Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gdub41

Patch size ?

9 comments in this topic

[TOGN]
12 posts
3,978 battles

Hello

I work remote in the pilbara and use mobile internet. 

So before updating WOWS i had 11% used after updating i am now sitting on 91% used !!!! i have used 7.5 gigabytes on this update alone.

I have seen a 3.3/5 gig update then there was heaps of messing around then a 1022mb update started , so for a total of 4.5 gigs i seem to have used 7.5, 

am a bit annoyed as i will paying extra now for a month , i mean 7.5gigs that a whole PC game in size (well an olderish game anyways) but you know what i mean

can they run updates when im home on my unlimited NBN internet ? 

BTW lovin the game :-D

199 posts
6,037 battles

Update 0.5.5's size is 4.8 GB. But WG said the size is 3.5 GB (Lie!).

You can run the update at home, by not opening the client or pausing the download when it already start. WG use torrent, so don't worry about data loss. But for the last 1 GB, don't pause your download, or you will start at 0% again.

Beta Tester
812 posts
2,681 battles

But for the last 1 GB, don't pause your download, or you will start at 0% again.

not really, it will only check the data integrity which starts from 0% then after it checks, it will continue your 1gb download

227 posts
2,651 battles

You can run the update at home, by not opening the client or pausing the download when it already start. WG use torrent, so don't worry about data loss. But for the last 1 GB, don't pause your download, or you will start at 0% again.

because it's the size of first 0.5.5.0 patch for NA, then got the later patch. on SEA server, two patch got combined.

sMCsoiU.png

199 posts
6,037 battles

not really, it will only check the data integrity which starts from 0% then after it checks, it will continue your 1gb download

When I download the last 1 GB (It already download 100 MB) and pause it, when I click the start, it do the integrity check, and the download start at 0%. After that, I decide to abandon the Client and use BitTorrent to download it.

because it's the size of first 0.5.5.0 patch for NA, then got the later patch. on SEA server, two patch got combined.

sMCsoiU.png

I see, no one give any explanation why is there another 1 GB needed. Thanks for the explanation.

156 posts
3,365 battles

Yes. That is true.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

On the last 1GB , might be doing different things to different people.I paused and resumed mine a few times trying to get it to stay at a decent download speed,and it always returned to where it left off.

Agree about the last 1gb not being mentioned,that put one over us! :)

199 posts
6,037 battles

On the last 1GB , might be doing different things to different people.I paused and resumed mine a few times trying to get it to stay at a decent download speed,and it always returned to where it left off.

Agree about the last 1gb not being mentioned,that put one over us! :)

I don't really mind an extra 1 GB, even if they are annoying and make me lost hope on playing. What I don't like is the download is so slow. It took me 12 hours to download it, and I almost miss the x2 event (enjoying it only for total of 5 hours before closed). Major question, why the hell it's so slow? Illegal game downloaded with torrent is more faster than the last GB.

Edited by Delta_Sierra

Sign in to follow this