Sign in to follow this  
Rompinthedark

Worst update in history

13 comments in this topic

5 posts
2,940 battles

I have played Tanks since beta and this since inception. This 5.5 update is terrible. The speed at which it downloads is beyond painful getting down to 60kb/sec..I mean really on a 100 mb/sec connection. Checked with all my friends and they report the same. Com'on WG. Not good enough. And to release it right before the weekend...ffs. Do it mid week.

Also no Anzac special..really?

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

10mbs download, got the patch done in a flash, hell, the extraction took longer than the actual download.

It isn't WG's fault, its your ISP.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,095 battles

OP.

That's why they are giving you 3 days pre for free.  They know it takes time.  Im getting around 700kbs to 1.1mbps, but I expect less with hellstra Bigpond.

As for Anzac Day, What makes you think it is ok to expect freebies.   Its the diggers day, not a day for internet game entitlement.

1,230 posts
2,351 battles

I have played Tanks since beta and this since inception. This 5.5 update is terrible. The speed at which it downloads is beyond painful getting down to 60kb/sec..I mean really on a 100 mb/sec connection. Checked with all my friends and they report the same. Com'on WG. Not good enough. And to release it right before the weekend...ffs. Do it mid week.

Also no Anzac special..really?

So, the download time is the only put down for you. So, you don't want faster load, and weathers and other cool feautures, just because a sluggish download speed.

And as for the mid week, originally it was to be released yesterday. Or you want it to be released yesterday with crappy UI bugs??

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I'm sure there is something wrong when i download the 1 gb patch

it when up to 1.5mbps to 50kbps and vice versa

I'm not sure what it is

359 posts
2,819 battles

9 GB damn it previous version all USELESS! 

Look like you newly download the game. The patch is suppose 3.5 GB or so.

But the patch will take longer to repack, so some recommend download anew.

Oh, and people who find download speed too low. Did you uncheck enable update seeding. I heard it help

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

5 posts
2,940 battles

OP.

That's why they are giving you 3 days pre for free.  They know it takes time.  Im getting around 700kbs to 1.1mbps, but I expect less with hellstra Bigpond.

As for Anzac Day, What makes you think it is ok to expect freebies.   Its the diggers day, not a day for internet game entitlement.

Ex Navy diver/sub mariner. So my anzac day expectation is founded. Did you serve? I doubt it!!!!

Edited by Rompinthedark

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,095 battles

My comment still stands. What's Anzac Day have to do with Internet game freebies? Have your day, March have a beer and spend it with your mates. Asking for stuff in game for Anzac Day cheapens the significance of the day.