You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PoiShigu

Plan on grinding for ARP Haguro , which ship is best job for?

21 comments in this topic

2 posts
407 battles

Just start playing WoWS around 3 weeks, I already clear Kirishima mission. Now plan on Haguro mission but did't have any tier 7 ship. I grind German CA line for tier V but didn't sure it will do job for tier 7. Any suggestion on other tech line? 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,175 battles

Not Mahan. That thing is not newbie friendly at all. In fact, that is probably the worst tier VII destroyer in the game. 

My best recommendation is: Buy Lo Yang. She is basically a premium Benson (She is Benson after all) and Benson is the best all-round destroyer at tier VIII, perhaps the best destroyer in the game. With her, you can comfortably do 100+ ribbons per battle because of her lightning fast rate of fire.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Not Mahan. That thing is not newbie friendly at all. In fact, that is probably the worst tier VII destroyer in the game. 

My best recommendation is: Buy Lo Yang. She is basically a premium Benson (She is Benson after all) and Benson is the best all-round destroyer at tier VIII, perhaps the best destroyer in the game. With her, you can comfortably do 100+ ribbons per battle because of her lightning fast rate of fire.

Mahan is the blacksheep in USN DDs. Probably because it's before the gun RoF upgrade at benson. It is also has worse handling than benson and farragut. Only good thing is her torps. Benson is good overall except for her torps.

If you have fat wallet, you can get Atlanta, although i don't recommend dropping a lot of money in this game. Tier 7 German CA Yorck is not really good at that mission. Since mahan is quite difficult to master, go to the Russian ships either the DD and CA will do.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Kiev best ship for it. Hands down. 130+ ribbons every single game without fail, win or lose.

Edited by Kleiss

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles

Mahan is the blacksheep in USN DDs. Probably because it's before the gun RoF upgrade at benson. It is also has worse handling than benson and farragut. Only good thing is her torps. Benson is good overall except for her torps.

If you have fat wallet, you can get Atlanta, although i don't recommend dropping a lot of money in this game. Tier 7 German CA Yorck is not really good at that mission. Since mahan is quite difficult to master, go to the Russian ships either the DD and CA will do.

Yeah that right Mahan not good at all Kiev better. the shell's angle too high and slow.

I often use Mahan for make Chaos but not hope to sink any ship.

DD is the best for this Mission

331 posts
17,093 battles

I depends on the resources you have already.

it would take about 100 k xp  give or take 10 percent to go through the nurnberg depending  and 37.5 k to buy the nurnberg.

I would expect for all T6 ships that you have it would take about the same amount of xp  for each ship at that tier.

If you're willing to invest gold it becomes alot easier. It would depend how much real money you are prepared to spend

the midrange is the atlanta and loyang at around $ 45 to $50 US

if your budget can reach  $65 to $70 US then that woulb be the mikal kutuzov

and the unlimited though would be  the package with the loyang and atago

and finally premium time will give you an xp boost of  + 0.5 to your multiplier.

However T8 battles are much more difficult than those of T5 with players that are more experienced in general.

I had a look at your stats to gauge what would be the best lines it looks like the german line would get you started soonest but the Yorck itself isn't particulary well suited for getting lots of ribbons.

you want something with lots of guns high fire rate and decent survivability/ hard to hit.

the Best ships for that are all CAs and DDs. Notably

Kiev fast firing guns

Myoko 10 barrels decent AA

Then the

Pensacola this one is a bit lacking in the torp department and survivability. but unlike the others can deal with CV aircraft quite we

Yorck

Hatsaharu and Mahan.

CVs could also do in a pinch especially the air superiority ones but since you dont have one yet dont bother with them yet. it is similar for BBs

If you have anything like signals and cammo that you can use to boost your xp then by all means do it

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Just start playing WoWS around 3 weeks, I already clear Kirishima mission. Now plan on Haguro mission but did't have any tier 7 ship. I grind German CA line for tier V but didn't sure it will do job for tier 7. Any suggestion on other tech line? 

The best way to grind ARP HAGURO will by using the Cruiser class such as Light Cruiser Omaha, Cleveland, Murmansk, Konigsberg, Numberg and Heavy Cruisers Furutaka, Aoba, Pepsicola, Yorck and if can Premium Light Cruiser Atlanta will do the job also.

415 posts
10,918 battles

I did most of it in my 2 Myoko, regular one and the ARP  ... That seemed to work better than Yorck or Poo Orleans ... it's slow work in BB's and I only have 1 Tier 7 DD

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

woot, why D:

it is a big improvement from previous USN DDs

it's very good. guns are a big upgrade from the mahan. The torps are plateaued compared to the torp upgrade mahan get from farragut, or the torp upgrade it will get at fletcher. But like i said, it's very good ship overall. Torpedoes are just secondary option for a USN DD and benson is still the most versatile DD in her tier.