You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
generalsarek

Which ships to play

26 comments in this topic

9 posts
56 battles

Hi all

For those that only play casual and don't want to waste time we don't have on dead end ships classes, which ones are the best to play.

And assume never getting past tier 8.

For example I have wasted a lot of time grinding to get my T7 USN Ranger carrier, and it is rubbish.  Should have gone down the IJN path.

Also wasted time getting to Tier 6 on USN BB's and Cruisers, now the tier 7sh are rubbish.

So for each class which country has the best ship line?

And should I try each class, at the moment I am only playing IJN DD's and Carriers. (I got sick of burning BBs and getting auto derped in cruisers by BB's).

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

there are no "best" lines, each country and ship line is played differently. 

Players should play each line/country up to tier 5 before committing to a single country/line

9 posts
56 battles

there are no "best" lines, each country and ship line is played differently. 

Players should play each line/country up to tier 5 before committing to a single country/line

Then why are IJN ships over-represented in battles.

And are you saying that the IJN carrier line is equal to the USN line up to T8?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

yep, IJN is certainly easier to master(point and spam), but USN AP is scary and they have wonderful rudder shifts and armor T8+

NVR mind didnt notice you were talking about CVs

Edited by drakon233

9 posts
56 battles

yep, IJN is certainly easier to master(point and spam), but USN AP is scary and they have wonderful rudder shifts and armor T8+

NVR mind didnt notice you were talking about CVs

I am not talking about Tier 8 + either, as unpaid with not much time this will never happen.  Anyone unpaid will probably never get past Tier8.

And the CV's is easy, US line sucks.

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

View Postgeneralsarek, on 29 April 2016 - 03:42 PM, said:

Anyone unpaid will probably never get past Tier8.

Oh Really? Well, I can't say I've never paid for WoWS but I'm pretty damned sure that you can get past tier 8 without paying, if you wanted too.

Personally, I prefer IJN sheeps, because of various reasons, CV got TBs BBs, up to Nagato is frickin suiting my BB-style. CA got quite a railgun. DD is ok, I've just got to Mutsuki so I don't really know how salty high tier IJN DDs be like, espicially after this update, but I'm happy with Mutsuki. And yes, I'm playing all IJN classes. USN I've only penetrated to Ranger and stop because it sucks (for me) I dislike fighter planes. I've got to Baltimore during CBT and it's solid, not shitty at all. Endure a bit of Pepsicola, but actually, if you can USN CA your life is good. (Establishing No-Fly zones, lol) as for USN BBs, I've never really played it. On live server I got only as far as New York, but, yeah, actually, I don't like it, but weirdly enough, I did well in it, so before consider the line's bad, don't use only your feelings, sometimes a decision made when you're salty and raging's not the best one.

P.S: Hey, this feels surprisingly nostalgic, as I haven't wrote any long construcitve replys since the days when WoWS was just released.

Edited by Conkhead_12

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I am not talking about Tier 8 + either, as unpaid with not much time this will never happen.  Anyone unpaid will probably never get past Tier8.

And the CV's is easy, US line sucks.

That's not true, it just takes alot of sealclubbing grinding. Even in WoT I have not spent a cent I still managed to get to tier X (have not bought the tank yet), just takes alot of effort to grind to it lol.

For me, I play like a filthy ninja, so I play my IJN DD alot. Tier 4-6 is the best "sweet spot" for grinding credits if you don't have a prem ship.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,970 battles

And are you saying that the IJN carrier line is equal to the USN line up to T8?

There is a sizeable player base who fangirl/boy over these ships in the SEA server.

All ship lines feature tiers that are garbage and become a chore to grind.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Most IJN ship up to tier 7 are fine

Except IJN DD tier 6 & 7

Those are the hardest to use and grind

But still possible

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Except IJN DD tier 6 & 7

Those are the hardest to use and grind

They're fairly user-friendly. Still plays in a less risky fashion compared to USSR and USN DDs.

As for ships to recommend...

I don't want to sound like a creaky door in the wind, but.. It's based on how you play.

IJN CVs require more micro, especially once you have to consider the higher AA ratings in the later tiers, but potentially the highest exp output when compared to USN CVs

IJN CAs hit hard early on, have excellent speed and have torpedoes for added offensive/defensive power in exchange for rate of fire and gun range

IJN DDs are ninja- Though later tiers all bog down to filthy torpedo grids in choke points because of the range

IJN BBs are generally faster and hit farther and slightly harder in exchange for lower armor

USN CVs require less micro, but have improved air-domination capabilities and single-squadron strength

USN CAs fire rapidly up to T6, then begin to fire slower and hit harder later on. Torp utility is gone, but they have excellent AA. Great for wolfpacks

USN DDs can harass other DDs and scout for the team. They can generally lead a push in DD-encroached areas due to having the agility to dodge torps and fire rapidly

USN BBs are whales with thick armor early on. Accuracy is meh, range is comparable to CAs in the early tiers, but they generally fill the niche of "Giant tank, walks slow, hits hard"

SN CAs have high range and RoF and short-ranged torps for self-defense, they're a bit tanky. In-game, they're usually in between CAs and BBs in terms of firepower

SN DDs have extremely fast RoF meant to harass ships to death with fire as well as murder any DDs they chase thanks to possessing the highest speeds in the game once they hit T7. They also possess short-range torps for defense or risky offense.

