Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Muds_Revenge

Islands "grabbing" the salvos

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

This has been an issue since alpha, but I'm sure when an enemy ship goes behind an island that my ship can easily fire over, and the enemy ship is still seen, and targeted, the island will "grab" onto the salvo and pull it down, as if I was aiming at the island, while the enemy ship sails safely behind the island.

It seems to be worse with the latest patch, and for ships with a high arc trajectory, this should be a legitimate tactic to hit an enemy ship, who seeks the safety of the island, which is also a legitimate tactic and often used.

Enemy will also use islands as a peek and boo tactic, and it's working because my shots are being "grabbed" by the islands instead of firing over into the enemy ships. 

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Know issue. Yeah, quiet disappointing having your Battleship guns aimed at the enemy (behind the mountains) & only to be caught/magnetized by soil. :sceptic:

334 posts
13,016 battles

Actually I dont think it is just islands I have noticed any high arc trajectory shells a lot of them fall just short of what your aiming at. I always thought it was just my aiming but now you mention the island problem I think it was always when the target is near an island not just on the other side. I will try to take more notice in future to confirm.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Two other things I can think of:

If you have one target locked but are aiming at another that is closer or further away,it takes the range of the locked target into account.I have noticed it a few times when I am switching between firing at 2 or more targets in a row.Could be why you noticed it when no islands around.

Also make sure you are taking into account if the target is moving away or toward you,at small angles it could be enough to throw your aim off.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I always use this when aiming behind an island (with a ship locked).

Move your cursor above the island and slowly move is down behind the island and gauge the lead and shoot.

Sign in to follow this