Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

can 2 iowa,1 atago and 1derpitz change 2 yamato&1 montana and win?

33 members have voted

1. 1. could we have won

• yes
    • no
    • hell no

39 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

i dont usually rant here IN the forum but this time i just cant hold my temper, so this is what went down

so it was a fubar MM with 2 yamatos, 1 montana and 1 iowa on the other team. and 1 yamato(which was on the other side of the map)2 iowas, and me as a tirpitz on ours. 

all of their BBs, 1 zao and 1 DM spawned in from of their  base(on the top of the map) and on our side(below their base) was 2 iowas, 1 tirpitz, shimakaze(i think he spawned with us) and a atago. so since we were massively out gunned, we decided to play peekaboo with the yammys and montana while our teammates on the other end of the map decided to yolo and make a push, they died.

well long story short we lost our iowa, shima and iowa pretty quick because they vetured out out the islands too much, and then was when this guy playing morgami(which is quite famous for ranting in this forum) started ranting about how we were noobs, how we should just go back home and how us 6 noob ships cant beat 4(he really needs to get his eye checked) and things like that

when i asked him what great advice he had, he said "group and rush them" "cap their base "yamato has 30s reload you can beat him" "point your bow at them and push until you can use your torps" 

and now i ask you fellow forum members, if we had pushed, could we have possibly won like he said or is this just another example of ranters who have no idea on how to play this game saying stupid things?

wtf.png

i edited his name from the picture so i hope it dosnt count as name and shame

wtf.png

Edited by drakon233

590 posts
2,995 battles

Hard Hard call - 

I took out a Yamato in my Chapyev doing something similar, pushing hard, avoiding his shots and torping him. 

If your team had of co-ordinated better, probably. But you would of taken losses. I would put your odds at about 45% to win :P

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

the yamatos weren't facing us, they were moving slowly towards the middle, and the montana was at the top of the map waiting for us to come out, if we had tried to charge out, we would have been under a cross fire between 2 yamatos and 1 montana

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Why don't ya just tell them it was me.

well 4 of us had pushed the right side of hot spot from the south side to the north as the enemy had left that side open as they all sailed over to their cap in the north of the map.

Now  3 cruisers and 1 DD made it all the way to B 8-9 area of the map just about as far north as you can go, Now as soon as the enemy new we where at that area,  6-7 enemy ships all started to sail over to that side of the map to hunt us 3 cruisers and  1DD down and thus leaving 3 battleships defending the base.

So basically the other 8 ships on my team sat behind the islands and sniped, while 6-7 of the enemy ships left their base to chase down 4 ships.

SO instead of taking the advantage of out numbering the enemy ships they did nothing and thus lost the battle pretty easy, And I guess that's why your win rate is only 51% as you got no idea how to attack or take advantage of a situation in battle.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

the yamatos weren't facing us, they were moving slowly towards the middle, and the montana was at the top of the map waiting for us to come out, if we had tried to charge out, we would have been under a cross fire between 2 yamatos and 1 montana

And how slow is the gun rotation on the Yamato ? I'm sure you would of got close enough to torp them b4 they had a chance of turning their guns.

And isn't it better to try and win a battle rather than just sit there and wait to lose?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Hard Hard call - 

I took out a Yamato in my Chapyev doing something similar, pushing hard, avoiding his shots and torping him. 

If your team had of co-ordinated better, probably. But you would of taken losses. I would put your odds at about 45% to win :P

yes it is possible to rush a BB and torp him with his long reload and slow moving guns and turn rate etc

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

first of all, montana was always in the back waiting for us to come out, and by the time that they had started to sail at you,we had already lost the zao and shimakaze, not to mention that yamato could outrun us and was 13miles away from where we would be able to comeout, that's more then enough time to aim

and if you want to comapare stats check out my friend's at http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html. ranked number one in NC

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

first of all, montana was always in the back waiting for us to come out, and by the time that they had started to sail at you,we had already lost the zao and shimakaze, not to mention that yamato could outrun us and was 13miles away from where we would be able to comeout, that's more then enough time to aim

and if you want to comapare stats check out my friend's at http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/index.html. ranked number one in NC

well we not talking about ya friend stats, we are talking about you and your play style in the game.

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

there was no chance of us winning after we lost both the zao and the shimakaze in the first 5 minuets,  they had both BB and CA advantage and you saw how our essex got steamrolled by their taiho. believe me, i want to win just as much as the next guy, but there was no chance of us winning at all, go back and check the replay to see for your self how much of a chance we had

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Depends on the player, Module, Map, Strategy, teamwork, communication and LUCK!

"luck, sir?"

"yes, luck!"

otherwise, hard to call, Iowa have good armor, some say better than Montana

783 posts
4,815 battles

Depends on the player, Module, Map, Strategy, teamwork, communication and LUCK!

"luck, sir?"

"yes, luck!"

otherwise, hard to call, Iowa have good armor, some say better than Montana

Iowa is the only T9/10 BB that has bow armor that can prevent the overmatch from a Yamato's 18 inch shells so tanking an enemy Yamato in an Iowa is more viable that doing it in a Montana.

As for both drakon and yobbo, can anyone upload the replay? A lot of the situation can't be conveyed in just words but I'm personally leaning on yobbo's side for now.

At face value for the poll question, I'd still say yes.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Its about reading the mini map and using ya brain to best use a situation and taking advantage of having numbers in your favour.

too  many players lose  cuz they are always running away.

Super Tester
1,310 posts

first.. u have gearing and shimakaze..

if only those 2 played their role good.. u can win..

second.. tirpitz... she got BEST frontal armour in the game.. that not even yamato gun can auto-pen the angled tirpitz (CMIIW)

in all seriousness... if ur team played good.. ur team have chance to win.. especially with 2 tier 10 DD in ur side..

dont u know that most BB afraind of zao and shimakaze? and dont forget gearing.

then again.. its back to the player... and their Luck

Edited by ReNation

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,557 battles

like i said, by the time that their yamatos lead their main fleet away towards yobbo's side, we had already lost the zao and shima and the rest of  of us were too banged up to make a push (one iowa blew up just as yobbo was telling us to push) gearing was on yobbo's side doing what i dont really know, and yamato traveled to the middle of the map to get gang banged by the 2 yamatos, dm,zao and iowa. and in the end i did charge their fleet because it was too late to turn away from Montana without getting broadsided, i got 10k taken off of me from the bow by the yamato, montana nailed me from the side for 1.9k a and the last yamato sniped me for another 10k. 

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

and FYI, our essex gave no eyes from the skies, so we didnt know where was their ship half the time, just what ships were there

stop crying about CVs not giving you scouts. Essex is doing its job killing enemy planes from that screenshot. As a CV player I always cringe when i see a complain like this.

15 posts
20 battles

If the enemy Yamato players were both horrible, then maybe yes you could have won. Otherwise, nope, Yamato easily overmatch Iowa bow armour, so as long as the two Yamato players were semi-decent they would have had no problems winning. 

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,030 battles

You should ask "Can 2 of Iowa's,1 Atago and 1 Tirpitz defeat 2 of Yamato's and 1 Montana?"

Iowa front bow too weak can't against with braodside. Montana has balanced of armor and not strong penetrade like Yamato but good chance for shooting with 4 turret.

I expect that not quite to win

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Sign in to follow this