Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KirstieBeau

Anshan or Murmansk or Ognevoi?

14 comments in this topic

173 posts
5,332 battles

Hi. I was thinking of purchasing my 1st premium ship. Heard a lot of good feedbacks on Murmansk. However, Anshan goes on sale, and I was torn between the two, being both a CL and DD captain. Is the Anshan much better at earning exp and free xp than murmansk? And also, is Anshan as good or better than Ognevoi, since I'm also considering buying doubloons to free xp up to Ognevoi for the RU DD line. Which of these 3 ships are a better investment?   :hmm:

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Murmansk is a Omaha with 8km torpedoes and a spotter plane. I really like my Murmansk, she's a beast at tier 5.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If you buy Murmansk, you can use and train your RU commanders in it including your future Ognevoi commander. If you buy Anshan, you can't use it to train any other commander except for itself and Lo Yang.

So, if you're looking for long term returns, buy Murmansk (or any RU premium). If you're looking for fun instead and feel that Anshan (which is really an improved Gnevny at tier VI) would provide you with such fun, get the Anshan.

173 posts
5,332 battles

If you buy Murmansk, you can use and train your RU commanders in it including your future Ognevoi commander. If you buy Anshan, you can't use it to train any other commander except for itself and Lo Yang.

So, if you're looking for long term returns, buy Murmansk (or any RU premium). If you're looking for fun instead and feel that Anshan (which is really an improved Gnevny at tier VI) would provide you with such fun, get the Anshan.

THanks for the answers. I wonder if I had a fully-trained commander on my Murmansk and transfer it to the Ognevoi, will he still be subjected to retraining? I don't want to endure retraining on DDs especially without situational awareness.

Edited by KirstieBeau

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

If the commander was trained for Murmansk, then yes you will need to retrain him to the Ognevoi. But once he is trained for the Ognevoi, you can use him on the Murmansk without retraining or penalty. It's better to just use an existing RU commander (I assume you already have one) on the Murmansk without retraining and later retrain him for Ognevoi once you've bought it.

580 posts
1,587 battles

Do note that the Anshan is but a Gremy but with T6 MM so she may a bit tough for a first premium ship... The Murmansk however doesn't have any hitches at all... She makes for an awesome ship hands down..

173 posts
5,332 battles

Aargh! I wanted the Kiev so badly, but if the Anshan was as good as Kiev at peppering battleships with HE at range, I might as well get Anshan instead of grinding Ognevoi to get Kiev. But if not, I might as well stick with the long-term solution of buying the Murmansk and free xp to Kiev. 

173 posts
5,332 battles

Do note that the Anshan is but a Gremy but with T6 MM so she may a bit tough for a first premium ship... The Murmansk however doesn't have any hitches at all... She makes for an awesome ship hands down..

You're right. I love Omaha when I got it and regretted selling it to get the Cleveland. I just love doing lots of incremental damage instead of a one-shot big-shot alpha damage that BBs provide. That's why I'm torn between DD gunboats like Anshan and HE-spamming cruisers like Murmansk. :)

451 posts
6,946 battles

The anshan is a challenging ship to play, it is not suitable for beginners. However iirc it has a 100% bonus to free xp gained 

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

Murmansk is a great ship for beginner. Doesn't require much skill to use her as long as you maintain a good distance. She can out range pretty much every tier IV and some tier V. 

Anshan... Not a bad little ship. Still, i prefer my Gremyashchy. Anshan can not invisible fire unless you have advanced firing training on her captain while Gremy can. The main advantage of her over Ognevoi is that she has 4x1 instead of 2x2, so you don't have 50% firepower taken away when one of your turret is knocked out. Better torps means you can either play as torp boat if you have all of your guns blown up. 

580 posts
1,587 battles

Thank you for all the advice. Looks like I'm taking the scenic route. I'm getting the Murmansk. but not today, as the battleship training event is ongoing.:ohmy:

I dunno... If you played the Murmaid as a support ship helping BBs, you can actually take down a BB or two... Her raw HE damage is quite something I tell ya (She even has a good Fire Chance)... Heck, I know I've taken focus fire instead of the BB right next to me... :teethhappy: You can really not suck with the Murmaid, she's fast, punchy, small, and turret traverse isn't an issue because of her casemate guns... but NO PRESSURE, she's not those premium ships that go on sale for a limited time so do what you think is prudent...
Edited by Kreigg

Sign in to follow this