You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Icefyre

Anti-Aircraft Range

14 comments in this topic

9 posts
1,671 battles

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but I haven't been able to find anything on the topic.

I just noticed that the Anti-Aircraft Modification 2 doesn't affect the dual purpose batteries on certain ships. I've got the New Orleans with a base Range of 5km range against Aircraft, but with the Mod installed it doesn't change. However I also have the same modification on the ARP Myoko which has a base range of 5km and with the mod installed it goes up to 6km. I'm assuming that if my Myoko captain had the Advanced Fire Training perk it would go up to 7-7.2km. Is this intentional or an oversight in either direction (One being that it isn't meant to affect the ARP Myoko and the other being it is meant to affect every other ship as well)?

Image002.jpg Image004.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image004.jpg

Super Tester
1,310 posts

must be bug...

try inside the battle..

it should add the range

my cleveland with AFT and AA mod can shoot up to 7.2km away

Edited by ReNation

9 posts
1,671 battles

I should also add that it is also working for my Kirov and Cleveland it just doesn't seem to be working on my New Orleans.

Edit: I'll give it a shot and let you know

Edited by Icefyre

Super Tester
2,725 posts

If my memory is correct on my BB Fusou's 127mm DP gun (as every IJN's ships), it's really 5 km AA gun range. Slap in the AA modification, it's 6 km AA gun range. Check on regular Myoukou ship's 127mm DP gun, it should be 5 km.

Need to verify, I'm currently at work now.

Edited by Mingfang47

Super Tester
1,310 posts

If my memory is correct on my BB Fusou's 127mm DP gun (as every IJN's ships), it's really 5 km AA gun range. Slap in the AA modification, it's 6 km AA gun range. Check on regular Myoukou ship's 127mm DP gun, it should be 5 km.

Need to verify, I'm currently at work now.

his problem is.. AA range on his New Orlean stay at 5km(info in port) even tough he installed AA range mod.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

his problem is.. AA range on his New Orlean stay at 5km(info in port) even tough he installed AA range mod.

Oh on US ship, that I can't verify. My bad.

9 posts
1,671 battles

Okay I gave it a run in my New Orleans and the AA didn't open up until it was within 6km range and that was only because my Commander has AFT, so it seems that AAM2 isn't providing the bonus

Super Tester
1,310 posts

Okay I gave it a run in my New Orleans and the AA didn't open up until it was within 6km range and that was only because my Commander has AFT, so it seems that AAM2 isn't providing the bonus

submit ticket. 

also post it on bug report section(dont forget use reporting format)

9 posts
1,671 battles

Here is a screenshot of the ship with the Commander and part of the replay. At the end the bombers are still being fired upon by my AA despite being past 6km, (but they didn't do the same with the torpedo bombers), but they don't start engaging until they are within 6km

Image005.jpg

(Having trouble uploading the Replay snippet so I'll try it in another post)

Image005.jpg

9 posts
1,671 battles

Ah, okay, then it is odd that it is the only cruiser above tier 5 with that base range. But never mind then, I'll apologise for taking up supports time when they get back to me