Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Syanda

[Contest!] Reticle Design Contest

31 comments in this topic

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Posting this on behalf of Spotter

Captains!

With Update 0.5.5, WG has introduced some of the most popular reticle variations into the client, but they're not stopping there. They want every player to be able to choose the reticle he is most comfortable with. That's why they are starting a reticles creating contest in which the players can select the reticles they would like to see in the game!

PxmywDx.gif

The contest will have two stages:

Stage one will be held on the game forums for each region (RU, EU, NA, Asia). Authors can submit their submissions until 9 May 23:59 UTC. Voting ends on 16 May 23:59 UTC. There will be a separate poll for each region.

How to participate?

Reticle mod authors can post their work in this forum topic.

Please create a separate reply for each reticle submission. Please use this format for your replies:

1. Nickname of the author
  2. Reticle name
  3. Screenshot of the reticle under a spoiler
  4. Download link for the reticle
  5. Technical requirements for the rear-sight leaf:

File format: PNG-24

Files size not bigger than: 50 Kbyte

Width no more than: 1700px

Height no more than: 800px

File size must be an even number (1689x799 is not a valid entry, however 1688x798 is)

Only the author of the reticle can post a reply to participate in the contest! The submission must be the original work of the author!

One author can post several reticles, but a separate message must be created for each submission.

By posting their reticle mods to participate in the contest, authors grant full rights to Wargaming to use their work in the game client.

What are the selection criteria?

The selection criteria will be the number of likes the submissions receive. To vote for the reticle you liked, simply press the “Like This” button in the lower right corner of the author’s message. The 5 reticles with the most votes will then go on to stage two.

Please note that until the end of the submission period, you will be only able to see your own submissions in this topic. We will open the topic for voting after submissions are closed.

The 20 regionally selected winners (5 from each region) will be posted on our portal. Players will be able to vote for their favourite reticle. Voting will take place in all regions (RU, EU, NA, Asia). The 5 reticles with the most votes will be introduced to the client, and will become available for use. Stage II starts on 19 May and global voting end on 25 May 23:59 UTC.

Prizes

Regional winners (Top 5 per region):  7,500 doubloons and Special commemorative flag

Global winners (Top 5 worldwide): Premium ship of their choice from our Premium Shop, in-game offers and partner programs and maybe something extra! J
WG will also distribute 1 honourable mention prize, which include 500 doubloons and a set of economic flags, for every 10 valid submissions.

Contest results will be posted on 27 May!

Post your entries in the submission thread.

43 posts
11,696 battles

7500.. That's a lot of port slots.. Will try to make something! Good luck to everyone! o w<)/

43 posts
11,696 battles

You should use the new files, I think. First time I'm modding games..

I looked at the flash files and the reticles are in a new "crosshairs" file instead of the old "crosshair_screen" file to fit all the new different reticles in the game.

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

Stage one will be held on the game forums for each region (RU, EU, NA, Asia). Authors can submit their submissions until 9 May 23:59 UTC. Voting ends on 16 May 23:59 UTC. There will be a separate poll for each region.

How to participate?

Reticle mod authors can post their work in this forum topic.

Please create a separate reply for each reticle submission. Please use this format for your replies:

1. Nickname of the author
  2. Reticle name
  3. Screenshot of the reticle under a spoiler
  4. Download link for the reticle
  5. Technical requirements for the rear-sight leaf:
What does this mean?
Edited by Echo_8_ERA

783 posts
4,819 battles

I somehow got a reticle ready for that size but I'm no modder and not familiar with how WoWs files are arranged.

Which file would I need to edit?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Guys, you just need to design it, not actually make a working mod out of it. Just as long as it fits the submission requirement.

File format: PNG-24

Files size not bigger than: 50 Kbyte

Width no more than: 1700px

Height no more than: 800px

File size must be an even number (1689x799 is not a valid entry, however 1688x798 is)

783 posts
4,819 battles

Guys, you just need to design it, not actually make a working mod out of it. Just as long as it fits the submission requirement.

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification! :)

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Hi guys!

Submissions for the contest are now closed. However, voting will be open in the submission thread until the 16th! Please do head over there and cast your vote for your favourites by giving them a +1.

621 posts
2,271 battles

Am I an idiot if I read it as 'Submissions end on 16th' rather than voting?

I believe I am.

Going to weep and cry now.

*pat pat*

There, there.

Don't cry. There will be more competitions in the future.

If you've already made a reticle, why not make a mod out of it? 

Beta Tester
114 posts
2,025 battles

Hi guys!

Submissions for the contest are now closed. However, voting will be open in the submission thread until the 16th! Please do head over there and cast your vote for your favourites by giving them a +1.

woops,disregard my PM,didn't find submission deadline in the post. (any chance for deadline extension? :hiding:)

Am I an idiot if I read it as 'Submissions end on 16th' rather than voting?

I believe I am.

Going to weep and cry now.

I mis-read it too so we're now idiots in arms. :(

Edited by TE_Moemiji_

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

woops,disregard my PM,didn't find submission deadline in the post. (any chance for deadline extension? :hiding:)

Since it's a global contest, extension is unlikely. It'd have to extend on all all regions and decided by HQ.

2 posts

Hello from Na server. I feel it my duty to drop in an vote for each of my favorite reticle for each forum. Still waiting for EU and RU submission thread to open up :P.

btw, these are some nice looking reticle's

if you feel like dropping a vote for all 4 servers for the reticle contest but can't find the threads? Well here they're

Edited by MajorRenegade

102 posts
1,581 battles

Hello from Na server. I feel it my duty to drop in an vote for each of my favorite reticle for each forum. Still waiting for EU and RU submission thread to open up :P.

btw, these are some nice looking reticle's

if you feel like dropping a vote for all 4 servers for the reticle contest but can't find the threads? Well here they're

I've checked them and they look quite nice. =)

102 posts
1,581 battles

the global and some regional like NA announce the winners, no idea when will the asia announcement though

Can't wait for this to be announced lol -Rolls- :D

102 posts
1,581 battles

Bumped the request for regional up the ladder. Global announcement is in this link: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?showtopic=15680&view=findpost&p=204955

Weird I didn't even notice there was a Global voting process going on lol.

And let's see who wins Regional :3!

Also Congratulations on winning Global, That was to be expected

Your Reticle was good also brining A win for Asia! woohoo lol. =D

Edited by Sukasaa