Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaikoTaiko

Question for BB captains

9 comments in this topic

178 posts
2,306 battles

Hello, I have some questions for experienced BB captains. The questions are as follows:

1. Are secondary builds practical? (IJN BBs)

2. Are concealment builds practical? (BBs in general)

Thanks in advance.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

My answer

1. Only for Nagato, Izumo and Yamato, the secondaries for US BB in general are completely ineffective, except for AA.

2. From what i heard, its quite effective on both Tirpitz (if u actually own 1) and tier8+ US BB to surprise cruisers.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

My answer

1. Only for Nagato, Izumo and Yamato, the secondaries for US BB in general are completely ineffective, except for AA.

2. From what i heard, its quite effective on both Tirpitz (if u actually own 1) and tier8+ US BB to surprise cruisers.

*Add about number 2 did try re-skill Montana to concealment, quite good can get close and kill Cruisers quite easy (if no CV lol) but prefer AA so re-skill back to AA spec, bye bye gold

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

1. i think secondary build are for late game bb like izumo and yamato

2. concealment are very important to any type of ships. you don't want yourself in the corsairs of the enemy all the time.

for battleship concealment provide additional option like ambushing unsuspecting enemy like cruisers, wait for them to show their broadside then release full salvo of ap against expose belly.

it also provide retreating option if you are caught in an engagement unfavored to you.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

i'd say concealment all the way, for BBs, especially USN BBs and derpitz, every mile that you get closer to the enemy means a ton of more damage, and i'm not so sure now but it seems my izumos' secs breaks pretty easily under HE shelling and the same apply for yamato, and they are mostly the victims of HE spam, so after 5 minuets, you wont have much secs left, not to mention it's quite rare for any BBs to actually get close enough to use their secs effectively 

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,418 battles

Talking about practical, I don't think any Tier 5 captain skills can benefit that much than other lower tier skills.

You can have

Situation Awareness +  BFT + Basic Survivability

Expert Marksman + Fire Prevention

High Alert + Superintendent

AFT

or drop some skills like BFT and FP for Vigilance.

Tirpiz can receive a normal-cruiser-grade concealment rating with Concealment Expert and other concealment items.

451 posts
6,946 battles

1) 2 builds are practical. One geared for pubs, one geared for organised teamplay.

2) yes, especially Nagato, Amagi and Yamato

On the usa side it's nearly compulsory in randoms on all bb tier 5 through 10.

For the tirpitz it's optional.

Warspite really needs it.

Edited by Kleiss

Sign in to follow this