YourTarget

Can Wargaming stop with anime? (No Serious Here)

22 comments in this topic

21 posts
566 battles

According to Wargaming that is overwhelming on putting anime series into the game.  I just want a game that can let players turn off any ships fancy skin (Not camo, just fancy skin) I'm bored to see them in the game now. All I just wanted to play is just a game that I can see plain steel ships killing off each others, that's all. Oh and, lastly, please remove all mods from the game and that will be fair for everyone since Wargaming is seeking balance. So much cheaters (or otherwise they called themselves 'Smart people who afford some comfort') here. (I did not mention that anime fans like some mod so much at all.)

Now, I've my reason, let's see your reason. :look:

vgsf6X6.jpg?1

Remember, I just want a it to be turn-off able. That's my main request.

Thank you for reading. I know some mod that can entertain. Please talk with consciousness.

Edited by YourTarget

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

According to Wargaming that is overwhelming on putting anime series into the game.  I just want a game that can let players turn off any ships fancy skin (Not camo, just fancy skin) I'm bored to see them in the game now. All I just wanted to play is just a game that I can see plain steel ships killing off each others, that's all. Oh and, lastly, please remove all mods from the game and that will be fair for everyone since Wargaming is seeking balance. So much cheaters (or otherwise they called themselves 'Smart people who afford some comfort') here. (I did not mention that anime fans like some mod so much at all.)

vgsf6X6.jpg?1

Thank you for reading. I know some mod that can entertain. Please talk with consciousness.

All hands brace for anime ranting inbound!:red_button:

7 posts

vgsf6X6.jpg?1

Pro tip. Use any port but Yokosuka, and you won't see any ARP skins...

21 posts
566 battles

Just give me that switch button to turn off the sci-fi mode then I'm satisfied. Don't wan't to talk much with 'that kind' of people here..

It would be good if that switch came. It will split the game into two-worlds. A world we don't see each others. :)

Edited by YourTarget

7 posts

Right, the switch is the Yokosuka port. Have the Yokosuka port active, it "turns on" the ARP mode since said Yokasuka port in game is from the anime (this is the non-descript toggle WG chose to implement). Use Philippines, Ocean, and New York and you won't see any ARP skins. 

21 posts
566 battles

Right, the switch is the Yokosuka port. Have the Yokosuka port active, it "turns on" the ARP mode since said Yokasuka port in game is from the anime (this is the non-descript toggle WG chose to implement). Use Philippines, Ocean, and New York and you won't see any ARP skins. 

Thanks! very appreciate!

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Just give me that switch button to turn off the sci-fi mode then I'm satisfied. Don't wan't to talk much with 'that kind' of people here..

It would be good if that switch came. It will split the game into two-worlds. A world we don't see each others. :)

Firstly WoWS isn't just a World war II game since it much related with Kancolle and ARP so if you are simply not satisfied or happy on it you are feel free to go.:look:

[Also your ranting in here will not make a good reasons for WG to remove this or any such related mods unless it aimbot mods or any other sort of cheating mods for mods such as skins mod those are not unfairs and please use logic thx.]

Edited by davud1537

168 posts
5,670 battles

Firstly WoWS isn't just a World war II game 

Thats true, it's targeted at the historical period from about 1900 to 1950 which ARP certainly does NOT fall into.

It's an aberration.

Sure you can turn off the graphics but it's the endless stream of ARP missions which coincidentally had a significant negative impact on MM that irked me the most.

On the other hand since the devs have chosen to bring out two whole Russian lines before a single RN line, I guess you're right it really is just a fantasy game after all.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

God.. cant really believed that this game is turning into a Sci-fi game.

hahaha wg liks to do that since beta

april fools event from closed beta

since it's wg's marketing strat to gain more players, theres nothing we can do except use any port instead of yokosuka to make arp ships normal since that port is from anime. ARP is good enough for me except mods with kancolle picture skins on their ship makes me uncomfortable if they will put it in game. but everyone gotta admit that ARP rewards are good XD 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Marketing.

You'd be appeasing to more than one group by endorsing your product with another popular product. Package the two together and it's a win-win for both companies.

As for the whole WW2-simulator shindig...

