Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
chucky2

brawling cruisers

8 comments in this topic

51 posts
1,163 battles

I was wondering what was the best mid tier cruiser for brawling.

for example getting in knife fight with DDs and other cruisers.

getting close against BBs.

the furutaka did great for me and i just got the kirov .

the long range tactics of the kirov is not for me. i am after all a very terrible shot at long range

580 posts
1,587 battles

Hmmm... I've had experience with the Nurnberg as a close fighter vs. a DD and she does extremely well with those fast turning guns, and quick reloads BUT! her survivability really suffers if in close ranges versus other other cruisers because she's so squishy and with cardboard armor other players will use their AP against you with great success...

Cleveland is awesome at close range firing 12 shots if using all her 150mm guns though they could've been a bit faster to turn but not since the EM Skill Nerf... but she is very survivable with her decent armor and small Citadels... She can very much hold her own against DDs and CLs BUT! may suffer vs CAs because of their 200s...

Aoba is very reliable as well though her guns turn like a turtle so it's all about location(3x) if your up against DDs (so as not to turn the guns too much) but she makes short work versus other cruisers with her 203s as long as you don't show her broadsides though... at close range she's too easy to citadel if you do show your flat angle, BUT! her bow armor is very reliable making her a front facing attacker no matter the distance... Can't wait to earn my Myoko...

These are the things I can share as far as I know... I really don't have any T7s until I earn my Myoko to break into the T7 life...

Edited by Kreigg

783 posts
4,824 battles

If you did great on the Furutaka, continuing to the Aoba will be a much better experience for you especially on the brawling part.

Her bow is really reliable as Kreigg said and should be used frequently in angling and tanking BB salvos. She also sits low on the water so anyone targeting you at really long ranges have a hard time doing it allowing you to actually get close to other potential targets. The HE shells also do great on both BBs and DDs and having the consolation torps is always a plus.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Furutaka and Atago

Both have Torpedo with frontal Arc that means you can charge to enemy to knife fight with it

also their Turret Turning speed are fastest among the IJN Heavy Cruiser

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

I was wondering what was the best mid tier cruiser for brawling.

for example getting in knife fight with DDs and other cruisers.

getting close against BBs.

the furutaka did great for me and i just got the kirov .

the long range tactics of the kirov is not for me. i am after all a very terrible shot at long range

For USN i will recommend Omaha, Cleveland, Pepsicola and Atlanta this are the best cruiser to brawl with DD and CL/CA.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Oh I am getting used to Atlanta now, and she can actually brawl, you just have to pick the right moment to attack. 

I took out 3 ships in quick succession yesterday including a near full health myoko while I only had approx 2k HP remaining.

Sign in to follow this