You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

I'd rather play chess than tier 7 and higher

83 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

Seriously, I fail to see how anyone can find the high tiers exciting and fun, never have I encountered a more mundane, boring and brain numbing experience.

Hardly anybody moves for the first 5 minutes and when they finally do it's no more than 2 grid squares forward and then 3 backwards with most trying to hide behind Islands or snipe from 20 kms away for fear of getting their shiny ship scratched.

So for the sake of my sanity, when I'm playing tier 5 please don't put me in a match with these bunch of cowards that populate the higher tiers.

Spare me the usual excuses of "it's due to the high ship repair cost" or "that's how the MM works" crap, either fix both or give me the option of a longer queue time that will guarantee I do not get matched with girls.

End of rant for now.

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles

...that will guarantee I do not get matched with girls.

Blatantly sexist and generally offensive.  Why would girls be any better or worse at this game than anyone else?

As for your general point, I agree that the tier 10 meta is bad, but they are working on fixing it as you can see from some of the changes last patch and the upcoming changes in 0.5.5.  Tiers 7-9 however are generally great fun to play though, it's only when you add Yamatos and Shimakazes to the mix that everyone hangs at the back.

753 posts
8,965 battles

This guy is definitely friend of yobbo!

I'd gladly call yobbo a friend, at least he has the strength of character to speak his mind regarding the various shortcomings of this game unlike the non-constructive and trolling comments you are associated with.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

This guy is definitely friend of yobbo!

now, that you said it

it has been awhile since the last time he posted something 

359 posts
2,819 battles

@NguyenArchitakuVN

@Harpoon01

Do you have to tempting fate, I mean yobbo, that badly lol

Opps, already off topic

Ok.  On topic, glad I have some thing to put in

I just comment in NA forum from watching certain replay, that I will not find that particular game fun to play. People group up and shooting behind island. One Yamato in the video seem to agree. He suicide in close, then after died, say this should stop

No xp in high tier myself

Watched the video below. Certain mod got pick on in forum, in game, and on youtube. Yes

Edited by Hero_of_Zero

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

Do we play on a different server or something?

I don`t see these 'everyone stays still' kind of matches very often and almost all of my games from the past 2 months are on Fletcher or Shimakaze.

Maybe its because YOU can`t do anything?

753 posts
8,965 battles

Do we play on a different server or something?

I don`t see these 'everyone stays still' kind of matches very often and almost all of my games from the past 2 months are on Fletcher or Shimakaze.

Maybe its because YOU can`t do anything?

Yes we must play on a different server because every match where I unfortunately get tier 7 it is as I described and because NOBODY does anything it means that I'M the only one that does something.

Then when everyone sees me advancing it's the same old "oh good, we'll follow him" yet 2 grids back, that is of course until a lone solitary enemy is spotted then it's a full retreat.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,155 battles

I'd gladly call yobbo a friend, at least he has the strength of character to speak his mind regarding the various shortcomings of this game unlike the non-constructive and trolling comments you are associated with.

I agree. But at least he is a good player. Look at yourself first, sir.

753 posts
8,965 battles

idk man but i really having fun in high tier game... maybe staying with low tier and enjoy the game is the way for you i guess, do what you love :P

That is what I do but most of the time I'm lumped into tier 7, if I wanted to play tier 7 then I would field a tier 7 ship.

753 posts
8,965 battles

I can't recall mentioning here that I'm a good player and have stated in other threads that I'm average at best but thanks for confirming my original appraisal of you. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

Adding to that, have u met the shimakaze? U probably never will though...pfft

Edited by Kleiss

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

Is it wrong for me to say this:

Tier 4-6: Low cost, scrub-populated with little to no experience of strategy, yolos everywhere, seal clubbing for experienced players, team melt % high.

Effect: Less stress, fun to play without losing credits and a free reign in testing playstyle, but unfortunately % of having bad matches in terms of team composition is high

Tier 7-10: High ship repair cost, experienced players (to a certain extent), patience in terms of battle situation (1 mistake ends up in the port in the first 5minutes of the game, with high repair), lemming trains, campers (repair cost reasons), language barrier becomes a major factor for those who dont understand english, all you see are boxes;

Effect: High stress (depending on ship composition in terms of ship classes allocated) due to experienced players, but proves one's own skill level when pitted against other players. And people who just came back from a sunken vessel (usually) immediately go back to tier 6 or lower to earn back the lost credits back.

753 posts
8,965 battles

Well, just curious why a person with no tier VIII would ever make a rant about high tiers like this. Have you ever met a Yamato?

You don't need a tier 8 ship to meet tier 8 ships and no I have never met a Yamato.

I have some tier 6 and a couple of tier 7 ships which I rarely play due to the circumstances of my opening comment.

753 posts
8,965 battles

patience in terms of battle situation

This could very well be my problem but I rarely see any sort of structured maneuvering and positioning to achieve team work, cohesion and the eventual mission objective  

True, this can be said for the lower tiers yet I expected it even more so in the higher ones, a dedicated battle group in which each individual is aware of their ships purpose towards that group should be able to meet most circumstances quite well but it seems that as soon as an enemy is spotted it is every man for himself.

I pride myself on supporting team mates and the objective, much to my detriment at times, but this seems less evident in the higher tiers. 

I would dearly love to play with the big boys but it's just too boring and aggravating. 

Edited by Trojan63

149 posts

this guy is definitely smoking something.....lol
Edited by KNEEPAIN

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

totally agree with you.

forums are for expressing one self and saying what you feel and what things annoy you about the game

Yes some OP cant handle it.

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,472 battles

You don't need a tier 8 ship to meet tier 8 ships and no I have never met a Yamato.

I have some tier 6 and a couple of tier 7 ships which I rarely play due to the circumstances of my opening comment.

You might actually want to play tier9/10 ships before you judge high tier game play.