Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mttspiii

WoWS Voice-Activated Version?

WoWS Voice-Activated  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think a voice-activated version of WoWS would be nice?

2. 2. Assuming WG can't implement it because they're working on the game, is it possible to make a mod of this?

• Sure, why not
    • Hell no
    • Prolly
    • I'll make it and distribute it for free for the common good!
    • I'll make it and make you pay for it for MY common good!

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
66 posts
21 battles

Just saw this thread.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2386-be-a-captain-command-ship-and-crew-using-voice/

It details voice command for a naval sim. It's based on voice command space sims, but has been recently config-ed for naval sims.

(Here's the twist: to preserve historical realism, the voice commands should be in the main language of the ships i.e. your beloved Yamato only responds to commands shouted in Japanese)

Beta Tester
36 posts
368 battles

I already have this installed for WoT. It's called the Backseat Tanking Mod and requires an external hardware called a younger brother.

Nailed it. :trollface:

I do that too.  

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,971 battles

Xbox Kinect, is made by a company that has a tonne of money and they have poured tonnes of money into the Kinect and it still doesn't work all too well with voice commands.  So I don't see how WG could make something like this work for

Russian, English, Japanese, American, Australian, Malayan, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese etc etc etc dialects.  As cool and fun as it would be to sit back and play captain it's not going to happen anytime soon I don't think.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,563 posts

you could do it, except the voice commands would need to replace the device controllers.

Example: Replace certain keyboard commands using voice recognition software to duplicate the controls. there is software around that is used by those who are paraplegics to allow them to use computers. The software is mated to their speech patterns, allowing them to say commands/actions/type etc. 

Although it would be interesting to do,  most people probably do not have the computer systems big enough to run it (remember you need to have WoWs and the speech program running at the same time, along with the extra drivers etc)

Sign in to follow this