Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

Your Team And Your Stats

10 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

Hi. Last month, my win rate was at 55%. However, a couple days ago, i was grinding in my Cleveland, and recently, Pensacola, and I am having a losing streak, somewhat like 20 game losses, and now my win rate is down to 49%. I admit I'm not an expert in this game. I rarely even got a High Caliber and Confederate award, but my opinion regarding my losing streaks is that I was put in teams that are afraid to push a flank: destroyers not capping, BB campers, and cruisers not willing to support you. This is especially true in my Pensacola because as far as this ship goes, a lone Pepsi is a dead Pepsi.  Whenever I spawn, for example, east, It's logical that you push east. However, several games my co-spawners do not want support me, and right at that time, I was thinking, "This is a loss," and 90% of the time, it's true. I want to play aggresively but I don't want to do it without support. I try to persuade my team to support me, but they don't want to, and I end up being the first blood, or forced to play passive because I don't want to die alone without support.

I want to know the opinion of good CL/CA drivers here. How can I up my win rate whenever I am in a squishy cruiser? :( Thanks.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Playing passive is not necessarily playing bad, just as long as you're not playing passive the entire match. Don't be impetuous, or you'll end up the first one dead. Let the destroyers screen and light up the threats. Stay back, and use your guns to take out threats, such as killing DDs, and maintaining support fire on battleships and cruisers. Keep one eye on the minimap at all times. Only when you know where the enemies are located do you use your speed to push. Liberal use of map pings, F3 and F7 are necessary to communicate your intentions.

783 posts
4,821 battles

You can try playing DDs for a while and taking more of an active role in chat. Players tend to support DDs at domination caps as long as the intention is communicated.

As for the losing streaks and MM, it is random so they WILL happen. Take a break or do something else if a losing streak falls upon you just to get your mind off it and play again later.

Unless you are really unlucky, there will tend to be some players of your team that will play to win it, and as a cruiser it would be better to follow those guys. If you are also somehow confident, contest a cap at first then fire a few volleys while angled and then type F7/F8 a few times while retreating. It works a lot of times to get the team motivated to contest a cap when you do it first. Granted, you'll shave a few thousand hitpoints in the process.

173 posts
5,332 battles

Thanks for the advice. But what if all of your team advances on one flank and left  the other flank open? I observe this is a common situation in the New Dawn map. Players often go to the eastern side of that map. In Domination mode, it's ok, but in Standard, it's quite scary, as it leaves the western portion of the map uncontested. In a DD I often go to the uncontested part to give scouting info for my team then ping and press F7. I do get support by the way. But when I'm in a cruiser and my team behaves this way, what is the best thing I could do? Join them and leave that part of the map not scouted, or be the brave one, scout, and make a defensive stance on that flank and hope someone would assist you?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If you wish to be a team player in that situation, then hold back near the rear of your fleet. Leaving part of the map uncontested isn't necessarily a bad thing if, and only if, you and whoever is with you is prepared to respond to shifting situations. If you're playing a cruiser, you've got a good balance between speed and firepower to respond to such situations.

Going alone to scout and then pinging F7 for support is only useful if, and only if you can remain undetected, and hightail it out of there when you're spotted. This isn't WoT, where taking up stationary positions spread out is essential for map control. Instead, let the carriers and destroyers scout and screen respectively, while putting your firepower in a situation where it can be useful, and most of all, be prepared to shift your course and travel to deal with shifting map situations.

783 posts
4,821 battles

Adding to what Syanda said, it isn't really bad if your flank push is fast enough to get to the enemy Base. (Sadly that's usually not the case)

The only thing you can do is ask for support while braving through the disadvantageous flank when the fleet is too far from the base. If at least 2 of your allies (regardless of ship class) acknowledge it then you are in a good spot since New dawn is not that big a map. The islands are a big help in overcoming any numerical disadvantage and fleeing out of detection. It's also helpful, that at low tiers, being the one chased does wonders for your effective range making kiting viable enough. Stall for time sufficiently and it's already a job well done.

If your fleet's strong flank fails to capitalize even with all you've done, then it's out of your hands unfortunately.

(Unless you carry hard and beat the enemies in the weak flank and go for the win! :medal:)

157 posts
3,374 battles

Hi. Last month, my win rate was at 55%. However, a couple days ago, i was grinding in my Cleveland, and recently, Pensacola, and I am having a losing streak, somewhat like 20 game losses, and now my win rate is down to 49%. I admit I'm not an expert in this game. I rarely even got a High Caliber and Confederate award, but my opinion regarding my losing streaks is that I was put in teams that are afraid to push a flank: destroyers not capping, BB campers, and cruisers not willing to support you. This is especially true in my Pensacola because as far as this ship goes, a lone Pepsi is a dead Pepsi.  Whenever I spawn, for example, east, It's logical that you push east. However, several games my co-spawners do not want support me, and right at that time, I was thinking, "This is a loss," and 90% of the time, it's true. I want to play aggresively but I don't want to do it without support. I try to persuade my team to support me, but they don't want to, and I end up being the first blood, or forced to play passive because I don't want to die alone without support.

I want to know the opinion of good CL/CA drivers here. How can I up my win rate whenever I am in a squishy cruiser? :( Thanks.

All too familiar with that unfortunately. Seems to happen often- especially on that map. Everyone heads down the east side and leaves the back door wide open. Myself and one or two others will go the other way, but nine times out of ten, the entire enemy fleet has come up the west side and it ends up being a slaughter. They're normally short battles. 

And with the entire fleet going one way and leaving the door open- then your carriers are extremely vulnerable.

Try as you might to get support, people don't like being told what to do so unless you have a team of good players who are flexible, then all the other advice that has been offered here is the best course to follow.

124 posts

Your average cruiser captain here.

Higher tier ships meant you have to accept the reality and adapt different play style. I am same as you, an aggressive player, I like it up close and personal. I usually do a lot better in that kind of situation.

Regarding being in flank or rear guard with only few ships, you'll have to be on your toe if you somehow meet with the enemy main force. In that situation, I usually warn my flank to "hit and run" and they're very happy to oblige, save some that can't read english, oblivious, gungho, or very unfortunate stuck between islands. Watch the mini-map, especially your team BBs' bearing.

I had a losing streaks a week before the latest patch, and burnt out so I went hiatus (it was during the special BB training). Then I returned for Dasha's Head Start and had winning streaks in a lot of good and satisfying matches. RNGesus works in very mysterious ways.

Worrying about win rate will saps away the fun. It's a random match game that depends on which team RNGesus smiled upon, play better or derp harder.

Sign in to follow this