Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kaminari1

Fletcher Max Range lower than tooltip and port.

3 comments in this topic

133 posts

Issue:   Fletcher Max Range is lower than what it shows in port.

Screenshots: http://puu.sh/oD3jp/8355d88871.jpg
Ship: Fletcher
Map: Shatter(2)/Tears of the desert(1)/Hotspot(2)/Two Brothers(1)
Occurrences:  100%
Tested: Yes.
Severity: Minor
Details:  Fletcher Max Range in port is 18km. Ingame tooltip says 18km however, when aiming down max range in all directions, the max range I can get is up to 16.3km.
Do note that I don't plan on max range showdowns, this is also an Atlanta captain until I get cmdr level 15 :)

Edited by Kaminari1

133 posts

Just did some math and figured out that your max firing range is limited by your total view range minus 2.5km

Fletcher max range 18km

Fletcher view range 18.7km

Fletcher range 16.2km

18.7 - 2.5 = 16.2

Either this is intentional or its bugged and the max view range needs to be upped to 20.5km.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I think it is a glitch with the sight system, but if you want to shoot at 18km you can zoom out a bit and target (that is extremely difficult as one pixel is like 1km) I think it might work if you put on the targeting modification, but you shouldn't have to scarifice the detection upgrade just so your guns can fire at max range

Quick question, how long does the shell take to even fly to 16.5km? at 18km I think you wont hit anything but slow moving BB or stationary targets...

The fact that a Fletcher with upgrades can out range my Baltimore is kinda annoying tho lol

Sign in to follow this