Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

how to izumo

29 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

sooooo, i just decided to buy the izumo after a year of leaving her sitting in the tech tree, and i must say i'm not impressed with her. not one bit, she seems to have worse dispersion then amagi, a big fat hull(BBQ grill deck) and the 3rd turret is unusable 

so my question is, how to izumo? should i use it's range to hang back and provide fire cover(4-5miles frome the front line), or should i be the first one to charge in and use my fast reload to do more damage at close range?

i welcome imput

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

yeah, it's side seems to be bloody made of paper, i have citadeled the damn thing with a atago from 13km away, didnt know that was even possible before:teethhappy: 

507 posts
9,828 battles

Now that it has the better Type 91 shells with the stock Hull and the 25 kms range it is better than before.

It was the toughest ship on my road to the Yamato but after the B hull it got better, not that you have that problem now.

You have to be Bow on at all times. If you get caught in a turn then your'e most likely screwed so time your turns well. Its almost impenetrable when bow on except by a yamato of course. 

And it has pretty Good guns so keep the distance and stay a little angled or get to the medium-ish ranges and stay bow on..

Edited by petee

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

DO NOT EVER SHOW YOUR BROADSIDE

that ship is strong but has some weaknesses

the ship force you stay in certain direction 

Turn back is not an option in combat on this ship

enemy will do anything to make you show your broad side, including torp, HE spam, Smoke (yep, you don't wanna go there, do you?)

no rear gun, must angle to shoot behind

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

What happens when you don't listen to advice...... :trollface:

(Double strike, Close Quarter Expert and Confederate medals)

shot-16.04.29_23.43.36-0246_zpsqricdofe.

shot-16.04.29_23.44.12-0581_zpsqqkcla8o.

shot-16.04.29_23.44.22-0135_zpse6tsctem.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

see!

if you didn't follow the advice

that Nagato will be the one with the most exp

:trollface:

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

sooooo, i just decided to buy the izumo after a year of leaving her sitting in the tech tree, and i must say i'm not impressed with her. not one bit, she seems to have worse dispersion then amagi, a big fat hull(BBQ grill deck) and the 3rd turret is unusable 

so my question is, how to izumo? should i use it's range to hang back and provide fire cover(4-5miles frome the front line), or should i be the first one to charge in and use my fast reload to do more damage at close range?

i welcome imput

Just unlocked Yamato, Had some games with IZUMO, i tell u its difficult ship to master especially after AMAGI. IZumu just feels,Well......Incomplete.In the initial games with IZUMO i suffered massively,RNG screwed me Over to that the shells just wont pen, Once i upgraded it it becomes ....Doable. however, Latest upgrade enables u to get The best shells in stock config, so not a issue now. 

Based on my limited experience with IZUMO,watching some youtube videos and reading some forum posts,This is what i conclude.

1) It got beastly Armour ,No one can pen it frontally except yamato ,USe it keep the 3rd Gun for Surprise uses. and use the Armour 

2) Rushing ahead is not a good option ,Neither is staying back ,support the CA of your team ,stay with Them ,U will be fine. 

3) any CA vs IZumo.......Now thats a fight u r goona mostly loose, Of all the games ive played My IZUMO will get ripped to shreds by HE fire from any CA ,SO if u see 2 or 3 CA against u ,MEntain distance n engage. 

4) UR ship is like a Ice cream brick ,U show ur broadsides to any BB ? GEt ready to Feel at least 2-3 citadels loosing 50% of ur HP, Always remain angled. 

Most importantly  Be a good team player,U have a  Ship that needs team support to engage ,Say with team, keep those points in mind,U l do just fine with the ship. 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I've also just gotten the Izumo and have played 8 games in it. What do I think of it? It's freaking amazing. And it's still stock. Mobile, accurate and hard hitting gun with small dispersion, it just feels like a better Amagi. The faster shell velocity makes it easier to hit your shots. Only thing is you need to really think of your positioning relative to the enemy.

As others have pointed out, never show your broadside. It's paper thin. Always point your front towards the enemy. 1 tip that I have made it work. If you go are sailing towards a whole bunch of BBs and you are getting too close.for comfort...just stop and reverse. Never turn away and show. Your broadside. Use the great front armor. Haha...works wonders.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

really? good dispersion? i got the C hull and FCS and the dispersion is still like shit, i frigging missed a fully broadsided cleve at 11km, and i was perfectly lined up on him

though TBH it might just be RNG screwing my life over again

#RNGesus says no!

Edited by drakon233

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

I've had 6 games in mine, the last 2 were pearlers. 4 kills, 2 of those in the cap circle defending against 4 enemies. Iowa, Atago, Fubuki and a Mutsuki. Won the game by killing 2 of them and holding the cap while the rest of the team capped out. Intense game indeed.

