You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kuchikuseiki

Northern Lights too bright?

21 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
392 posts

The green lights look alright, but the purple hues can be pretty nauseating. I always stay well clear of that area whenever I get this map. If it helps, set cloud quality to lowest.

216 posts
2,239 battles

it's official, we literally have nothing else to complain about other that visual effects of the sky.

Have you even tried changing your screen settings? Maybe your screen hull or brightness setting is to high. If that can't fix it then put on a pair of shades.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

it's official, we literally have nothing else to complain about other that visual effects of the sky.

Have you even tried changing your screen settings? Maybe your screen hull or brightness setting is to high. If that can't fix it then put on a pair of shades.

^ this. Check your monitor's settings as well. I believe it's in default gaming settings where most monitor has those default settings for text, internet surfing, gaming, movies, etc.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Well it seems to me that it doesn't matter what we complain about, other players will always troll or complain about that person complaining about something anyways hey.

Super Tester
1,779 posts
323 battles

ah yes, looks like I'm not the only one who thinks the map is too bright..

gotta admit, the map is too bright for a night map :hiding:

Beta Tester
682 posts
4,757 battles

+1 for me too. I really think it too darn bright ... it really hurt my eye 

It night map but it really like they change color of sun and we have green sun and blue sun instead of warm light without changing the intensity of light.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I have my gamma turned down to the lowest and is still goddamn bright. Isn't this supposed to be a night map? It's blinding compared to day maps.

You are not the first one who raised this issues before because someone already did before and it already been answered it.

10 posts
1,420 battles

^ this. Check your monitor's settings as well. I believe it's in default gaming settings where most monitor has those default settings for text, internet surfing, gaming, movies, etc.

Brightness at 50% which I considered the best brightness for many situations. There's no contrast settings since I'm using a laptop, there's no settings/mode in the support softwares given by the manufacturer either.

You are not the first one who raised this issues before because someone already did before and it already been answered it.

I don't really know what point you're trying to contribute, but show me the answer if there's one.

If my screenshots are exactly the same as everyone else here, then I guess there's nothing could be done. I'm asking because I'm afraid it's my computer's problem or something like that.

Edited by Kuchikuseiki

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Brightness at 50% which I considered the best brightness for many situations. There's no contrast settings since I'm using a laptop, there's no settings/mode in the support softwares given by the manufacturer either.

I don't really know what point you're trying to contribute, but show me the answer if there's one.

If my screenshots are exactly the same as everyone else here, then I guess there's nothing could be done. I'm asking because I'm afraid it's my computer's problem or something like that.

M8 Firstly the Northern Light we all know it bright already judging that you just play WoWS recently i can see you don't get what i mean because look at your account created date,  we already raised this issue before on the brightness before this map was released to general public and yet WG did not do any amendment on it so does this explain your questions?

10 posts
1,420 battles

M8 Firstly the Northern Light we all know it bright already judging that you just play WoWS recently i can see you don't get what i mean because look at your account created date,  we already raised this issue before on the brightness before this map was released to general public and yet WG did not do any amendment on it so does this explain your questions?

So we're going to give up on the issue just because WG refused to take action in the past? I didn't know it's wrong to bring up old issues that should've been discussed and solved in the past. Might as well just stop giving suggestions to anything altogether. Also my account creation date has nothing to do with issues that have been left unsolved, and I do know that it's been mentioned before, it's like a little reminder for the people, or for new players that have no idea about the map's changes up until now (if there's any at all).

Also I'm merely asking you guys if my screenshots are normal or not compared to you people (the reason why those imgur link are here.). If the majority thinks the map is fine, then I rest my case.

Edited by Kuchikuseiki

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

So we're going to give up on the issue just because WG refused to take action in the past? I didn't know it's wrong to bring up old issues that should've been discussed and solved in the past. Might as well just stop giving suggestions to anything altogether. Also my account creation date has nothing to do with issues that have been left unsolved, and I do know that it's been mentioned before, it's like a little reminder for the people, or for new players that have no idea about the map's changes up until now (if there's any at all).

