Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TaikoTaiko

Last chance perk on Shimakazes

43 comments in this topic

178 posts
2,306 battles

Hey guys. Does anyone know if the Last Chance perk reduce torpedo reload times? 

Because if it does, that would mean a 55% reduction in reload time. 68 seconds reload for Shimakazes. I would gladly reduce my hp to 20% for that. (Provided there are no CVs)

178 posts
2,306 battles

If you`re going to give up Concealment Expert for anything else, don`t even use DDs.

Who is to say that there is a fixed way to play a certain ship? Experiment a little and maybe we'll find something good?

178 posts
2,306 battles

I know why CE is good, survival, stealth fire, capping etc etc. Missing the point of the build though. You have 15 20 km torpedoes at 68 seconds reload. You have 20% hp. Will you go cap or will you spam torpedoes from a safe distance?

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Who is to say that there is a fixed way to play a certain ship? Experiment a little and maybe we'll find something good?

I kinda understand that you want to experiment but without Concealment Expert it will be really hard for you to contest with other DD because you going to get spot at 6.6 in Shima-tan while Fletcher with CE is 5.9 which mean you wont be able to contest any capture zone and will get proxy spot all the time, you can stay back and drop Torpedoes in standard battle but again you will unable to spot other DDs for ur team which mean no way Teammates Cruiser can help keep those DDs away for ur fleet, lastly Shima-tan not actually able to fight other DDs in equal term (except u really confident in ur IJN DD gameplay) and get spotted first and let enemy DD decide the engagement is the last thing you want to happen to you.

Yes you actually can go Last Chance but that mean you gonna reduce your self to become just a Torpedo boat with no way to help spotting or hold the cap zone if that worth for you then try it but i really doubt it will work.

178 posts
2,306 battles

I kinda understand that you want to experiment but without Concealment Expert it will be really hard for you to contest with other DD because you going to get spot at 6.6 in Shima-tan while Fletcher with CE is 5.9 which mean you wont be able to contest any capture zone and will get proxy spot all the time, you can stay back and drop Torpedoes in standard battle but again you will unable to spot other DDs for ur team which mean no way Teammates Cruiser can help keep those DDs away for ur fleet, lastly Shima-tan not actually able to fight other DDs in equal term (except u really confident in ur IJN DD gameplay) and get spotted first and let enemy DD decide the engagement is the last thing you want to happen to you.

Yes you actually can go Last Chance but that mean you gonna reduce your self to become just a Torpedo boat with no way to help spotting or hold the cap zone if that worth for you then try it but i really doubt it will work.

Valid points. Capping is important but I do feel that IJN DDs are not great for contesting caps as compared to USN DDs. Why not leave it to the more capable capping ship and instead spam area denial torpedoes?

Edit: this is just an opinion. I'm aware some players are more experienced and better then me. Discussion is welcome. 

Edited by TaikoTaiko

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

I know why CE is good, survival, stealth fire, capping etc etc. Missing the point of the build though. You have 15 20 km torpedoes at 68 seconds reload. You have 20% hp. Will you go cap or will you spam torpedoes from a safe distance?

I would go cap if necessary, if its worth the risk.

You must be one of those Shimas that wander out in the open spamming torps and hoping for a  lucky hit.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Try it in public test, they did provide you with such and such

So you wont disturb anyone winning rate for the sake of your experiment

Edited by Harpoon01

178 posts
2,306 battles

I would go cap if necessary, if its worth the risk.

You must be one of those Shimas that wander out in the open spamming torps and hoping for a  lucky hit.

You seem to be assuming too much. I don't like argument. Let's just say you are right. I don't cap at all. 

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

The thing is, its not worth discussing.

I`m not trying to personally offend you or anthing.

What you`re proposing is trying to do something fancy by saying FU to the game mechanics and objective.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Valid points. Capping is important but I do feel that IJN DDs are not great for contesting caps as compared to USN DDs. Why not leave it to the more capable capping ship and instead spam area denial torpedoes?

If you have "option" yes let other DDs that more capable do the job but i reality most of the time you dont actually have that privilege you have to do the DD job for the team and perform the roles because without doing it your fleet going to be sitting duck because they dont actually have eyes on enemy DDs/Incoming Torpedoes and unable to perform capture role, but please dont be discourage do whatever you want this is game you suppose to enjoy have fun and try things out :P  

Edit: this is just an opinion. I'm aware some players are more experienced and better then me. Discussion is welcome. 