Edited by Obi1Killnoobi

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

(Double strike, Close Quarter Expert and Confederate medals)

shot-16.04.29_23.43.36-0246_zpsqricdofe.

shot-16.04.29_23.44.12-0581_zpsqqkcla8o.

shot-16.04.29_23.44.22-0135_zpse6tsctem.

see!

if you didn't follow the advice

that Nagato will be the one with the most exp

:trollface:

Surprisingly that guy love da Izumo :D

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

Always point your front towards the enemy. 1 tip that I have made it work. If you go are sailing towards a whole bunch of BBs and you are getting too close.for comfort...just stop and reverse. Never turn away and show. Your broadside. Use the great front armor. Haha...works wonders.

Oh yeah the reversing tactic. That is some lame  maneuvering,Apologies but thats just bad advice. Playing T9 BB  means u r goona probably geta T10 BB CA or a DD in opposite team . Now  u might not know but its so easy to Get hits on a Reversing BB ,If u bounce just spam HE ,Not to mention its a Free kill for a DD . 

i Saw a Yamato doing that ,By the time he Decided to rush up and turn away he was at 3000 ish HP from 90K. everybody just loves to shoot ata standing target(Reversing is almost same) .

This tactic is quite famous with Kutzov players.They just smoke and reverse away. I always manage to get decent hits on such players. ANd i am a Noob believe me,Imagine what a skilled player would do . 

BEs cource of action will be to get shot at ,Count the reload time and turn up ,U probably might get citadel'd  may even loose 50% of your HP but u will Run away  ,survive and even still shooting be helpful for ur team even when u are on 10% HP>  

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Oh yeah the reversing tactic. That is some lame  maneuvering,Apologies but thats just bad advice. Playing T9 BB  means u r goona probably geta T10 BB CA or a DD in opposite team . Now  u might not know but its so easy to Get hits on a Reversing BB ,If u bounce just spam HE ,Not to mention its a Free kill for a DD . 

i Saw a Yamato doing that ,By the time he Decided to rush up and turn away he was at 3000 ish HP from 90K. everybody just loves to shoot ata standing target(Reversing is almost same) .

This tactic is quite famous with Kutzov players.They just smoke and reverse away. I always manage to get decent hits on such players. ANd i am a Noob believe me,Imagine what a skilled player would do . 

BEs cource of action will be to get shot at ,Count the reload time and turn up ,U probably might get citadel'd  may even loose 50% of your HP but u will Run away  ,survive and even still shooting be helpful for ur team even when u are on 10% HP>  

Of course if there were CAs or DDs around, you need to turn back and retreat. Notice I mentioned if you were facing BBs?

If so, then its a viable option. I made it work a couple of times....maybe it takes skill. I wouldn't want every tomato doing the same thing....oh wait...

Only reason I'm advocating doing this is to avoid showing your soft broadside.

Now yamato reversing is just plain wrong. 

Edit : I just had the perfect replay that illustrates this perfectly...Will upload to youtube soon :)

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

783 posts
4,826 battles

Of course if there were CAs or DDs around, you need to turn back and retreat. Notice I mentioned if you were facing BBs?

If so, then its a viable option. I made it work a couple of times....maybe it takes skill. I wouldn't want every tomato doing the same thing....oh wait...

Edit : I just had the perfect replay that illustrates this perfectly...Will upload to youtube soon :)

Not to mention Izumo's aft is really soft too.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

so i dived with hero and renagade last night and i must say, dispersion is still just as shitty as ever, bloody atago sails in a straight line like 11km away from me, if i was in my derpitz or amagi, i could have nailed him, but the izumo's shells just flopped into the water all around the ship WTF, and full volly at a hatsuharu that popped up 5km away that was showing his full belly, full volly, not one hit. 

dose having a USN BB playstyle mean that this ship also has USN dispersion? or is there a magical method of getting your shells to hit? because for the first time in all my 5000 matches i'm considering using a deep sea treasure to skip this turd pile

783 posts
4,826 battles

so i dived with hero and renagade last night and i must say, dispersion is still just as shitty as ever, bloody atago sails in a straight line like 11km away from me, if i was in my derpitz or amagi, i could have nailed him, but the izumo's shells just flopped into the water all around the ship WTF, and full volly at a hatsuharu that popped up 5km away that was showing his full belly, full volly, not one hit. 

dose having a USN BB playstyle mean that this ship also has USN dispersion? or is there a magical method of getting your shells to hit? because for the first time in all my 5000 matches i'm considering using a deep sea treasure to skip this turd pile

You could try going "Fleet Leader" and leading on your strong flank. Being an Izumo, I just know the enemy will target you first so that makes pushing better. Problem with that is you have to rely on teammate support much more than you would in an Amagi or Tirpitz. (Another problem of course is if your strong flank goes to a side of the map that doesn't even have the objective ala lemming train). It also may not be the best as it hampers your own personal damage capabilities as you need to go forward more defensively.

There's also the option of going rambo with full secondaries build that reach ~10km. I've seen such builds succeed and fail so it really is up to you.

