You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
arcticavengerz

North Carolina main battery accuracy.

26 comments in this topic

33 posts
4,464 battles

Hello fellow sailors!

This is my first time posting so do not judge ! Well, im writing this post to discuss about North Carolina's main battery accuracy.

Firstly, North Carolina is fine in my opinion and i enjoyed using it but sometimes it gets annoying when the dispersion spread is too damn high.

Secondly, Is WG going to improve its accuracy by implementing at least a accuracy upgrades(reduce dispersion) like IJN BB counterpart?

Lastly, What do you think of North Carolina's performance compared to Amagi and Tirpitz?

Thank you and have a nice day !

arcticavengerz~

575 posts
5,354 battles

Hello fellow sailors!

This is my first time posting so do not judge ! Well, im writing this post to discuss about North Carolina's main battery accuracy.

Firstly, North Carolina is fine in my opinion and i enjoyed using it but sometimes it gets annoying when the dispersion spread is too damn high.

Secondly, Is WG going to improve its accuracy by implementing at least a accuracy upgrades(reduce dispersion) like IJN BB counterpart?

Lastly, What do you think of North Carolina's performance compared to Amagi and Tirpitz?

arcticavengerz~

Do not bother going any further down the US BB line. From the North Carolina to the Montana is the same when it comes to it's accuracy...they have none. Go the IJN line to the Yamato for superior dispersion and accuracy. WG screwed the entire US BB line with the worst accuracy of all the BBs. Guess they really don't believe the truth of the matter that the US BBs were the most accurate ships ever designed. Its Japanese super BBs or nothing in this game!

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Has been acknowledged by the Devs and they're planning to buff tier VIII+ USN BBs. 

Source. Point #2 for those lazy.

Edited by Chawp

216 posts
2,239 battles

Q. Do you plan to buff tier 9-10 US BB's in the near future?

Are you happy with the current state of tier 8-10 US CV's? Lexington with her only useful setup - strike - is overpowered. Wouldn't you consider adding more balanced setups?

Wouldn't you consider adding different bombs to IJN DB's (such as AP bombs)? 

Do you plan to add a bigger selection of upgrades (researchable upgrades, not module upgrades) to IJN cruisers? For example, give Zao the choice between her current ones and Ibuki's upgraded ones (slower but with more range).

A. In patch 0.5.6. we plan to buff a lot of ships, including Iowa and Montana (in nearly all of their characteristics).

We're not happy with their current state (that's why we plan to make some changes).

We don't plan to make changes to setups for now.

Regarding changes to bombs, we don't plan to make any in the near future either.

The same regarding upgrades.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/31444-some-interesting-info-from-ru/page__st__2680__p__991526#entry991526

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hello fellow sailors!

arcticavengerz~

NOPE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<< [balance issues]

[KGHSF]
3,224 posts
6,072 battles

It's difficult to aim and shoot 

I have sold out becuz too long commission have over 250k ship exp.

Edited by THAI_THIEF

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

It's difficult to aim and shoot 

I have sold out becuz too long commission have over 250k ship exp.

Why will you sell a North Carolina like seriously? Fail to yolo with it?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

NC isn't that bad, it's side armor is actually quite sturdy and it's bow is just a pain in the arse for any BBs that dont have 460MM guns, it's the better ship compared to amagi and derpitz when it comes to holding off enemies that out number you because you can bring a lot more guns to bare while basically ignoring all BB shells that comes in from the front

so T8 BBs

amagi: insane broadside, best BB accuracy in game imho, and pretty good armor(compared to nagato and izumo

NC: good bow armor, can bring more guns to bare while showing the smallest profile, AA monster,A short ship so it's harder to hit then amagi and derpitz

derpitz: no citadels(or close to that), 25s reload on guns, fast shell speed, good max speed, torps, nice turret traverse 

[KGHSF]
3,224 posts
6,072 battles

Why will you sell a North Carolina like seriously? Fail to yolo with it?

