Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

DD smoke mod

38 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Hi, the smoke mod that you can get for the DDs that puts twin circles on the water to make the boundary of the smoke, I would like this mod ban and removed from the game.

Reason being it gives a very big advantage to players that are shooting at the DD hiding in the smoke.

The mod when used puts 2 circles on the water and these circles gives a reference point at which other ships can shoot  and kill the DD hiding in side the smoke while he is firing at other ships .

yes I did try this mod out and that is the one thing I picked up on very quickly when DDs used their smoke.

I found it very easy to fire and hit the DDs, as I use his gun tracers and the circles as my reference point to very easily hit DDs hiding in the smoke.

Ive also been in a DD hiding in the smoke firing my guns and   ships would be able to hit me very easily and even kill me while hiding in the smoke.

Yes it is possible to hit a DD in the smoke without the use of this mod but it makes it so much more easier to hit the DD with the use of the mod.

if anything the mod isn't of any use to the DD at all.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

any gunboat DD player worth his salt knows to move forward and backwards in smoke to avoid being hit, it's a perfectly valid mod for dd players

Pretty much pro tips but it wont work with Mikhail Kutuzov da ship too big :(

753 posts
8,965 battles

Most of the mods should be banned in my view eg, 2 circles around your DD on the mini map showing your detection range for surface and aerial and the different colors for HE and AP shells which allows you to know what the enemy is firing etc.

Everyone should be playing on a fair and level playing field imo. 

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Most of the mods should be banned in my view eg, 2 circles around your DD on the mini map showing your detection range for surface and aerial and the different colors for HE and AP shells which allows you to know what the enemy is firing etc.

you should know the detection range on your ship anyways and the HE and AP shells already have slight diffrent colours, not to mention the diffrent shell arcs and speed (but new players cant really tell the difference so they use the mods)

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Would you stop players from using teamspeak?

That gives a huge advantage over those not using it. Especially team battles.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,806 battles

Would you stop players from using teamspeak?

That gives a huge advantage over those not using it. Especially team battles.

How about players with Gaming Mice?

They have a comfort advantage over say a person at a LAN Cafe with an unfamiliar mouse.

We need to ban gaming mice. Everyone should have a equal playing field in ergonomics.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

ooh, and we cant have anyone playing with specs over intel i3 and NIVIDIA 720(my specs)  because everyone else having better fps then me is sooo op

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

This smoke mod was made by WG Developer and even if you are moving back and forth in the smoke you can still be hit quite easy with the help of this mod. The biggest problem with it is that both enemy and friendly ships can see the circles if both players have the mod and thus makes it so much easier to hit the DD in the smoke, even if he is moving back and forth as his gun tracer gaves his position away and the circle on the water give a perfect reference point in which to aim.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

in that case, ban all CA players who can hit DDs in smoke before the mod , because they can hit the DDs just fine without the smoke mod and that's just not right

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

ive used the mod and I have been on both sides of shooting at a DD in the smoke and been a DD in the smoke being shot at and hit very easily

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

have you been moving at all? if you are, you either arnt moving enough or just have the bad luck of being matched up with good players

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

in that case, ban all CA players who can hit DDs in smoke before the mod , because they can hit the DDs just fine without the smoke mod and that's just not right

Now ya just being silly. it is not that easy to hit a DD in smoke if you only have ocean to shoot at, the circle gives a player a reference point in which to aim at so in fact the DD is the ship that is at a disadvantage in this case as the circles really don't help or assist the DD in anyways from what I could work out

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

have you been moving at all? if you are, you either arnt moving enough or just have the bad luck of being matched up with good players

Dude are you not reading or are you just blind ?

I used the mod ive been on both sides of shooting at and being shot at when using the mod, the mod is a disadvantage for the DD player in the smoke.

ive hit and killed many DD in the smoke while using the mod ive hit a lot more DDs while using the mod than when not using it.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

so i take it that you have been sitting still and snipeing? because unless the dd player is sitting still, even with the smoke mod, it's damb hard to hit a moving dd in smoke

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

since the gun tracers are a much better refrence then the circles

no, in fact the circles give you a greater reference point combined with the tracer fire to help ships shoot the DD in the smoke.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

so i take it that you have been sitting still and snipeing? because unless the dd player is sitting still, even with the smoke mod, it's damb hard to hit a moving dd in smoke

again you are not reading what I am typing.

it DOESNT MATTER IF YOU ARE MOVING IN THE SMOKE OR NOT.

if the DD fires while in the smoke with the circles on the sea it makes it so easy to shoot the DD EVEN IF IT IS MOVING I HAVE DONE IT MANY TIMES.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

very well, i will just assume that you are a much better shot then me, because i am just stateing what i have seen over my gaming life in wows

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I'm a unicum. I still have trouble hitting DDs in smoke unless they fire back (and even then it's not infallible).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

The smoke circle give out the location of DD when it is active, once it is done, it will remain there until the duration off

It will not follow the destroyer movement at all

The smoke comes out by tick, but if you go too slow, it wont come out more until you almost go out from the smoke

And if you go too fast the smoke tick wont conceal you

783 posts
4,821 battles

Regardless of how people perceive the smoke mod, it isn't gonna go away. Recent WG changes already point that they don't want DDs to be able to invis fire in smoke(see radar) without repercussions. The smoke mod is also helpful in punishing such actions (even if its original purpose or intent is for allies to know the smoke boundaries). Being made by a WG developer also pushes the notion that it would stay. I for one welcome this mod. (Too lazy to download it myself. I only have skin mods installed in my copy of the game and no gameplay-inducing ones like some of Aslain's)

The wrong part about it is that WG made it a mod instead of an option in the vanilla game. It gives some players who are in the know a certain advantage to other player who don't have the mod which I hope would be rectified in the future.

Personally, I can't hit DDs in smoke when they fire simply because it's pretty hard for me. With the smoke mod, adding to the tracer info, I can see how/why other people can manage to hit DDs in smoke a bit better.

Sign in to follow this