Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Commander_Dusty

Add Heroic Resistance Award in game please

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,922 battles

As quoted from my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/4f5eqd/add_courageous_resistance_award_to_game_please/

So this issue hasn't been brought up much, perhaps because many players to this game are new or haven't played World of Tanks, but I feel that this game is missing a vital achievement/award that rewards individual excellence and reduces frustrations.

In World of Tanks, there is an achievement called "Courageous Resistance" which basically rewards individual players of a losing team the same credits and experience as that of a victory as long as they managed to do well in battle and earn specific achievements such as Top Gun (6 kills), Confederate, High Calibre (most damage) etc etc. That way it will encourage players to do the best they can even in a losing game and reduce frustration from excellent players who have to put up with the realities of online gaming...bad teams

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Q&A. Source

Q. It's rather infuriating that even when I do well in a battle, I lose because my team is bad. It's not uncommon that I end in first place, having 1.5 or 2 times the exp of the second player. I think it's quite unfair I should be penalized by the randomness of which team I'm on. Wouldn't it be more interesting to award players depending on their place on the final screen? For instance, the top player receives credits and xp equal to 100% of what a victory would give him. The second player receives 92%, third, 84%, and so on until the last player receives 8%. Players then would be encouraged to do well in the battle and not be carried by their team. What do you think?

A. The idea seems interesting and I passed it on to the developers in charge of profiles and statistics. Thank you!

Pray it happens, +1

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

I tip my hat to you, sir! :honoring:

I hope they'll listen. :)

Edited by EJL

108 posts
467 battles

Definitely agree. I know that some of us players experienced our best moments in a losing game and it disappoints us (and irritates as well) that after what all we did in that particular game wasn't really enough to carry noob players. Credits and more EXP please, just to give credit to those abled players. If "Courageous Resistance" will be implemented, do you think it should only be for losing games and not for winning games? Just a thought. :)

[BRU]
279 posts
2,079 battles

If "Courageous Resistance" will be implemented, do you think it should only be for losing games and not for winning games? Just a thought. :)

In WoT it's awarded to the top achiever (i.e., player that earned lots of achievements, damage, etc.) of the losing team AFAIK.

Sign in to follow this