Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Pseudoscope

Battleship Tanking Rewards

3 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,590 battles

Hi, 

Just had a game in the Kongo (30kts of beautiful speed) and once again I was the BB to push up with the cruisers tanking damage, whilst the numerous Kirishima's sat back 'sniping'. At one point I got down to 3k health, whilst the friendly battleships maybe dipped to 40k if they were lucky. At the ending screen I was ahead by ~100 experience, when I'm certain without me the cruiser pack I was shepherding would have died and we may have lost. 

Now I know there is the dreadnought medal for tanking and doing your job. However I do not feel this is enough of a reward for those of us who understand the reason bb's are given heals. Every now and then I end up in a match with a BB that knows how to play, I tank, I back-off, he tanks and we have a blast!

Ships should be rewarded for playing their role. 

Can we look at rewarding BB's for taking consistent damage throughout the round?

153 posts
3,262 battles

That is difficult to calculate... What if you as a BB player took a lot of plane damage and died in the 1st 5 minutes.. What have you exactly tanked?

What sort of criteria are we looking at?

Edit: I support in rewarding and recognizing good plays, but I think the scope of giving the reward should be more clearly defined

Edited by RenaricFox

Beta Tester
45 posts
6,590 battles

Right well the logic for receiving a experience/credit would go something like this: 

1 - Ship must take ~20% damage or sustain 40 hits/deflects every 5 minutes throughout 3/4 of the game. 

The idea behind these numbers is that BB's can be slow, and it is unlikely that in the first 5 minutes it is even possible to be in range of enemy. Secondly requiring them to maintain this damage throughout the game means that BB's that only take damage because their team mates (meatsheild) dies, do not benefit (ie, 60% damage in the last 5minutes should not be rewarded). I've not put too much thought into the 20%/40 hits/deflects  and this would need to be adjusted. However I do feel that maintaining a solid incoming damage throughout the match be a requirement. 

If the BB gets carrier sniped or DD sniped or citadel'd to the bottom of the ocean I feel the captain is either inexperience or ended up in a bad situation. No reward should be given. 

Edited by Pseudoscope

Sign in to follow this