All in all, I just hope that RNG just wasn't with you in that match and it'll get better.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Dispersion feels better than Amagi. Or could it be just RNG smiling on me?

IDK but i think WG ninja buffed Izumo. My last 30 games on it I averaged 6 citadels and 90k damage and I was enjoying it so much for the first time in 100+ games I had hard time selling it to buy yamato, but it's just probably RNG being good to her last few games.

I've played Izumo the most compared to other battleship so I can confirm reversing is better than turning arround and showing your huge, fat and flat broadsides that guarantees a citadel hit from any BB.

Of course, you don't simply reverse "sheep style". You got to stop reverse and move forward a little bit sometimes to throw off torpedo shots. you should also turn left and right.

No it doesn't. Izumo got good dispersion. I also suggest playing izumo at least 50 games because it's a good training for yamato. Mastering izumo would means you also mastered yamato style gameplay, but now with overall better guns and further range.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

This is how to reverse...till my 2 turrets destroyed....but in the end, i survived the onslaught of a North Carolina and an Amagi.

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

Facing only BB seems a Hypothetical situation ,Nonetheless If that situation arises It might work .

Now i am nobody to question anyone's play style in game ,I simply dont have any right at all .But This reversing thing i Never understood. 

I tried myself ,Going up n Down Changing speeds ,Yeah i landed some great shots ,Must be the reduced speed ,The shell Grouping seems very concentrated,But I dint Contributed anything to the team .

Now i have been playing online games for some times ,mostly FPS Multiplayer shooting(BF series) ,  I have always believed in the concept of Skill ,Put a sniper rifle or M16 in my hand and see me rolling. But this game ........Its different. 

From my understanding A single person's skill is not a contributing factor in this game,Yeah it might put the outcome slightly in your teams favour's or thier's But its not decisive. 

That Being said, A BB is supposed to Ride behind CA ,Shoot the Shit outta everything that moves , A BB fire on a flank of map and u will see enemy CA turning over,COz despite the arguments and everything,No one simply wanna get shot upon in game ...ITS THE ULTIMATE TRUTH! 

Now ive seen players Sitting at base reversing their BB ,While their TEam just after another mountain getting slaughtered while they simply Sit n snipe. 

YEah they might get 2-3 Kills or if not kills tons of damage ,But on what Cost ? Half of your team is eliminated on a flank while u r sitting. 

The reason i am so stuck up on this fact becoz ive simply seen the sheer and utter uselessness of such maneuvers in the game,that resulted in Defeat of team.

U may do it, Few more may do it ,But Not everyone, COz once players start sitting and getting Hits they simply stop caring about checking the map or their team,COz believe me it feels so good to get hits in a BB u simply wont even pay attention.  

I have wandered so much off topic here ,But it seems Waste to delete it , Apologies  for the frustration !!  -_- 

I just wanna say that despite the play style ,I just want players to be a team player, And in my experience on this game  most of the players ive seen playing like this  are either campers or  chicken runners contributing nothing to team while Others die to protect each other. 

Its a good maneuver ,If u know how to use it ,Most importantly when to use it and when not, while being still effective in team ! 

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

I have never advocate sitting at the base reversing. If you have read my other post about BB play...you will know that I am an aggressive BB player. See my YouTube videos, then you will know.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,569 battles

i am a team player and ALWAYS push for my CA teammates, unless i'm less then 15% Hp or in a situation where i simply have no other option but to stop (3 zao HE spam/shimakaze torp sea, Yamato cramming it's 460 up my arse), which is how i play all my other BBs up till now, but for some reason, i always turn into either a floating torp practice target or BBQ grill, which i know is normal. my beef with this ship is just how hard it is to land hits and how often it does no damage... heck, i have better accuracy on my bloody derpitz and that thing is a damn shot gun

Beta Tester
42 posts
4,972 battles

I have never advocate sitting at the base reversing. If you have read my other post about BB play...you will know that I am an aggressive BB player. See my YouTube videos, then you will know.

I am not accusing u  of being a camper dude,u got nothing to prove to me I am simply telling you what will be the outcome of such maneuvers, DOsent matter weather You me or some other guys push or play aggressively,........In the End they all will just sit at base reversing their BB and just sniping while their teammates die.This is the inevitable Truth !! DOnt we all know it ?  

People are lazy, People are selfish ,EVeryone puts themselves up first before others ,Its the Human nature, cant blame actually as i do the same. 

Reason i raised this little debacle is i thought maybe some  players will come here read some of the stuff and actually start doing something useful. 

The current game status on asian servers has deteriorated to such an extent that "Even the BOTS in co-op battles play better than those on Random games." 

Its not about kills or damage ,Its about winning that can only be achieved by team play . 

U try to give some tips n tricks to the community Like reversing the BB or other stuff....People will always use that stuff according to them that will keep them out of Harms way and be fruitful at same time.    Thats the point i was making ! 

Edited by RANGBAZZ

Sign in to follow this