Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

Pensicola hit box

20 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

ok I was told how seriously bad this floating citadel was, but gave it a try ... head on snaking towards enemy BB at range I take 2 rounds from its salvo and I have like a few hundred hp left from full health, next shot I die .. is the hit box a grid square?  no point even trying to angle this thing .. and why less health than a tier 6 clev?  its like a step back from even the nerfed clev ...   how did US cruisers go downhill so badly?

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

The Cleveland is alot more modern than the Pensacola. You just have to accept it. She has massive citadel and flimsy armor, but excellent rudder shift time so take advantage of that. 

Beta Tester
86 posts
6,093 battles

except angling makes no difference .. the flag seems to be a citadel  ... just hitting "enter battle" sets fires and flooding, your lucky to make the countdown to start without sinking

15 posts
20 battles

for the Pensacola, try to stay a bit further back, use your superior AP to hit targets that are broadside to you. use your HE when targets are angled. Don't sail in straight lines, constantly weave in and out. Pensacola requires you to be evasive while using your great guns to do damage.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

You don't angle with cruisers, you dodge shells.. Once you hit T7 you'll start seeing 16" shells flying around and if you didn't do any attempt to evade them lets just hope your crew already prepared the lifeboats.. This applied to all cruisers not just Cola-Cola..

Cola-Cola had an impressive rudder shift time and radius so make good use of those A and D key.. Load AP and punish broadsiding cruisers with citadels

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

Welcome iChase and our servers very own Eurobeat (everytime I dioge torps I get that tune stuck in my head!!!)

Back to topic, the Pensacola has some of the best guns at tier 7 that hit hard and allow the ship to fire while heavily angled (use that rudder shift!). While the angling won't save you from well aimed 8" rounds or BB rounds, it should be ok for most other rounds and HE

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

for the Pensacola, try to stay a bit further back, use your superior AP to hit targets that are broadside to you. use your HE when targets are angled. Don't sail in straight lines, constantly weave in and out. Pensacola requires you to be evasive while using your great guns to do damage.

Are you the real IChase? Then what are you doing in this uncivilized server? :D

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Are you the real IChase? Then what are you doing in this uncivilized server? :D

can you not chase away the legend? Just because your position as a celebrity in the forums doesn't give you the right to mock him.... :D

33 posts
4,464 battles

You don't angle with cruisers, you dodge shells.. Once you hit T7 you'll start seeing 16" shells flying around and if you didn't do any attempt to evade them lets just hope your crew already prepared the lifeboats.. This applied to all cruisers not just Cola-Cola..

Cola-Cola had an impressive rudder shift time and radius so make good use of those A and D key.. Load AP and punish broadsiding cruisers with citadels

Hello Eurobeat!

When is your next video coming up? Wow intensifies.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Hello Eurobeat!

When is your next video coming up? Wow intensifies.

Ayy, probably at the end of this week.. I haven't got time to play much lately so i'm short on gameplay footages..

This is me last week:

d1UjxkI.gif

lel

And back to topic, OP you might want to wait until the next patch as WG seems to be buffing Cola-Cola armor

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

Both youtuber ichase and eurobeat is here. Cool.

iChase does not belong to this server, Eurobeat does. 

Gentle reminder: Don't get killed by him or you will see yourself on his next video.

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

iChase does not belong to this server, Eurobeat does. 

Gentle reminder: Don't get killed by him or you will see yourself on his next video.

Must jump into my Benson and spam torps at Eurobeat in his Torpitz (Torpedobeat intensifies!!!)

112 posts
1,431 battles

While I agree with this in theory, it is a bit hard to achieve.

Most ships I have encountered thus far with the Pensi out range her by quite a margin. And while her AP has shown itself to be rather impressive(one match gave me a 50% citadel hit rate), having to get closer than is otherwise desirable is usually hazardous to your continued well being. The good turning ability only goes so far(as a Nagato showed me the other night, one salvoed me from 18Km within 3 minutes).

It is an opportunistic hunter, best used to engage targets that are focused elsewhere.

33 posts
4,464 battles

Well, i just got rekt hard by tirpitz in one salvo when i am turning away from the enemy in OCEAN Map<---- Worse MAP ever for Pepsicola a.k.a Painsacola

i guess the only part of Pensacola that is not a citadel is its Amercian flag. -.- . *crying one corner*

Sign in to follow this