able to buy it....unless.....

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,043 battles

Atlanta's velocity shell too slow causing to missed. Ah... 

Wait a minute where is Saipan Won't you put it on this one?

Edited by THAI_THIEF

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Atlanta's velocity shell too slow causing to missed. Ah... 

Wait a minute where is Saipan Won't you put it on this one?

oh yeah...saipan....definately a premium i will not buy...haha

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Oh yeah, already have the Murmansk....what a steal of a premium ship.....best 3000 doubloons spent.

Now itching for another premium.....:teethhappy: Kinda wanna show my support to WOWs development team for a job well done on a great game with great updates. Too bad it's the total opposite for WOT.

Sims and gremy not in the poll cos we are never gonna be able to buy it....unless.....

tfw no one remembers poor Yuubari

783 posts
4,819 battles

I voted for the T8s Atago/Kutuzov/Tirpitz just coz they really are worth your money. They generate a lot of credits and are good trainers especially with German BB line incoming.

Special Mention for the Lo Yang for being the best a brawling inside smoke. That hydro goes a long way.

Too bad I personally don't have any money to buy premiums. :hiding:

415 posts
10,918 battles

4.  For pure fun you ignore the above and grab either the Warspite or Kamikaze.

Warpsite is just kick the doors in and say hello play when she gets her own tiering.

Kamikaze is the half way point between the Minikaze and Mutsuki with the best of both.

I love my Warspite ... those 15inch guns are just brutal ... and that 550m turning circle with rudder shift upgrade means she can really move.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

even though i don't have them, here are 3 premium ship i wanted in my docks

1. atago : simply the best among premium IMO. great He damage, faster turret traverse than other IJN cruisers, good torpedo placements, repair consumables to negate those annoying single fire damage. best of all PANPAKAPAN!

2. Tirpitz :

3. Murmanks : best range among tier 5 Cruisers, He has good chance of fire. great at money and seal clubbing ship. i got marblehead (back when advance firing training affect up 155mm, but in murmanks you can skip it and get demolition expert to increase your fire chance ) but now it got nerf so i'm planning to buy murmanks soon.

here's the performance of my mablehead: and murmanks is a better version of mablehead because "reasons"

xziUpiL.png

580 posts
1,587 battles

Bah, only tier 5 and above?

Emden is clearly the best premium.

Yeah I was looking for that choice too! :teethhappy: I still have her and drive her out from time to time, I kept her for sentimental reasons...
Edited by Kreigg

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

All depends on what ship commanders you want to improve with XP

Also what nation you use the most and what class of ships you are best in as well.

From your stats it says you use IJN the most and cruisers the most type of ship class.

so on that note the Atago,  you would probably get most use out of it and be best suited to using.

The Mikhail Kutz ​ you would also be a good in with its long rage and quick firing guns .

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Thanks yob....I'm leaning more towards a Tirpitz (cos i'm enjoying BBs more now) for BB.

For CAs, it's a toss between Atago and MK. I already have a 5 skill captain in my Zao, so Atago will have supreme concealment. But MK is pretty unique cos of it's smoke and fast firing guns.

For DDs, it's either Blys or Lo Yang. Tried the Blys when i was super tester...it was good, but since i got the Kiev, it kinda satisfy my DD gunboat cravings for now.

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Atago. Repair party. Best HE alpha. Best fire chances. Best concealment. Best tier 8 cruiser torpedoes.

Lack of AA mitigated by DF. Large citadel negated by 9.8km concealment with CE.

MK. 19.1km range. Good fire chances. Good AP and HE damage. Good shell velocity. Smoke.

Tirpitz. Good speed. Good guns. Wonderful torpedoes. Workable AA. Good concealment for BBs.

Lo Yang. Benson with Sonar. Need I say more?

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

153 posts
3,262 battles

Tirpitz is by far the best ship I have played with so far.. Good arc, fast shells, can brawl and sails pretty fast as well.. make evasion so much easier as people needs to lead your ship while shooting

216 posts
2,239 battles

Tirpitz: Because who doesn't want a chance to navigate the glorious Derpitz out at sea? Amazing printing press of credits and exp. great speed and maneuverability with good turret traverse speed, one of the few BB's that I would not want to get in a knife fight with (cuse this bad boy also brings torps to the knife fight). Defiantly the most expensive one on the list, but I would say it is well worth it.

Blyskawika: This Polish viking ship is feared by not only BB's and CA's, but even the nimble DD's think twice before the risk losing their wives to this savage of a ship. Good speed, decent torps, and amazing guns makes this pillager a worthy buy and a great investment.

Murmansk: Pay to win ship! *Drop mic*...... Really though, there isn't much to be said about this OP beast that hasn't been said a thousand time already. For only 3000 doubloons, this ship is by far the BEST investment of a premium ship you could ever hope to buy from this game at the moment, I mean honestly if I was WG I would be asking 4000-4500 doubloons for this ship at the lowest.... and that's being nice.

Also, why wasn't the glorious Imperator Nikolai not on this list?

451 posts
6,946 battles

I think people underestimate how good the atago is...i feel that it definitely comes in #2 after the gremy

WAIT WHY ISN'T GREMY ON THE POLL U PLEB

Edited by Kleiss

1,162 posts

Given that I never played T7+ (I dont have them yet lel) I will score it using the data that what I have stumble upon both on my team and the enemy.

For BB: I picked the Tirpitz because I have seen a few (in the right hands) they annihilated almost all enemy at designated cap base which we agree to invade and advance. All thanks to the its riot shield, almost cruiser speed, agility and the torpedo system that will scared the DDs. Quoting from Eurobeat video, "But if you only care about making credits and ruining people day look no further." Because that is my playstyle.

For CA: Atago. Strong HE, deadly torpedoes arc (If you arent familiar with the ship or simply charging without knowing that it have torpedoes that can shoot in front of the ship because starting at Aoba people maybe thinking all IJN CA got rear arc torpedoes instead, thus its quite deadly to people who dont know her.), concealment that will make BBs scared because full stealth build will make her basically a DD with just with 8-incher. Gotta love that turret...you know what I meant. :trollface:

For DD: Lo Yang. Its a Benson that can fight in the smoke. So you will have the upper hand against almost all DDs Duhhh...

PS: Its a hell to fight when you are the lowest tier.....Whew.

PPS: Special mention to Blyskawica. Those gun are deadly if used correctly. But most of the Blyska captain I found is not a master of the ship, how you can missed me at point blank range Blyska captain. Definitely want to see her in a full strength. :great: So that is that.

Edited by RisaFujiyama

[IMSDF]
Beta Tester
218 posts
4,648 battles

You guys vote the very common one! So that it will be the one nerfed in the future, and not the OP'est ship (which I always use) will not be nerfed......huehuehuehuehue :trollface:

:honoring:

216 posts
2,239 battles

I think people underestimate how good the atago is...i feel that it definitely comes in #2 after the gremy

WAIT WHY ISN'T GREMY ON THE POLL U PLEB

Guessing for the same reason he didn't put other one up like Imperator Nikolai, Sims..... Kitakami lol. These ships have very little chance of being sold again, if ever.