Sorry I'm bored a bit I wanna play some ship. 

109 posts
5,101 battles

It's true NC guns have some fatal flaws:

• Weird stern turret arc
  • Abysmal shell velocity
  • Weird dispersion characteristic

The shells hang so slooooow that I missed almost every shots on my first battles. Iowa guns are much better though, except they can't pen the Yamatos it faces regularly :sceptic:

Edited by RepublicTrooper

783 posts
4,826 battles

One of the only thing I love about USN's BB is that CV tend to ignore them. while I feel like center of CV's attention on Tirpitz

I won't deny that one bit. :hiding:

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

One of the only thing I love about USN's BB is that CV tend to ignore them. while I feel like center of CV's attention on Tirpitz

It's true, when I play CV, I usually attack Tirpitz due to its less AA capability power than NC or Iowa even Montana except Colorado though.

153 posts
3,262 battles

Yeah, i love playing my colorado due to the AA.. and of course the dispersion is as bad, but going closer to brawl helps.. I think NC has the same playstyle.... but higher tier tends to camp, and so NC is harder to play.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

the NC is quite good if played properly anyways, yes her dispersion sucks but its still manageable. If you have problems with the dispersion try firing one turret at a time. That helped me when I first started out with the NC , and try to adjust your lead, since the shells dispersed way more than the Amagi for example . I will tend to give a further lead sometimes just to maximize the shell hit potentials due to that dispersion at at times il give a shorter lead depending on the situation. Take your time to learn the NC and you can capitalize on in

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,779 battles

Do not bother going any further down the US BB line. From the North Carolina to the Montana is the same when it comes to it's accuracy...they have none. Go the IJN line to the Yamato for superior dispersion and accuracy. WG screwed the entire US BB line with the worst accuracy of all the BBs. Guess they really don't believe the truth of the matter that the US BBs were the most accurate ships ever designed. Its Japanese super BBs or nothing in this game!

Although the NC statistically is awful, it gets better as you go down the line, Iowa is significantly ahead of Izumo at tier 9 and Montana and Yamato are pretty much on par in the current two week Asia server stats.  Don't forget buffs are incoming for high tier US BB's, so telling someone to stop at the North Carolina may not be the best advice.

Super Tester
293 posts
4,850 battles

Although the NC statistically is awful, it gets better as you go down the line, Iowa is significantly ahead of Izumo at tier 9 and Montana and Yamato are pretty much on par in the current two week Asia server stats.  Don't forget buffs are incoming for high tier US BB's, so telling someone to stop at the North Carolina may not be the best advice.

Agreed there, just because one ship is bad dosent mean the rest of the line  is bad. Though personally I do enjoy the NC even with her bad dispersion lol

52 posts

actually north carolina has a stronger point vs amagi

also colorado vs nagato is actually fair

and new mexico vs fuso=new mexico (fuso runs away from new mexico sometimes

the point of USN bbs is that the armor is so hard to crack , AA is pretty bad that almost all carriers tend to ignore it

i hope that USN BBS starting from colorado to montana must have buff immediately

because this is too damn annoying

783 posts
4,826 battles

actually north carolina has a stronger point vs amagi

also colorado vs nagato is actually fair

and new mexico vs fuso=new mexico (fuso runs away from new mexico sometimes

the point of USN bbs is that the armor is so hard to crack , AA is pretty bad that almost all carriers tend to ignore it

i hope that USN BBS starting from colorado to montana must have buff immediately

because this is too damn annoying

It's your lucky day then. WG stated in one of the RU Q&A that they are buffing the dispersion of high tier USN BBs as well as other characteristics(they didn't specify)

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,570 battles

urrg, i feel that WG shadow nerfed amagi's dispersion, again, and buffed derpitz's, used to be that i can get 5+ citadel on amagi and 1-2 on tirpitz per match, but after 5.5 it's the other way around

(derpitz most OP T8 BB confirmed?)