Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
seiji09

0.5.5 Slowed down my loading time! OAO

13 comments in this topic

[SGC]
197 posts
10,267 battles

I'm quite certain I'm in the minority here, but just as the title states, my loading time has actually SLOWED DOWN rather than speeding up as claimed by WG.

Since 0.5.5 I'm always the last one to load in every match, finally entering the action 2-3 minutes AFTER the match has started. It has caused me several problems now, like being unable to reach my planned target destination in time, forcing me to go with the flow instead (I'm the planning type, can't be helped!).

I also want to know if other players are also experiencing this issue, and ultimately, on how to resolve it as well.

Thank you for taking time to read this.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Mine is blazing fast after the update (well i'm using an SSD so there's that)

Have you tried defragging your HDD? The client does a lot of file shuffling during repackaging and that probably mess up the indexing system

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Mine's much slower, the first time it loads a map. Battle timer will be down to about 17:30 - very frustrating. My computer has 16Gb of RAM, so it's fast if I get the same map again (it was fast before this update, though, too). But the initial loading of each map... much worse than before.

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

I think it was on the NA forums there are a few people reporting longer load times to.

As Eurobeat said you could try a defrag and see if that helps.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,479 battles

I Infact kinda have the same issue, I used to load in 45 seconds before the battle started but now I load in 30 seconds before the battle start.. so not too much of an slowdown, I do however have an SSD tho.

That being said if you have a HDD you could try and do a disk defrag and see if that helps.

1,068 posts
3,846 battles

I Infact kinda have the same issue, I used to load in 45 seconds before the battle started but now I load in 30 seconds before the battle start.. so not too much of an slowdown, I do however have an SSD tho.

That being said if you have a HDD you could try and do a disk defrag and see if that helps.

I have HDD,and the few matches I played last night on the NA server seemed to be loading up faster for me.Your case does show what I have seen on the NA forums before,SSD doesn't always mean faster load times.

Once I finish the SEA update I will run defrag to make sure everything is good.

216 posts
2,239 battles

eJ7Tnji.png

Joking aside, other than defragging (which was already mention) the only other quick and semi affordable remedies I can think of is upgrading your hard drive to a SSD (don't have to spend all that much for 60-80Gbs of memory), or increase your RAM size if it needs it. These two items aren't all that expensive and would benefit you across the board for all games.

Alpha Tester
197 posts
2,388 battles

Mine is much faster.  In fact, I actually get the countdown now, instead of coming in halfway thru the battle!!!:teethhappy:

Maybe they should do the same thing for WoT!

Edited by ProvoBob

72 posts
2,544 battles

Running on a laptop with mostly medium settings. Had OK loading times before the patch.

Then I had a similar loading problem after the patch. The loading bar took a while to fill up, and even if it did the client was left stuck there for a minute or two before I can get into the game. I could see everyone was already ready and moving in the Mission tab in the loading screen, and yet I felt so frustrated that I'm not loaded into it at all.

This doesn't seem like the issue of game caching I had way before this because this happened for consecutive games in the same session. Yes if the game was slow because had to cache for the first game of the session, I'd understand. But with the patch already repackaging all its map resources, that seemed unlikely...

So I thought I'd try another approach. Apart from the repacking, what's new in this patch and also in effect in the beginning of the match seems to be the weather effects.

I remembered I had set Effects Preset to High when I first went to check for my graphic settings after the patch. This time, I've decided to set it to Low and restarted the client.

The loading worked smoothly after that. I could even load into the match during the countdown timer now.

Not to say that I had the best specs around, but I'd thought it may be worth bringing up this issue as it may have extended to the rest of us players who have higher machine specs than mine but are also having this loading issue.

Edited by Calderhunt

Sign in to follow this