Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MarshalSqueez

Arpeggio Stage III / Mission 4 for new players?

36 comments in this topic

26 posts
191 battles

I'm new to the SEA server and don't have a lot of ships available.  I came over originally to get the ARP Kirishima under the new player missions and it's been a great ship. 

Now that I have Service Level 10, I've been working on the regular missions.  I'm currently on Mission 2 - 2000 Ribbons for the Kirishima :)

Mission 4 is a bit worrisome though.  I would really like to get the ARP Haguro.  I'm currently using the Murmansk and I don't think I'll have any trouble completing through Mission 3.  But Mission 4 requires a Tier 7 ship. 

Given that I will probably have to buy a ship for the mission - what's recommended?  Atlanta seems like an obvious choice, but the low range means it doesn't always live very long.  Are there any other options that can rack up a high shell hit count?  What would you choose?

753 posts
8,965 battles

I honestly don't see the point in these ARP ships as they are just anime copies of ships that are already available in the normal IJN tech tree and the ARP Haguro is just another Myoko and ARP Myoko, so unless you are an avid fan of this anime thingy I wouldn't bother spending money on a premium ship just to get a replica of some already available.

That being said, I'm currently grinding for the Haguro but I have the standard Myoko and ARP Myoko to do so simply because it's a free ship.

26 posts
191 battles

I honestly don't see the point in these ARP ships as they are just anime copies of ships that are already available in the normal IJN tech tree and the ARP Haguro is just another Myoko and ARP Myoko, so unless you are an avid fan of this anime thingy I wouldn't bother spending money on a premium ship just to get a replica of some already available.

That being said, I'm currently grinding for the Haguro but I have the standard Myoko and ARP Myoko to do so simply because it's a free ship.

I'm an avid fan of the ships :teethhappy:

I have ARP Kongo and ARP Myoko on the North American server (my home server), but there are no ARP missions running there since the beginning of March and the Arpeggio missions will not return until June.  In the mean time I decided I would work on getting the available ships on EU and SEA.  March and early April turned out to be a busy month due to moving, so I focused on getting up to Tier 5 to get the Kirishima on SEA.  (Have the Furutaka). 

I had mostly played the US line of cruisers, battleships and CVs until receiving the ARP Kongo and Myoko.  Those ships fit my play style way better.  They also triggered a latent interest in anime.  I hadn't watched any in years, but I watched the whole Arpeggio series and I'm currently reading through the manga.

So, getting the regular Myoko would be cool, but ARP Haguro is what I'm after :)

26 posts
191 battles

get atago, it's much more noob(no offence) friendly then atlanta

Do you think Atago's rate of fire would be able to do the mission well (3000 ribbons), it's rate of fire seems pretty slow - 3.8 rounds / minute.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Isn't it easier to use Lo Yang?

Atlanta should be the easiest to clear the mission but both Atlanta and Lo Yang are not easy ships to use.

So i recommend Atago PAN PAKA PAN simply OP with no alternative gameplay :P

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

51 posts
7,104 battles

If you have the Premium Time and literal Time to waste, grind the Konigsberg/Nurnberg.

Or if you're not fan of ships made of glass, grind 4 Farragut. Fastest ROF in tier 6 o/

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Atlanta is a choice but is a very difficult ship to use. Mahan is also another difficult ship (b/c it su**). I recommend anything from the russian navy. For prem ships, atago and lo yang. Lo yang can be difficult for newbies if they haven't experienced USN DDs.

If you have the Premium Time and literal Time to waste, grind the Konigsberg/Nurnberg.

Or if you're not fan of ships made of glass, grind 4 Farragut. Fastest ROF in tier 6 o/

mission needs tier 7 and above.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Do you think Atago's rate of fire would be able to do the mission well (3000 ribbons), it's rate of fire seems pretty slow - 3.8 rounds / minute.

They still have till the 9th of May to complete it,so if they play it regularly shouldn't be a prob.

I did mine with the ARP Myoko,Yorck and Admiral Hipper. I think it took me a week or so.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,263 battles

Atlanta rules. My recommendation? Fire at BBs when behind cover (use your shell arc), only engage if the opponent has guns away from you and you are able to hide by the time they turn.

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I'm new to the SEA server and don't have a lot of ships available.  I came over originally to get the ARP Kirishima under the new player missions and it's been a great ship. 

Now that I have Service Level 10, I've been working on the regular missions.  I'm currently on Mission 2 - 2000 Ribbons for the Kirishima :)

Mission 4 is a bit worrisome though.  I would really like to get the ARP Haguro.  I'm currently using the Murmansk and I don't think I'll have any trouble completing through Mission 3.  But Mission 4 requires a Tier 7 ship. 

Given that I will probably have to buy a ship for the mission - what's recommended?  Atlanta seems like an obvious choice, but the low range means it doesn't always live very long.  Are there any other options that can rack up a high shell hit count?  What would you choose?

