Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
newt

Glad they buffed the Ishizuchi

14 comments in this topic

5 posts
4,912 battles

But its's still woeful.

They buffed the things that didn't matter and still left the glaring errors, such as:

1. Worst Dispersion of any BB - I know the stats say 177m dispersion but that is at 12.9 km. It is very difficult to get hits and citadels are very rare.

I liken firing the main battery to releasing pigeons. They flee the coop and fly off in any direction.

2. Armor -  they buffed magazines against HE. HE isn't the problem unless there is a game mechanic I don't understand, because any other battleship can hit you no matter what your facing and get citadels.

3. Range - you have to sail into everyone else's sweet spot just to be at maximum range.

4. Matchmaking - At tier 4 you don't get to fight against tier 2 so 90% (statistic plucked from the air but feels right) of your battles are against tier 5 at least. 

This is a bad ship. Why anyone would sail in this thing or even purchase it I dont know. 

216 posts
2,239 battles

I see they still didn't change it's surface concealment value of 16.1km, makes this ship down right painful to play since the ship requires you to get within 12.9km range to hit anything (if you can hit it).

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

I bought her and i regret that i did. I was stupid... Now, what i want is having my money back because that ship is just downright crap. She is the ship can can get shot through the citadel but can't citadel anyone...

451 posts
6,946 battles

Glad i didn't buy it after your testimonies. Maybe i'll just get the atlanta while i wait for the tone and gremy rerelease SoonTM

216 posts
2,239 battles

I bought her and i regret that i did. I was stupid... Now, what i want is having my money back because that ship is just downright crap. She is the ship can can get shot through the citadel but can't citadel anyone...

Why is it that everyone's first reaction to an under powered premium ship is to want their money back (and some even demand it back)? Yes, this ship is broken to the point that it can't even compete in a match of tier 4's, but you, myself and everyone else knows that WG will never refund anyone their money (only refund you have a chance of getting is selling the thing and get the 1/2 amount back), so why not demand WG to fix the ship instead? Unlike where there is no chance of getting a refund, WG could (and has already) buff the ship.

Now I also bought this ship even knowing it was bad, but I'm not going to sell it or demand my money back, I'll hold onto it and maybe WG will finally come around to realizing that this ships is horribly under powered, even for tier 4. And if WG never does buff the ship then I'll accept that lost, not like I haven't made worst investments before in my life.

216 posts
2,239 battles

BAAAM ! 86k worth of damage done, and a Kraken in this floating bucket of FAIL! And in a div of 2 none the less!

PsrUh7H.jpg?1

H8LJqVG.jpg?2

Edited by Ryzil

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Glad i didn't buy it after your testimonies. Maybe i'll just get the atlanta while i wait for the tone and gremy rerelease SoonTM

^This. I jumped on to buy the Warspite after just watching a doco on the naval warfare of WW1.

Perhaps it's fate that it's already removed from shop.

The one bad thing I note about the Atlanta, is when selecting your 4th Captains skill, the devs pigeon hole you into taking the +20% main gun range, and not being able to take the +% chance of fire.

Maybe it's due to Atlantas very small calibre, but fires are reasonably rare, and this 4th skill is painfully needed. I can have 250 hits of HE and only set 3 fires.

Hopefully as they balance out and build the game, we won't have to literally be forced to take a particular skill to *fix a ships short-comings.

If anyone is playing the Atlanta with the 10 km detection range, and the stock 11km gun range, please, let me know how it's working for ya. :fishpalm:

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Why is it that everyone's first reaction to an under powered premium ship is to want their money back (and some even demand it back)? Yes, this ship is broken to the point that it can't even compete in a match of tier 4's, but you, myself and everyone else knows that WG will never refund anyone their money (only refund you have a chance of getting is selling the thing and get the 1/2 amount back), so why not demand WG to fix the ship instead? Unlike where there is no chance of getting a refund, WG could (and has already) buff the ship.

Now I also bought this ship even knowing it was bad, but I'm not going to sell it or demand my money back, I'll hold onto it and maybe WG will finally come around to realizing that this ships is horribly under powered, even for tier 4. And if WG never does buff the ship then I'll accept that lost, not like I haven't made worst investments before in my life.

WG gave a gold refund to the Super Pershing owners when they nerfed it to being embarrassing, then removed it for about a year, then re-introduced it with buffed armour, mobility (turns faster, still turtle slow for a med) but made the gun useless vs 3/4 of tier 8's, so the owners have to shoot some gold ammo. CHA-CHING. Money money money, it's a Serb mans world.

69 posts
8,828 battles

I bought it mainly because of its beautiful camouflage,  so unique no other ships like it. I didnt expect much from it because I saw so many criticism toward it before I got it, but I quite like ishizuchi after I got it even from performance point of view. My biggest concern for the ship though, is not range or dispersion or even armour, but its AA. its so easy to become the target for aircraft carrier both because of its detected range and disaster AA rating, when there are two CVs on the battlefield, I would feel really really pressured. Apart from that, I am fine with ishizuchi, its powerful than myogi, and much faster than wyoming, a typical battlecruiser.

1,480 posts

If the Ishizuchi is buffed, do you think that there will be a chance that they would buff the Mikasa as well? Say decreasing its dispersion? ^^

here here, I second this, I love playing my mikasa, the only gripe I have with it is the dispersion of the main guns, if they fixed that im sure we would see a lot more mikasas around, as it is a very fun ship, & also good looking.

I am glad they buffed the ishi a bit, as I also play her a bit,  & now it is a bit better survival rate, pity about the almost non existant AA, but I suppose for the time period, planes were only a novelty so I can understand.... as one of the other players above said, its really a battlecruiser & should treat it as such.

My main ships: Imperator Nikolai I, Aurora, Bogatyr, Mikasa, New York, Yorck, New Mexico & Tirpitz

Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this