Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TE_Deathskyz

Welcome to World of Cruisers!

59 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles

There seems to be a lot of cruisers in the 7-10 tier queues atm.  I've been seeing regularly about 80 cruisers in queue to less than 10 of everything else for a few days now.

1,054 posts
3,918 battles

Haha...look on the bright side, at least there wasn't any CV and DD to spoil your 'fun'.

Edited by TE_Spawnster_

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Haha...look on the bright side, at least there wasn't any CV and DD to spoil your 'fun'.

Unless, the DD and CV player have their 'fun' spoiled:bajan:

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

well when you flood the tech tree with cruisers for every nation but not the other ship types, and have some good premium ships that are also cruisers, expect.....cruisers!.

I was even told the RN cruiser branch is on its way!. Surely ye jest.

783 posts
4,821 battles

well when you flood the tech tree with cruisers for every nation but not the other ship types, and have some good premium ships that are also cruisers, expect.....cruisers!.

I was even told the RN cruiser branch is on its way!. Surely ye jest.

It's literally just because of the battery and ribbon missions. Even introducing the soviet cruisers didn't raise the cruiser population that much.

I say it's kind of a good thing, I see less complaints on DD heavy MM at high tiers and getting deleted by BB rants and of course CV too OP posts since most of the ships playing games are cruisers. And in a usually cruiser vs cruiser matchup, there's not much to find fault about.

(that feel when I can't get into a game with my Shoukaku without enemies having 6+ cruisers, sad lyf)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Cruiser soft counter DD

Multiply Cruisers Hard Counter CV and soft counter fewer BB

the sky full of Fireworks rocket

580 posts
1,587 battles

If you think you're having a problem, place yourself in my T6 shoes...currently grinding to T7 but the last mission for Ribbons is making almost everyone play T7s and up... T6 MM gets me into a match after 2-3 minutes and has me ending up in a T8 match or more than often T9s!:amazed:... I'm so temtped to Free XP my way into the Myoko or Yorck but I know I need to learn more about proper CA play lest I want to shame myself:child:... I'm just looking out for this heat to die down soon:look:...

783 posts
4,821 battles

If you think you're having a problem, place yourself in my T6 shoes...currently grinding to T7 but the last mission for Ribbons is making almost everyone play T7s and up... T6 MM gets me into a match after 2-3 minutes and has me ending up in a T8 match or more than often T9s!:amazed:... I'm so temtped to Free XP my way into the Myoko or Yorck but I know I need to learn more about proper CA play lest I want to shame myself:child:... I'm just looking out for this heat to die down soon:look:...

I kind of know what you mean. Maining CVs during a cruiser season isn't working out well enough XD

580 posts
1,587 battles

I kind of know what you mean. Maining CVs during a cruiser season isn't working out well enough XD

You're forgetting DDs, another class I favor is also borderline nightmarish... One time I had a match in my T5 Minekaze only to be on the receiving end of 8 CL/CAs! Sure I sank within seconds but never have I ever seen a glorious amount of shells come at me all at once...

783 posts
4,821 battles

You're forgetting DDs, another class I favor is also borderline nightmarish... One time I had a match in my T5 Minekaze only to be on the receiving end of 8 CL/CAs! Sure I sank within seconds but never have I ever seen a glorious amount of shells come at me all at once...

Playing BBs during cruiser season is also awkward to an extent. Well, yeah I 'can' farm a cruiser or two with some luck on cits but with my too aggressive playstyle, I get rained on by HE shells by CL/CA so much I feel like being a ribbon or main battery pinata for the other players for their missions. (I get to help them out I guess?)

783 posts
4,821 battles

I don't understand, isn't it easier to farm ribbons using destroyers?

I'd have to say yes on Soviet Destroyers and high tier USN Destroyers.

But Cruisers with high enough rate of fire (Cleve for two parts, Mogami, Mikhail, Des Moines, Moskva) should be able to wrack up the ribbon farming better. Cruisers with the usual 4rpm also do it quite well and public perception favors cruisers mostly on the amount of main batter hits.

Beta Tester
1,825 posts
5,163 battles

I'd have to say yes on Soviet Destroyers and high tier USN Destroyers.

But Cruisers with high enough rate of fire (Cleve for two parts, Mogami, Mikhail, Des Moines, Moskva) should be able to wrack up the ribbon farming better. Cruisers with the usual 4rpm also do it quite well and public perception favors cruisers mostly on the amount of main batter hits.

I think it's easier to rack up ribbons using Stalin's DDs and high tier US DDs. Not only because of their fast rate of fire, much faster than average cruisers but because they do little damage to big fat battleships and also they are maneuverable and hard to hit so battleships tend to ignore destroyers and focus on cruisers shooting at them... Unless when they have nothing to shoot at. 

783 posts
4,821 battles

I think it's easier to rack up ribbons using Stalin's DDs and high tier US DDs. Not only because of their fast rate of fire, much faster than average cruisers but because they do little damage to big fat battleships and also they are maneuverable and hard to hit so battleships tend to ignore destroyers and focus on cruisers shooting at them... Unless when they have nothing to shoot at. 

They can normally I agree at that.

But with the state of World of Cruisers, gunboat DDs have lesser usual targets and their supposed predators are more in number which makes it harder to pew pew for a long period of time. It's that or as I mentioned earlier, public perception of cruisers to being the go to ship to collect main battery hits.

178 posts
2,306 battles

Sadly Cruiser is the best class in the game :3

If best class is cruiser, and best cruiser is Zao... This means Zao is best ship in game? :trollface:

Edit: Brace yourself Zao owners. I foresee a nerf in the near future.

Edited by TaikoTaiko

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Be god if WG would fix the MM though,sitting for up to 2 minutes with it showing 60+/150+ matches because it refuses to match up without DDs present is a pain!If its got enough for 3 or 4 games to go it should just do it!

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

aww plz no, zao is the worse off CA in the game, especially now that they introduced the T10 CV BC(yes it's a bloody BC and dont anyone say otherwise), zao has worst ROF and HP in T10 CAs. and now cuz there are so many CAs around, it's really hard to ninja fire. which negates it's biggest advantage of stelth

507 posts
9,828 battles

aww plz no, zao is the worse off CA in the game, especially now that they introduced the T10 CV BC(yes it's a bloody BC and dont anyone say otherwise), zao has worst ROF and HP in T10 CAs. and now cuz there are so many CAs around, it's really hard to ninja fire. which negates it's biggest advantage of stelth

How do you figure?

BTW do u have the Zao? Is that your experience?

I have it and i disagree with u.

Sign in to follow this