My post also just discussion as fellow DD player is not like i have more experience, "you have to do what i say" or anythings but please aware that some of players here really play DDs to the core and can actually see what will happen so taking that in account before picking the skill because you might need to spent some gold to re-skill.  

178 posts
2,306 battles

Glad to know you are not trying to personally offend me. Because do you really think I don't know the importance of capping? I do. Which is why I sunk so many times in my Shimakaze trying to contest caps. A Shimakaze is just no match for other tier X DDs when contesting caps. Which was why I thought to experiment a little. 

178 posts
2,306 battles

If you have "option" yes let other DDs that more capable do the job but i reality most of the time you dont actually have that privilege you have to do the DD job for the team and perform the roles because without doing it your fleet going to be sitting duck because they dont actually have eyes on enemy DDs/Incoming Torpedoes and unable to perform capture role, but please dont be discourage do whatever you want this is game you suppose to enjoy have fun and try things out :P  

My post also just discussion as fellow DD player is not like i have more experience, "you have to do what i say" or anythings but please aware that some of players here really play DDs to the core and can actually see what will happen so taking that in account before picking the skill because you might need to spent some gold to re-skill.  

Actually Harpoon01 was right. I should have totally used PTS to test it out. Won't be using gold for this. My bad. 

Edited by TaikoTaiko

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Are you looking to be the best competitive player on the server? Or are you just looking for an alternative build that's interesting and effective enough to be worthwhile?

178 posts
2,306 battles

Are you looking to be the best competitive player on the server? Or are you just looking for an alternative build that's interesting and effective enough to be worthwhile?

Yes you are correct. And I know without any doubts that I am not good enough to be a competitive wows player. 

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Then go for it, young man/lady/other! It'll certainly be a surprise for the enemies on the receiving end. Well, unless the enemy is me in which case I'll kinda be expecting it now. But for others, big surprise!

178 posts
2,306 battles

Then go for it, young man/lady/other! It'll certainly be a surprise for the enemies on the receiving end. Well, unless the enemy is me in which case I'll kinda be expecting it now. But for others, big surprise!

Certainly. But on the PTS. I hope I have enough time before it ends to test it out. 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Do whatever you want, as long as no rule is broken.

Best case scenario, you get more torp hits and hopefully translates into more wins. Worst case scenario, you die more due to being detected and low on HP, lose more and people laugh at you for not using conventional builds.

Just make sure you have some doubloons ready in case you regret whatever choice you make.

P.S.

Seeing that the only way to have your HP safely reduced to 20% is via friendly fire, this is not an action I recommend as it is technically against the EULA.

Edited by amade

451 posts
6,946 battles

Outclassedby CE. There is no debate. A skill that only procs on low HP is too unreliable. This is not an mmo lol

Besides why do you give a sht about rate of fire when you can easily kill an enemy with full hp remaining and not spend creds on repair on a build that risks your ship's hp

Edited by Kleiss

178 posts
2,306 battles

Outclassedby CE. There is no debate. A skill that only procs on low HP is too unreliable. This is not an mmo lol

Besides why do you give a sht about rate of fire when you can easily kill an enemy with full hp remaining and not spend creds on repair on a build that risks your ship's hp

Yes you are right. I totally forgotten about repair fees. Doh. But enough talk. 

Conclusion. This is a bad idea I am stupid for even suggesting it. Don't do it. Unless the perk last chance is changed to a 2 to 3 point skill it ain't worth it. No replies required here.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If reseting skills didn't cost doubloons (which is especially expensive once you've spent many skill points) and if I could get my HP down to 20% without resorting to friendly fire I'd do it for the lulz.

Just like how I used the semi-auto 6pdr on the AT-7 for a few battles even though it is generally "inferior" to the upgraded gun.

However, in this case I didn't have to spend any gold and swapping to the stock guns didn't cost credits. The APCR rounds were certainly costly, but it was only for a few battles.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

It might be worth noting that the skill only provides a 30% bonus to reload when you are at less than 10% hitpoints. Not 20%. So you'd have to be floating around on 1789 hitpoints or less for Shimakaze.

178 posts
2,306 battles

It might be worth noting that the skill only provides a 30% bonus to reload when you are at less than 10% hitpoints. Not 20%. So you'd have to be floating around on 1789 hitpoints or less for Shimakaze.

My bad. I should have checked. They really need to buff/change this skill don't they? 

Sign in to follow this