Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

New weather effect, no thanks

47 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Just had my first match, standard map, which involved the new weather effects and would kindly like them removed, especially considering the bad weather and lack of visibility was only over our cap zone which enabled almost the entire enemy team having the ability of surging into our area practically undetected and although you know they're coming you are unable to get a true line of sight in order to shoot.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

The 'bad weather' only applies to the 'North' map.

The 'standard' maps have a visible weather effect, but it only has an aesthetic effect on gameplay.

Cyclones discourage camping and allows an entire team to mobilize/break through an otherwise heavily-defended area.

Everyone suffers the same effect- It's only a matter of adapting and using it to one's advantage.

753 posts
8,965 battles

allows an entire team to mobilize/break through an otherwise heavily-defended area.

Exactly my point, why should they get the advantage of a covered approach. Most of the time allowing the enemy to come to you is the most effective way of dealing with the situation yet they get an added advantage of poor visibility on our part allowing them to be almost upon the objective before we can take any decisive action.

Everyone suffers the same effect- It's only a matter of adapting and using it to one's advantage.

Wrong, the weather over their cap was clear and protected by 2 BB's with a clear line of sight to any enemy approaching. I had to fall back in order to try and protect our cap yet when arriving I could not get a clear line of sight, which was reduced by roughly 75%, to fully make use of my guns range.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Most of the time allowing the enemy to come to you is the most effective way of dealing with the situation yet they get an added advantage of poor visibility on our part allowing them to be almost upon the objective before we can take any decisive action.

Cyclones discourage camping

Wrong, the weather over their cap was clear and protected by 2 BB's with a clear line of sight to any enemy approaching.

Everyone experiences the penalty at the same time. If you think it's a bug, send a report.

But if their targets were within <8km, they would clearly be visible. The other possibility is that they have brushed-up their gunnery from learning to shoot at DDs stealth-firing in smoke.

1,126 posts

I play north map and met with cyclone once (effect that reduce visibility to 8 km)

I'd say that is pretty tense match, all enemy suddenly disappear, you 'view cone' shorten to the same range as my fubuki torp (I use 10 km torp + TA so it's 8 km)

I sail to enemy side never know when or where enemy CA would appear, if I let my guard down, I'm dead

it's still work the same,

even in cyclone, if some enemy close enough to spot you, BB form 20km away will also spot you.

this weather effect is good if it restrict for certain map, but not good if it apply randomly to every map.

I hope in future, in 'land of fire' map would have volcano erupted effect that randomly spit lava to the sea, hit player ship and cause a small fire burn.

that would be one hell of a match...  lol

Edited by PGM991

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Wrong, the weather over their cap was clear and protected by 2 BB's with a clear line of sight to any enemy approaching. I had to fall back in order to try and protect our cap yet when arriving I could not get a clear line of sight, which was reduced by roughly 75%, to fully make use of my guns range.

You wouldn't have the replay of that match handy would you? I'm pretty sure the weather affects the entire map and not just random patches.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Depends.

I saw someone say that the EU and NA servers like to play in a risky way whilst the SEA server's full of skirmishers who wouldn't advance unless there's more than 4 ships in front of them.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Depends.

I saw someone say that the EU and NA servers like to play in a risky way whilst the SEA server's full of skirmishers who wouldn't advance unless there's more than 4 ships in front of them.

Yep, from what I've seen and heard the NA server on avarge plays a lot more aggressive than what the SEA does. That's why (I think) ichase, notser, and flamu are able to record so many good games (also including that they are excellent players), It would be a little bit harder to record a good match when over 2/3 of your matches both teams want to skirt around at their max firing range and never engage the enemy.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

It would be a little bit harder to record a good match when over 2/3 of your matches both teams want to skirt around at their max firing range and never engage the enemy.

well its not that hard...

how?

1. play DD

2. get spotted

3. turn WoWs into Touhou~

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

how?

1. play DD

2. get spotted

Basically what happens whenever I play any of my DDs. Bonus points when trying to fight/run from an Atlanta or Gearing with BFT and AFT.
Edited by Stein_Grenadier

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yep, from what I've seen and heard the NA server on avarge plays a lot more aggressive than what the SEA does. That's why (I think) ichase, notser, and flamu are able to record so many good games (also including that they are excellent players), It would be a little bit harder to record a good match when over 2/3 of your matches both teams want to skirt around at their max firing range and never engage the enemy.

Nah. Streamers tend to only pick and record the best matches, which generally tends to be matches that aren't camping snipefests. The sniping issue at high tiers is as much a problem in NA and EU as it is in Asia.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Rather than ranting (or whining, whatever you want to call it), how about you

a) learn or adapt how to play with the restrictions that the cyclone places;

b) accept the fact that you probably didn't have the best of teams (as is sometimes the case, shock horror!); 

c) accept the fact that everyone (aka the majority of players) wanted weather effects, so I don't think it will be going away anytime soon; and

d) realise this post is useless because points a, b and c, mitigate the reasoning behind your post.

