Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

Is smoke screen less effective since the patch?

10 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

As the title states, I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding it less effective?

I seem to be continually spotted even though in the middle of a smoke screen playing tier 4/5 DD's.

216 posts
2,239 battles

As the title states, I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding it less effective?

I seem to be continually spotted even though in the middle of a smoke screen playing tier 4/5 DD's.

Actually I did notice that an enemy Clemson that was sailing towards me wasn't vanishing and appearing like normal when he popped his smoke, thought it was weird. Maybe there is a delay on the smoked area populating on the map, thus allowing you to sail out of the area of your smoke before it appears... maybe.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Actually I did notice that an enemy Clemson that was sailing towards me wasn't vanishing and appearing like normal when he popped his smoke, thought it was weird. Maybe there is a delay on the smoked area populating on the map, thus allowing you to sail out of the area of your smoke before it appears... maybe.

Yes, a delay does seem a more apt description. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

there was one benson i was that was sitting in smoke when all of a sudden he showed up, the smoke was still there, and no one was spotting him, he just.. showed up

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Nope.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

nope, i played lots of dd match today and smoke works well. you can only spot the dd because he is moving too fast to be covered again by smoke generator. to use smoke more effectively, you need to slowdown your engine.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I've seemed to notice the opposite, DDs disappearing when normally they don't. I'd have them in my sights and about to commence firing~ when poof , they're gone.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,482 battles

Seems normal to me, played quite a few kamikaze matches and I haven't noticed anything different about my smoke.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I've seemed to notice the opposite, DDs disappearing when normally they don't. I'd have them in my sights and about to commence firing~ when poof , they're gone.

sure you didn't just send em to the bottom?

Only change I have noticed is the screen when you are in smoke, you now have a haze when you are in smoke. 

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

you now have a haze when you are in smoke. 

Is that what that is? I thought it was glaucoma developing.

This version 05.5 has got to be the best one yet.    

Sign in to follow this