Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Apex1o1

DD Kamikaze Tactics

11 comments in this topic

211 posts
9,928 battles

Bit shocked that in T8, a Destroyer would still do this.

Charging into my Benson at point blank range with a Fubuki trying to get that torpedo kill while i'm hiding in smoke lol

Come on man, its T8, Rather than going for the T2/3 Tactic that will result in a kill trade why not just launch the Torpedo's into the smoke screen and live to fight another battle?

149 posts

Bit shocked that in T8, a Destroyer would still do this.

Charging into my Benson at point blank range with a Fubuki trying to get that torpedo kill while i'm hiding in smoke lol

Come on man, its T8, Rather than going for the T2/3 Tactic that will result in a kill trade why not just launch the Torpedo's into the smoke screen and live to fight another battle?

I do this all the time....but never in a ijn dd..they are too weak for a close quarter combat

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,759 battles

I do this reasonably often in the higher tiers, but only in specific circumstances.  If I have cruiser support fairly close by to assist with fire when I spot the DD, and I am not putting myself in a position to take excessive enemy fire from other ships in the vicinity.  I will approach so that when we spot each other I am broadside on while they are beam on to me, so that I can bring all my guns to bear, and they can't launch torps or fire all their guns without turning, which takes a while from a stationary start.  Generally it's a pretty easy kill if you analyse the situation correctly and execute well.

Most importantly though, I will normally only do this if I am in a US or Russian DD - IJN DD's I will generally torp, unless of course we massively outnumber the enemy DD.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

some might think that if they can bring down an enemy with them, then they already help the team.....

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Kamikaze is tier 5

#blur

#facepalm 

Tier V is "Kamikaze R"

:P

Edited by XP_On

211 posts
9,928 battles

I do this reasonably often in the higher tiers, but only in specific circumstances.  If I have cruiser support fairly close by to assist with fire when I spot the DD, and I am not putting myself in a position to take excessive enemy fire from other ships in the vicinity.  I will approach so that when we spot each other I am broadside on while they are beam on to me, so that I can bring all my guns to bear, and they can't launch torps or fire all their guns without turning, which takes a while from a stationary start.  Generally it's a pretty easy kill if you analyse the situation correctly and execute well.

Most importantly though, I will normally only do this if I am in a US or Russian DD - IJN DD's I will generally torp, unless of course we massively outnumber the enemy DD.

I guess its just me, usually just stalk around the smoke screen to catch them when they leave, Torps Usually flush them out if not kill.

With Vigilance on all my DD's i just like to keep around 5 km between them and myself.

Too much risk involved IMO, unless they're firing you cannot be sure on their positioning and if they're using guns you know exactly where to send the torps.

Edited by Apex1o1

Sign in to follow this