Now if it was actually a bug which made the squall appear over just your cap that's just bad luck, but just report it, no need to jump up and down and ask for the entire weather system to be removed. The patch notes clearly stated that the cyclone conditions will affect the entire map. So by using some common sense, it should have made you aware that since it's just over your cap it would have to be a bug.

Edited by ADM_dude

783 posts
4,826 battles

Cyclone affects the whole map so I don't get what you are saying. Otherwise, the weather is just as aesthetic as everyone said.

Also, the "advantages" you claim the enemy had because of it is easily your "advantage" as well.

216 posts
2,239 battles

+1 ADM_dude

Cyclone affects the whole map so I don't get what you are saying. Otherwise, the weather is just as aesthetic as everyone said.
Also, the "advantages" you claim the enemy had because of it is easily your "advantage" as well.

Not when he's most likely sitting so far back on his own side that he can't even spot his own cap within 8km. How dare the game deny him the chance to kite and snipe.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

how?

1. play DD

2. get spotted

sorry man, only play lunatic with DD

Need small hitbox for that matter

and yes, is the 1 million worth module (what it is again?) able to increase the view range? in the cyclone?

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

Just had my first match, standard map, which involved the new weather effects and would kindly like them removed, especially considering the bad weather and lack of visibility was only over our cap zone which enabled almost the entire enemy team having the ability of surging into our area practically undetected and although you know they're coming you are unable to get a true line of sight in order to shoot.

the bad weather affects the entire map not just the enemy team or you. They just took advantage of it and YOU didn't. Get into the damn cap circle next time or within 8km and then you can spot them.

Weather effects like this were designed to stop this absolutely horrendous meta of sniping at maximum range, with the North map being a severe problem of a map because that map is just TOO DEFENSIVE. The only time people advance on that map is when one side is idiotic and has lost a few ships to leave a flank open. But if this doesn't happen the whole game on the map just turns into a boring snipe fest for 20minutes.

so next time stop being a scrub, and actually advance closer to where the enemies are and maybe, JUST MAYBE you'll spot them. Its only an 8km vision range penalty. It is absolutely great for performing the best ambushes.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

weather effects: forces players to adopt and plan a new strategy. easiest way is to create a formation while sailing or defending a key entries. best way is to help each other scouting, when an enemy seen, quickly gather to your fleet and attack that ship while other enemy ships has not yet spotted your team. in a nutshell cqc using your team numbers. works every time XD

as an aggressive bb player, i like most that moment when an enemy ship spot us sailing in numbers and panic

W4ByQZG.gif

580 posts
1,587 battles

I don't think that the weather mechanice affects a certain area of the map... Once it "rains", it pours and it pours down heavily on everyone...

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Rather than ranting, how about you

a) learn or adapt how to play with the restrictions that the cyclone places;

b) accept the fact that you probably didn't have the best of teams (as is sometimes the case, shock horror!); 

c) accept the fact that everyone (aka the majority of players) wanted weather effects, so I don't think it will be going away anytime soon; and

d) realise this post is useless because points a, b and c, mitigate the reasoning behind your post.

Now if it was actually a bug which made the squall appear over just your cap that's just bad luck, but just report it, no need to jump up and down and ask for the entire weather system to be removed. The patch notes clearly stated that the cyclone conditions will affect the entire map. So by using some common sense, it should have made you aware that since it's just over your cap it would have to be a bug.

What's funny on OP's whine, not rant.

He just had 1 battle with the new weather change feature, and OP wanted it removed. How terrible....™

Super Tester
2,314 posts
7,096 battles

Did a battle on North map in Hiryuu yesterday expecting a cyclone but alas... MM blessed us with fair weather...

*annoyed*

Watashi no pairotto ga karera no ai no uta utatte saikuron de tobitaidesu...

(My pilots want to fly through the cyclone singing their love song...)

4ngfehT.jpg

Non-english. User warned.

~amade

Edited by Velvet_Scarlantina

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Seriously, I fail to see how anyone can find the high tiers exciting and fun, never have I encountered a more mundane, boring and brain numbing experience.

Original thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/14377-id-rather-play-chess-than-tier-7-and-higher/page__st__0#topmost

Upon the release of dynamic weather effect on North Map to promote aggressive playstyle:

bad weather and lack of visibility was only over our cap zone which enabled almost the entire enemy team having the ability of surging into our area practically undetected and although you know they're coming you are unable to get a true line of sight in order to shoot.

13mcyf_zpshmctfo52.jpg

216 posts
2,239 battles

Original thread: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/14377-id-rather-play-chess-than-tier-7-and-higher/page__st__0#topmost

Upon the release of dynamic weather effect on North Map to promote aggressive playstyle:

13mcyf_zpshmctfo52.jpg

VX6uqFF.jpg

That is a well deserved +1 if I ever saw one.

Edited by Ryzil

331 posts
17,093 battles

well I want weather to be on all the maps kiting is endemic not just on north but all the maps. I have no problem with with it.  Good for sneaking up to a CA and then sinking them in 1 or 2 salvos:trollface:

Edited by Moganite

Sign in to follow this