KM CAs shoot very far whilst possessing paper-mache armor. They possess decent gun RoF and short-ranged torps for self defense.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

They're fairly user-friendly. Still plays in a less risky fashion compared to USSR and USN DDs.

As for ships to recommend...

and There comes the "hard grind" part

you hit something or not hit at all with torp

those torpedo is easy to detect and the ship itself easy to counter once get detected as they have almost no resistance to HE shells

1. see the torp
  2. Turn you rudder and reverse your speed
  3. No hit

dont "use Strategy!" Me, i play with them since beta weekend, not much improvement on the ship 

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I have no style.

i highly recommend cruisers, they are jack of all trades, master of none. their medium caliber guns are good for hitting smaller ship like dd and similar size cruiser, while still post significant treat to heavily armed ship like battleship because of their fire chances.

not popular but i highly recommend USN cruiser.

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Anyone unpaid will probably never get past Tier8.

pretty sure I got Mogami and almost to Ibuki without paying a single cent in this game, if i invest more time into this game and focus on 1 line, i should probably got to Zao with another Tier 8 ship by now

3 posts
787 battles

And are you saying that the IJN carrier line is equal to the USN line up  to T8?

Cause Kancolle players are to crowded and dangerous ^^, the IJN ships are quite op except furutaco

451 posts
6,946 battles

If u want a couple of ships that can hard-carry and sink half a team without issue and still rake in credits despite sinking, drive the

Fusou

Minekaze.

Between these 2 ships u will easily earn enough to purchase higher tier ships.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

or.. you can wait for another Public test server so you can try ships before you buy it in your real account....

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Hi all

For those that only play casual and don't want to waste time we don't have on dead end ships classes, which ones are the best to play.

And assume never getting past tier 8.

For example I have wasted a lot of time grinding to get my T7 USN Ranger carrier, and it is rubbish.  Should have gone down the IJN path.

Also wasted time getting to Tier 6 on USN BB's and Cruisers, now the tier 7sh are rubbish.

So for each class which country has the best ship line?

And should I try each class, at the moment I am only playing IJN DD's and Carriers. (I got sick of burning BBs and getting auto derped in cruisers by BB's).

Look like you failed yoloing US BB and Cruisers if you don't know how to yolo it then don't do it because US Tier 6 BB, Tier 7 BB and Tier 7 Heavy Cruiser is the best part and fun part to play with it unless you are damm sux in all lines and if you are sux in US Lines what make you think you are good yoloing at other lines?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

and There comes the "hard grind" part

you hit something or not hit at all with torp

those torpedo is easy to detect and the ship itself easy to counter once get detected as they have almost no resistance to HE shells

1. see the torp
  2. Turn you rudder and reverse your speed
  3. No hit

dont "use Strategy!" Me, i play with them since beta weekend, not much improvement on the ship 

I've pretty much forgone the torps and treated Mutsuki as a slower Minekaze via torp acceleration. I treat Hatsuharu like a USN DD. I literally charge enemy DDs and play a game of g*y chicken with smoke and torps. First to deploy either loses, and is subjected to <2km torp launch shotgun. At higher tiers, trying to torp-snipe against people who actually take the liberty of adjusting their course often is pretty much useless. Islands are friends. Teammates are friends. (Unless you're in front of a loon who randomly spams torps)

Actually advancing and causing distractions behind enemy lines rather than spamming torps at a safe distance the ninja way is my preferred method.

People do weird things when they see an IJN DD, so I don't fire my torps when I'm spotted and I know I can retreat without smoke. They stop pushing towards a cap, so I magically disappear and go elsewhere- Meanwhile, in their minds, they think some IJN DD is waiting in the exact same spot, waiting to torp them. I take the open detour to their CV and/or rear in large maps like Land of Fire. They spot a DD behind enemy lines, they panic and point their guns at me rather than my team, alleviating pressure. Again, I've no hope at using torps against people aware that I'm there, so I don't use them.

I'd rather play in a risky fashion than be at the bottom of the exp list with 0 achievements in the battle- And it works. People who can't adapt to the change of gameplay a new ship brings is... Eh.

Of course, I have numbers to prove my words.

mhvcbl.png

It isn't crap. Just needs a change in tactics.

Of course, if it was terrible, there wouldn't be some loon out there who would keep playing it for-

91jry0.png

TL;DR- Psychological warfare. Adapt.