Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
YourTarget

HMS Thonburi is coming to World of Warships

19 comments in this topic

21 posts
566 battles

This news was posted on 'Thairath' yesterday. It looks like a rather big news for a people of Thailand. We're very glad that one of our legend naval vessel is joining this game. As said in Thairath

"Wargaming Asia is celebrating 4 years anniversary releases a great news, they're preparing HTMS Thonburi that had participated Battle of Koh Chang into their game World of Warships in line of Japanese Vessel including with a lot of game updates. High-lights of this game is that Mr. Hisashi Yakinuma, producer of World of Warships flied from Japan to tell us the news of the game updates by himself, one of the most interesting update is that HTMS Thonburi, our ship that participated Battle of Koh Chang during The Great East Asia War is entering the game. Thai people was very glad with the news."

p6O9JII.jpg?1

(Credit for image: Cover of book 'When Thonburi fights' by Admiral Jitt Sungkadul)

Here is her historical stats.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/6849-htms-thonburi/

Swenty years ago after her last sail. Thank you Wargaming for returning her to her old glory.

Edit : Changed mistake from HMS to HTMS, fix some wrong words form, and added a picture.

Edited by YourTarget

216 posts
2,239 battles

You mean the "HTMS Thonburi". The 'T' really makes a difference in the name.

Thonburi_Ship-015.jpg

I look forward to a pocket BB, and 203mm guns as well.

Edited by Ryzil

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Wonder how WG gonna implement it.. IJN Premium ? PAN Asia BB  ?

Most likely Pan-Asia.

I mean Ashan & Lo Yang are Soviet-made & American-made ships, respectively in the Pan-Asia tech tree.

359 posts
2,819 battles
http://www.thairath.co.th/content/613295

2. อัพเดตท่าเรือในประเทศเอเชีย ซึ่งในอนาคตอาจจะมีการอัพเดตท่าเรือของประเทศไทยลงในเกมด้วยก็เป็นได้

Update Asia's port. In the future, there's a possibility of adding Thai port.

Most info about the ship is, in my pov, was add by the article writer himself, not from the interview.

it seem the interview take place at wg gathering. Anyone been there?

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Most likely Pan-Asia.

I mean Ashan & Lo Yang are Soviet-made & American-made ships, respectively in the Pan-Asia tech tree.

I see from the spec so far it should be around Tier 2-4 right ?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

If this is legit, probably tier 2. Coastal defense ships are pretty much completely unarmoured, but carrying decent sized guns.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Cool if Thailand gets to represent, then Australia and NZ surely will too?.

Please?!.

Then we can reenact the "Battle of the Pacnet Sea Cable", It will be the HTMS Thonburi's mission to drag up the cable and then what ever ship is set to represent Australia and NZ will sail in and fight.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

A coastal defence ship that's barely faster than the Langley with 203mm guns. Sounds fun. :D

I might have to buy it just for collection since my country men fought in it, some how hope this will be Tier 4 or 5 (most likely not lol) since that the lowest i will actually play :(

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Well at least with 203mm guns it should have a quicker reload right? That should make it a bit more fun. :great:

Yea should be fun little ship and since it really small it will be really hard to hit :popcorn:

21 posts
566 battles

Can you believe she has impressive 203 mm on 2000 tons ship? And I guess she will be premium like other no main vessel ships.

I hope she will be placed around tier I-II because I can say that Mikasa at tier II has all-round better except the speed. So tier II. If luckily, it might just placed in tier I as a occasionally sold ship.

Edited by YourTarget

Sign in to follow this