WG games are not simulators like War Thunder. They are arcade games by default and actively take measures to balance(Sarcastic, maybe...) ships without strictly adhering to historical facts and numerical values. Proof of this point are WG's April Fool's events ranging from UFOs, to Bathtub Toys, to Pixel-style games.

Of course, you can always turn off the Arpeggio content via switching out of the Yokosuka Port. Arpeggio ships would essentially be shown as a fully-upgraded in-game ship based on ship class. Arp Haguros would be Myoko-class CAs, Kirishimas are Kongo-class BBs, etc.

As for modding... This is also a part of the arcade-like nature of WG games. You can improve user-handling by literally letting the UI work for you- Though, of course, they're optional. They're also not game-breaking because most the elements used in the UI are usually already provided in-game. Examples of this includes mods that display the maximum firing range of a fully-upgraded ship next to the player's nameplate- Saves on remembering every tiny detail. Of course, some mods give a literal advantage over vanilla games such as the 'See smoke circle' mod, however, I recall the developer of the mod (A WG employee) intended to make modifications to it to make it useful, but not overly-advantageous.

In short, in regards to your desire to remove the anime content and the mods: "No."

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Marketing.

You'd be appeasing to more than one group by endorsing your product with another popular product. Package the two together and it's a win-win for both companies.

As for the whole WW2-simulator shindig...

WG games are not simulators like War Thunder. They are arcade games by default and actively take measures to balance(Sarcastic, maybe...) ships without strictly adhering to historical facts and numerical values. Proof of this point are WG's April Fool's events ranging from UFOs, to Bathtub Toys, to Pixel-style games.

Of course, you can always turn off the Arpeggio content via switching out of the Yokosuka Port. Arpeggio ships would essentially be shown as a fully-upgraded in-game ship based on ship class. Arp Haguros would be Myoko-class CAs, Kirishimas are Kongo-class BBs, etc.

As for modding... This is also a part of the arcade-like nature of WG games. You can improve user-handling by literally letting the UI work for you- Though, of course, they're optional. They're also not game-breaking because most the elements used in the UI are usually already provided in-game. Examples of this includes mods that display the maximum firing range of a fully-upgraded ship next to the player's nameplate- Saves on remembering every tiny detail. Of course, some mods give a literal advantage over vanilla games such as the 'See smoke circle' mod, however, I recall the developer of the mod (A WG employee) intended to make modifications to it to make it useful, but not overly-advantageous.

In short, in regards to your desire to remove the anime content and the mods: "No."

WG and War Thunder dev = Russians but just different company though.:trollface:

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Because they're mutually beneficial for both companies.. Advertisement for ARK Perfomance (the makers of Aoki Hagane title) and more WoWs players for WG..

If you're a marketing guy you'd probably do the same, even if you're allergic to cartoons..

There are two other anime titles that shares some similarity with WoWs..

One of them actually started as a game, a WW2 boat collecting simulator, and it had almost the entire IJN fleet..

I think it may interest you huehuehue

And the best thing is they didn't clash with each other fandom.. Free advertising ftw

Remember, I just want a it to be turn-off able. That's my main request.

*Sigh*

What's next? Are you gonna complain why there are anime stuff in your hard drive?

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

as far as i remember, mod skin only shows to the player and not to the others, 

and ARP Ships can be turn back into normal IJN Ships by using other port except Yosokusa like the other member state above...

so i believe your problem with this anime skins is solved right?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,122 battles

The game is a game based on ships.  It was that way in Alpha, Beta and entering into open.  it was never structured around anime.  That's why spamming "Poi would earn you a chat ban. The communities demographics are the reason for the push for it.  Its a genre that has no middle ground and some people love it and some people hate it.  Us that don't want it would rather this just be about the ships and not the little girls.   That's obviously not going to change, but is seems more people seem to be raising the subject so is that an indication that it is encroaching too much in the game? 

Everywhere you look its little girls.   Forums, sigs, avatars, threads, comments ad nauseum.   WG has to market to ALL of it customers, not just a niche in the market.   The GUP rubbish didn't take off too strongly in tanks and was restricted in certain threads.  Its restricted to certain threads in wotlabs.  You weaboos can get all burning torch and pitchfork on me, but I will never change my stance on it.   I accept that its here so I expect that the proponents of it accept that some people don't have to like it