Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

USN Saipan Fighters

21 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,102 battles

So supposedly the fighters on the Saipan are tier IX, so can anyone please explain why my full squadrons lose to a BB or cruiser launched single fighter?

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,102 battles

Not losing to AA I am losing whole complete squadrons to a BB or cruiser launched single fighter, and I am talking all 3 squadrons grouped together attacking the single fighter aircraft.

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

Not losing to AA I am losing whole complete squadrons to a BB or cruiser launched single fighter, and I am talking all 3 squadrons grouped together attacking the single fighter aircraft.

You're telling me that you're engaging a ship-launched catapult fighter outside of that ship's AA range?

Did the Arkansas finally get a recon plane?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Ships have AA guns.

783 posts
4,826 battles

So supposedly the fighters on the Saipan are tier IX, so can anyone please explain why my full squadrons lose to a BB or cruiser launched single fighter?

Depends actually on what AA bubble you are dealing with. It's quite common to lose under multiple ships and is quite possible when the ship controlling the float fighter has good AA (or AA-specced).

I've seen Essex(with T5 cap perk) Fighters get beaten by a Tirpitz float fighter before so it isn't out of the realm of possibility, just unlikely. (I feel for the Essex cap)

If the float fighter also manages to 'survive' until your ammo runs out, it's automatically a loss unless the ship goes out of range.

28 posts
919 battles

Well these BB and CA/CL have AA to assist them yknow. You probably lost those fighters from the ship's AA as well not just their launched aircraft. 

Some tips coming from me, is to watch what kind of ships your planes fly past, and dont just send them to an auto location. Maneuvering is a thing, make sure your planes are also all over the place so its harder to strafe/shoot down. 

Please dont fly past cruisers that have demon AA like the Atlanta.. I own an Atlanta and i can shoot down 2 full squadrons of planes while sitting beside a BB almost effortlessly and CV players hate me for that :trollface:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

say, tier 9 consist of 3 with 5000 heath will go down faster than a squadron of six with 3000 health or not?

Super Tester
1,310 posts

say, tier 9 consist of 3 with 5000 heath will go down faster than a squadron of six with 3000 health or not?

no.. it will go down harder..

since the calculation is based on EACH plane. not squadron.. so more hp for each plane mean tankier squadron

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Remember, AA guns is NOT DPS (damage per sec), but rather "Chance to shoot down a plane per sec" all based on the total damage of the AA guns and the HP of the target plane.

And since Saipan only has 3 planes by default, it only takes 3 successful "kill" rolls to kill a squadron.

Edited by Windforce

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

no.. it will go down harder..

since the calculation is based on EACH plane. not squadron.. so more hp for each plane mean tankier squadron

our statements are quite unclear

we can use this one:

Remember, AA guns is NOT DPS (damage per sec), but rather "Chance to shoot down a plane per sec" all based on the total damage of the AA guns and the HP of the target plane.

And since Saipan only has 3 planes by default, it only takes 3 successful "kill" rolls to kill a squadron.:hiding:

Super Tester
1,310 posts

our statements are quite unclear

we can use this one:

indeed.... only 3 successfull roll needed,

but getting that roll is harded coz the chance is lower..

200 AA vs 1000 hp plane = 20% chance to shoot it down

200 AA vs 1200 hp plane = 17% chance to shoot it down

but still. AA defensive fire from USN should be able to fend it off easily 

Edited by ReNation

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

It must be an ace pilot I guess D:

RNG just decided to ruin your life.

Edited by R3negade

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The catapult fighter is locking down your CVs fighter and then your fighters are getting shot down by the ships AA. If you're within range of a catapult fighter, you're going to be in range of a AA

Welcome to SEA Chase :P

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yeah I have lost a squadron of saipan fighters to a catapult bb plane on several occasions myself.

Apparently those players have the extra 10% performance for each tier of difference, making the saipan fighters up to 40% less effective, and the enemy fighters up to 40% more effective.

Wait...that's 80%. I hope they didn't code it this way.

[LBAS]
4,501 posts
25,685 battles

I got a match with Saipan is foe, my Myoko shoot down 17 Saipan's planes.

That is IJN CA, KMS CA and US CA............. you have no more planes to play

Sign in to follow this