Also I'm merely asking you guys if my screenshots are normal or not compared to you people (the reason why those imgur link are here.). If the majority thinks the map is fine, then I rest my case.

It not WG whether want to do it, it the issues already more than once such thing so it may not happened for now but it may happen in the near future.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Well it seems to me that it doesn't matter what we complain about, other players will always troll or complain about that person complaining about something anyways hey.

sooo... do you have something constructive to add to this post? Even though my comment had sassy sarcasm mixed with it I at least added something to possible resolve his issue (monitor screen setting) which had not been mention yet, nor did we know at the time that he plays on a laptop. What did you bring to the table, salty feels, because no one hardly takes anything you post here serious since you're literally known as the 'Ranter' on this forum?

Kuchikuseiki, are you complaining about the lighting because of the night time setting and you think it's to bright, or is the light actually causing you headaches and difficulty due to the hull of the light? If it's the headache part then here, I know that the shades comment earlier might have sounded like a joke, but if you're really having issues with the lighting on the screen causing pain and headaches and there are no more setting options to change then these shades might actually help. And if it's the atmosphere part you're complaining about then tough luck, doubt WG is going to do anything about it in the near future when they have issues like balancing to work on (and yes your screen shot looks normal to what I play with on that map). 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

sooo... do you have something constructive to add to this post? Even though my comment had sassy sarcasm mixed with it I at least added something to possible resolve his issue (monitor screen setting) which had not been mention yet, nor did we know at the time that he plays on a laptop. What did you bring to the table, salty feels, because no one hardly takes anything you post here serious since you're literally known as the 'Ranter' on this forum?

well instead of you adding ya sarcasm, why don't you just add your possible resolve and leave it at that?

I don't really care if most ppl don't take what I add serious at all, not a single salty tear at all.

Edited by yobbo1972

10 posts
1,420 battles

Kuchikuseiki, are you complaining about the lighting because of the night time setting and you think it's to bright, or is the light actually causing you headaches and difficulty due to the hull of the light? If it's the headache part then here, I know that the shades comment earlier might have sounded like a joke, but if you're really having issues with the lighting on the screen causing pain and headaches and there are no more setting options to change then these shades might actually help. And if it's the atmosphere part you're complaining about then tough luck, doubt WG is going to do anything about it in the near future when they have issues like balancing to work on (and yes your screen shot looks normal to what I play with on that map). 

Thank you for your good response. Actually I don't get any headaches (thank you for your considerations), it is indeed that I think the atmosphere is too bright for a night map, as I don't recall auroras being brighter than a sun >.> . If my screenshots looked like everyone else then I can rest well, but yeah, I would rather have them doing balancing stuff than these aesthetic stuff that I can bear a bit. Was afraid of my monitor/game freaking out.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Thank you for your good response. Actually I don't get any headaches (thank you for your considerations), it is indeed that I think the atmosphere is too bright for a night map, as I don't recall auroras being brighter than a sun >.> . If my screenshots looked like everyone else then I can rest well, but yeah, I would rather have them doing balancing stuff than these aesthetic stuff that I can bear a bit. Was afraid of my monitor/game freaking out.

The map is already too bright already, we already had responded and also asked the dev to rectify before this map was released out to the public but in the end nothing was rectified so what could you expect??? Anyway suck it up and endure that map.

[MEGA]
4,561 posts
17,548 battles

Lol, my northen lights map is even brigher then yours, you'll get used to it eventually, in the mean time... Well i guess you'll just have to endure it, tought luck M8

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,807 battles

I've found the glare on some parts of this map to be uncomfortable but as  Nikolaevna suggests sail to a less troublesome area.

It would be interesting to see if WoW eventually instigate sunset/sunrise light effects similar to those that took place during the Battle of Coronel.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

You do realise that the lighting is muted compared to reality?

If you were in that environment you would be lucky to see 8km through the glare lol