Get tier 7 Pepsicola or tier 7 Mahan to help you because i simply used Pepsicola and within 3 days i completed all ARP Missions.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Get tier 7 Pepsicola or tier 7 Mahan to help you because i simply used Pepsicola and within 3 days i completed all ARP Missions.

Unfortunately time is against him.His highest ship is the Aoba on the IJN tech tree with only 2 battles so far,so will take him a while to grind it up to a Tier 7 ship.

216 posts
2,239 battles

Honestly I don't think that any ARP ship is worth rushing a purchase of a premium ship . Also the Atlanta (is amazing) has a steep learning curve and very unforgiving if played wrong. But if you're hell bent on getting that ARP then I would also sugest the Atago, it's play style is almost the same as the ARP Haguro. 

Edited by Ryzil

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Unfortunately time is against him.His highest ship is the Aoba on the IJN tech tree with only 2 battles so far,so will take him a while to grind it up to a Tier 7 ship.

Time is not a issue when you are in need of completing something within asap but this is up to him.

Honestly I don't think that any ARP ship is worth rushing a purchase of a premium ship . Also the Atlanta (is amazing) has a steep learning curve and very unforgiving if played wrong. But if you're hell bent on getting that ARP then I would also sugest the Atago, it's play style is almost the same as the ARP Haguro. 

Honest speaking i will not suggest atago with the higher tier battle you are anticipating also with the heavy credits you need to repair the ship so more like pouring money to the sea so i will suggest for the 2000 shots will be using the US Destroyer Nicholas and Farragut, US Light Cruiser Omaha, Cleveland or Premium Light Cruiser Atlanta or the IJN Heavy Cruiser Furutaka and Aoba, KM Konigsberg and Numberg. For the tier 7+ i will suggest US Heavy Cruiser Pepsicola and New Orleans, IJN Heavy Cruiser Myoukou, Mogami or Premium Heavy Cruiser Atago<< [but not highly recommended.].

Super Tester
808 posts
1,399 battles

I'm doing the entire 3000 ribbons in the Shchors

yes i am a masochist

Get the Mikhail Kutuzov. its hard to learn but with a 4x3 layout you can get alot of hits fairly easy, hang around CV early game for free plane ribbon kills.

Edited by iLordShade

Beta Tester
28 posts
4,670 battles

I'm doing the entire 3000 ribbons in the Shchors

yes i am a masochist

Get the Mikhail Kutuzov. its hard to learn but with a 4x3 layout you can get alot of hits fairly easy, hang around CV early game for free plane ribbon kills.

just this   did this mission on Mikhail Kutuzov   love this ship    19 km range  12 guns  fast rof   

Alpha Tester
12 posts
1,853 battles

Ahh but the good thing about them being "reskins" is just that exactly for me. I had the normal Myoko, is/was my primary ship for Team Battles, and then I got the Mogami. By then I also had the ARP Haguro, why just so happens to be... you guessed it, a Myoko. That allowed me to sell my normal Myoko, buy the Mogami and then kit out my Haguro for Team Battles (although with a slightly less experienced Captain). So there are some benefits to getting these ships if you aren't a fan.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Ahh but the good thing about them being "reskins" is just that exactly for me. I had the normal Myoko, is/was my primary ship for Team Battles, and then I got the Mogami. By then I also had the ARP Haguro, why just so happens to be... you guessed it, a Myoko. That allowed me to sell my normal Myoko, buy the Mogami and then kit out my Haguro for Team Battles (although with a slightly less experienced Captain). So there are some benefits to getting these ships if you aren't a fan.

lucky you.... for me.. getting ARP Myoko kinda a drawback...

i struggle in Furutaka and still havent get enough experience for Aoba, then ARP Myoko comes, and i sold my Furutaka and my frustation with it.. so... i must accept my fate to never progress more than tier 7 in IJN Cruiser line.

i still hope i can get a tier 8 ARP Takao

Alpha Tester
12 posts
1,853 battles

lucky you.... for me.. getting ARP Myoko kinda a drawback...

i struggle in Furutaka and still havent get enough experience for Aoba, then ARP Myoko comes, and i sold my Furutaka and my frustation with it.. so... i must accept my fate to never progress more than tier 7 in IJN Cruiser line.

i still hope i can get a tier 8 ARP Takao

Thankfully the IJN cruiser line get SOO much better after the Furutaka. Just grind through it, it is all worth it in the end.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Thankfully the IJN cruiser line get SOO much better after the Furutaka. Just grind through it, it is all worth it in the end.

that is the problem because now i have ARP Myoko, i already lose interest with Aoba. and also i dont plan getting tier 9 or 10, the repair cost for playing those ship is too much for me.

i am going to devote my self into DD line (IJN and USSR)

Sign in to follow this