Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KNEEPAIN

Physics Questions related to ramming

13 comments in this topic

149 posts

1)why does our ship takes less damage when we ram a Friendly ship but it goes kaboom when we ram an enemy ship? shouldn't the same latter principle apply for both scenarios?

2)Yesterday I was playing a match with Moskva  and enemy Fletcher .I was spectating the match.Enemy DD was hiding in smoke and moskva was YOLOin towards the DDs possible smoke location.Suddenly the DD appears outta nowhere and lands 2 torps into the moskva. She detonates and her front portion of her broken hull hit the Fletcher's Hull and the DD's hull  topples sideways.Yet he came out unscratched.How is this possible?

The scenarios would have changed if the Moskva was alive(after the torp) and both would have died simultaneously.

p.s :I dont have any replays or images to support it.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

1)why does our ship takes less damage when we ram a Friendly ship but it goes kaboom when we ram an enemy ship? shouldn't the same latter principle apply for both scenarios?

You do realise the griefing potential if the same ramming effects worked on allies?

149 posts

You do realise the griefing potential if the same ramming effects worked on allies?

lol yeah...but i am curious.But how come a dead ships hull didn rekt a dd? I mean its moskva's hull vs dd hull

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

2)Yesterday I was playing a match with Moskva  and enemy Fletcher .I was spectating the match.Enemy DD was hiding in smoke and moskva was YOLOin towards the DDs possible smoke location.Suddenly the DD appears outta nowhere and lands 2 torps into the moskva. She detonates and her front portion of her broken hull hit the Fletcher's Hull and the DD's hull  topples sideways.Yet he came out unscratched.How is this possible?

The scenarios would have changed if the Moskva was alive(after the torp) and both would have died simultaneously.

p.s :I dont have any replays or images to support it.

Firstly when you die, your ship becomes "null" and any contact with it be it allied or enemy ships will deal no damage. (Remember Arcade not realistic)

Secondly, ramming damage is done very simply, You max total hp (not current) = Max damage the target can receive (not counting the Die Hard Flag), and the same way the other way, you take damage equals to the max total hp (not current) of the ship you rammed (or rammed you).

(Only exception is if you both are going as such slow speed that the damage taken is less)

Thirdly, if this was the case for BOTH friendly and allied, half your team would be dead before the first 5mins of the game, and there will be a lot of Pink players around and then this will end up as a big griefing incident.

TLDR : When you die you ship does no damage to anyone.

Edited by Windforce

149 posts

Firstly when you die, your ship becomes "null" and any contact with it be it allied or enemy ships will deal no damage. (Remember Arcade not realistic)

Secondly, ramming damage is done very simply, You max total hp (not current) = Max damage the target can receive (not counting the Die Hard Flag), and the same way the other way, you take damage equals to the max total hp (not current) of the ship you rammed (or rammed you).

(Only exception is if you both are going as such slow speed that the damage taken is less)

Thirdly, if this was the case for BOTH friendly and allied, half your team would be dead before the first 5mins of the game, and there will be a lot of Pink players around and then this will end up as a big griefing incident.

TLDR : When you die you ship does no damage to anyone.

Thanks for the quick response.So i guess my ships Dead body is of no use.

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

Thanks for the quick response.So i guess my ships Dead body is of no use.

Not entirely true, it can be used as a momentary piece of cover from torps and shells...for both sides :teethhappy:

1,124 posts

in case of friendly crash, even on T crossing, it just crank sound and ship horn minor damage

but in case of enemy team, even a slightest touch... kaboon!!

but the wrack of sunken ship, even an enemy, have no effect or what so ever, but is can stall your ship and give a brief opportunity for enemy to shoot you easy

Beta Tester
1,422 posts
38 battles

TK player like this

they like it a lots

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

in this game however

SCRACTHING the paint job of enemy ship in full ship is the same as 90 degree ramming

(well, it was supposed to be accident but....,  this Kiev keep chasing me)

783 posts
4,809 battles

Once had a game where 2 Kongos were running in a straight line the whole time they met because one didn't want to get rammed, it was quite funny at the time.

Enemy Kongo suddenly appeared in front of our ally Kongo. Enemy went full evasive while our ally Kongo went in full speed ahead for the ram. Almost end-game, they went in the same direction only a few meters apart. The Enemy Kongo couldn't turn or else the ram would be successful so they were just full speed ahead in one direction. It was kind of funny since besides those 2, I was a CV left with no planes and the map was Land of Fire and luckily, the one direction they were heading didn't have any islands in the way. They were hitting each other with HE shells at the bow and stern the whole time too with both being in an extreme angle that the secondaries didn't fire the whole way.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Does the ramming flag even help the ram?....coz I have never used it b4

yes, u can test it against what is smaller than you, otherwise don't

Sign in to follow this