Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stein_Grenadier

Plane Distribution Charts

16 comments in this topic

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Table link, contributors welcome. Work in progress.

Kindly identify yourself by placing your name in the corner once you make edits so I can list you as a contributor.

Translations welcome.

Currently unfinished with:

• Table aesthetics
  • Miscellaneous subdata
  • Captain skill reload rates

Currently finished with:

• Flight mods
  • Plane reload times
  • Planes per squadron per plane type per carrier are fully loaded
  • Reserves for Aerial Supremacy Added
  • Sortie times tweaked
  • Individual/whole plane replacement times added

Currently in need of:

• Saipan Captains
  • Subdata-collecting monkeys

Contributors:

• Me. *Clap clap clap clap*
  • icy_phoenix - Glorious Saipan Owner
  • Some random anon who didn't identify him/her/itself

EU Contributors:

• Kurbain
Edited by Stein_Grenadier

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

For plane type distribution, just get their ratio (2/2/2 is 1:1:1 ratio, etc) then Hangar capacity / 3 = N, then N x ratio.

For runway time(take off), i think it's flat 10 sec? For landing, I haven't really measured it, but I think there is a flat time/squad when the "arrow downs/final approach" appear and number of planes in squad doesn't matter.

For reload, i think it depends of plane type AND number of plane/squad, this is why IJN has faster reload and it's why when you have few planes remaining, you reload fast.

Edited by Deicide

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

For plane type distribution, just get their ratio (2/2/2 is 1:1:1 ratio, etc) then Hangar capacity / 3 = N, then N x ratio.

For reload, i think it depends of plane type AND number of plane/squad, this is why IJN has faster reload and it's why when you have few planes remaining, you reload fast.

Refer to Zuiho. Despite swapping a DB squadron for a TB one, rather than making it 8/14/8, it turned into 8/15/7.

This is enough to make me uncertain with how the planes are distributed.

For the reload, I simply put in the rearm times in the in-game stats section in the port. I did say base, after all.

For runway time(take off), i think it's flat 10 sec

Under that consideration, swapped "Sortie time" with "Replacement time". If one, more planes or an entire squadron gets eliminated, this lists the rate of replenishment.

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

784 posts
4,856 battles

Refer to Zuiho. Despite swapping a DB squadron for a TB one, rather than making it 8/14/8, it turned into 8/15/7.

This is enough to make me uncertain with how the planes are distributed.

For the reload, I simply put in the rearm times in the in-game stats section in the port. I did say base, after all.

I can only comment on the plane ratios.

Zuiho with upgraded flight module has 4/8/4 planes in the air, and with 30 planes, 8/15/7 would be the reasonable total plane distribution. You'll have 1 reserve squadron for every squadron in the air in that case (except for 1 TB/DB squadron having one less plane since ideally needs 32 planes to get that kind of reserve numbers).

It's usually just a computation on what flight mod they have to what planes they can have in the air at a time. For IJN by 4 and USN by 6 with the priority of FT > TB > DB for the remainders if you see them by planes. (You can also just use the number of squadrons and distribute it from there: Zuiho = 1/2/1. 30/4 = 7 remainder 2. Multiply loadout by 7 = 7/14/7 then distribute the remainder by priority resulting in = 8/15/7)

(Just an assumption though)

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I can only comment on the plane ratios.

Zuiho with upgraded flight module has 4/8/4 planes in the air, and with 30 planes, 8/15/7 would be the reasonable total plane distribution. You'll have 1 reserve squadron for every squadron in the air in that case (except for 1 TB/DB squadron having one less plane since ideally needs 32 planes to get that kind of reserve numbers).

It's usually just a computation on what flight mod they have to what planes they can have in the air at a time. For IJN by 4 and USN by 6 with the priority of FT > TB > DB for the remainders if you see them by planes. (You can also just use the number of squadrons and distribute it from there: Zuiho = 1/2/1. 30/4 = 7 remainder 2. Multiply loadout by 7 = 7/14/7 then distribute the remainder by priority resulting in = 8/15/7)

(Just an assumption though)

I've already included assumptions in the chart based on ratios obtained from hangar capacity divided by the number of squadrons as a filler, however, it would be nicer if I got actual raw data from either screenshots or direct references.

Anyone know where I can test ships without having to enter a public/co-op battle?

359 posts
2,819 battles

I've already included assumptions in the chart based on ratios obtained from hangar capacity divided by the number of squadrons as a filler, however, it would be nicer if I got actual raw data from either screenshots or direct references.

Anyone know where I can test ships without having to enter a public/co-op battle?

Training room

784 posts
4,856 battles

Necro'ing this thread.

In my recent USN CV excursions, I seem to notice that the reload times of the planes aren't really affected by "Flight Modification 1" on the second upgrade slot which gives "-10% aircraft servicing time".

I tried to verify it with your table but then again, I remembered that the tier of the planes through upgrades affect the reload/replacement by a lot so I'm not sure what value they were exactly before/after the upgrade. (Example was Langley FTs. Unupgraded, they can launch way before the TB squadron. But when upgraded, they are way behind the TB squadron during start of the match)

tl;dr : Does Flight Modification 1 which gives "-10% aircraft servicing time" really work? If it doesn't, does it affect other things and is like a typo with that of the first upgrade slot which says "+10% effectiveness of aircraft guns" but in reality gives "+10% Aircraft HP"?

784 posts
4,856 battles

Necro'ing this thread.

In my recent USN CV excursions, I seem to notice that the reload times of the planes aren't really affected by "Flight Modification 1" on the second upgrade slot which gives "-10% aircraft servicing time".

I tried to verify it with your table but then again, I remembered that the tier of the planes through upgrades affect the reload/replacement by a lot so I'm not sure what value they were exactly before/after the upgrade. (Example was Langley FTs. Unupgraded, they can launch way before the TB squadron. But when upgraded, they are way behind the TB squadron during start of the match)

tl;dr : Does Flight Modification 1 which gives "-10% aircraft servicing time" really work? If it doesn't, does it affect other things and is like a typo with that of the first upgrade slot which says "+10% effectiveness of aircraft guns" but in reality gives "+10% Aircraft HP"?

Self-quoting.

Nevermind my inquiry. Managed to find relevant information which gave me an incentive to actually try the upgrade myself and it seems to be working as intended that it does reduce reloading time by 10%.

The point on the mis-typed tooltip for the first upgrade slot which SHOULD mean "+10% Aircraft HP" still stands though.

784 posts
4,856 battles

I'll shamelessly beg ask of you to gib data on the USN CVs.

I'm only up to Ranger though.:)

For the table, there's different tiering for planes which have their own values so I can't really input anything more appropriate if the grouping is by CV tier rather than plane type. I'll add what I can :honoring:

Sign in to follow this