You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UvebeenHAZED

Division Tier Mismatch

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

It happens too often that Tier 3 ships appear in Tier 7 battles because of some braindead silly divisions

And it is likely to result in 2 ways:

1. T3 ships get rekt before contributing anything

2. T3 ships stay behind T7 ships (usually Battleships) and not contributing anything

I don't think the game is designed to let T3 in T7 battle cos I never put into high tier battle while using low tier ships

so Please implement a function to stop divisions with too much tier difference from entering Random Battle and wasting unfortunate team members' time

Funtage (Relevant):

Edited by UvebeenHAZED

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

It happens too often that Tier 3 ships appear in Tier 7 battles because of some braindead silly divisions

And it is likely to result in 2 ways:

1. T3 ships get rekt before contributing anything

2. T3 ships stay behind T7 ships (usually Battleships) and not contributing anything

I don't think the game is designed to let T3 in T7 battle cos I never put into high tier battle while using low tier ships

so Please implement a function to stop divisions with too much tier difference from entering Random Battle and wasting unfortunate team members' time

You are free to summit a ticket on it for reporting for any trolling divisons or intentionally divison but if he or she say that his or her friend is higher then you will need to summit a proof on it by having a replay file or a screenshot file to attach to it. Also do not look down on this tier 3 ships some pro tier 3 players are able to take down a tier 4-6 ships down.

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Whether we like it or not the mismatched divisions won't be changed.

That is WG stated policy from WoT days nearly 5 years ago when this issue was first raised with platoons there.

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

You are free to summit a ticket on it for reporting for any trolling divisons or intentionally divison but if he or she say that his or her friend is higher then you will need to summit a proof on it by having a replay file or a screenshot file to attach to it. 

All these are too late already... so my team has to suffer and waste time to finish the battle and then someone has to waste even more time and effort on reporting those players (not to mention the time needed for WG to reply... my last ticket took them a month to reply)...

Isn't it much more efficient to just stop all these from happening in the 1st place??

If players really want to team up with their low tier friends, they can always buy back any low tier ships. Not enough ship slots? Buy it with cash (Free Advertisement). No $$? Free a slot by selling a ship or actively participate in events to get free ships

Also do not look down on this tier 3 ships some pro tier 3 players are able to take down a tier 4-6 ships down.

I know that can happen but the chance is very slim.

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

Whether we like it or not the mismatched divisions won't be changed.

That is WG stated policy from WoT days nearly 5 years ago when this issue was first raised with platoons there.

Oh.. kinda sad really...:amazed:

Rant: (What is the point of this suggestion forum... you can make any suggestion you want but we are not going to change anything...:trollface:

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Oh.. kinda sad really...:amazed:

Rant: (What is the point of this suggestion forum... you can make any suggestion you want but we are not going to change anything...:trollface:

oh you can raise the suggestion (again).

Personally I agree with you, but every time the suggestion has been raised, that is the response given.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

you know, sometimes is a good idea to bring Isokaze to tier 8-10 battle (pre-patch of radar)

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

No one talking about how op umikaze is in tier 10 matches?

Umikaze you said?? so useful..

Also, that Omaha at the bottom. He rage quit because of the T2 DD making this match even more interesting aye? 

vmU4KGH.jpg

[content removed]

Naming and shaming.  Post edited. user warned.

~dead_man_walking

Sorry about that. Forgot to block the names.

Edited by UvebeenHAZED

61 posts
2,625 battles

I know that can happen but the chance is very slim.

not really, I sometimes team up with my buddy (he Fuso, me Isokaze) and we frequently end up in top 5 - although encoutering opponents upto tier 8.

Depends how U play :) I spot for him (and torp on occasion) -> he covers my ass.

BTW - i am not that kind of player hiding behind islands.....only if ABSOLUTELY neccessary

In beginning of game we focus on DDs / CL / CA to minimize oppenents offensive abilities, cleaning up the heavy stuff can be done later

Also a great opportunity to grind XP massively :hiding:

Edited by BBcaptain008

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

not really, I sometimes team up with my buddy (he Fuso, me Isokaze) and we frequently end up in top 5 - although encoutering opponents upto tier 8.

Depends how U play :) I spot for him (and torp on occasion) -> he covers my ass.

BTW - i am not that kind of player hiding behind islands.....only if ABSOLUTELY neccessary

In beginning of game we focus on DDs / CL / CA to minimize oppenents offensive abilities, cleaning up the heavy stuff can be done later

Also a great opportunity to grind XP massively :hiding:

Good on you :)

I believe most people who do check WoWs forums are somewhat decent players and passionate for the game but that is just a small portion of the whole server.... Keep in mind that most noobies are just casual players and probably don't know the existence of this forums.

There is no way to tell if you are a  good player who knows how to play with low tier ships (I strongly suggest those captains to say something chat in the beginning of a match).

As a result, people lose interest and morale as soon as seeing that low tier ship in their team. see the picture above... 2 ships at the bottom of the scoreboard just gave up without trying...That Nagato probably got that 7xp from shooting down plane

61 posts
2,625 battles

...(I strongly suggest those captains to say something chat in the beginning of a match......

As a result, people lose interest and morale as soon as seeing that low tier ship in their team. see the picture above... 2 ships at the bottom of the scoreboard just gave up without trying...That Nagato probably got that 7xp from shooting down plane

Agree to that, something like "I m here ON PURPOSE and will do my share..." should do, although I strongly doubt that players which abandon team because they think there is a decreased chance of winning wont care anyhow.

There are enough dumbnuts doing the same due to "MM-imbalance" :angry: which is stupid - war encounters are NEVER balanced....

Edited by BBcaptain008

Beta Tester
29 posts
4,431 battles

I will just keep this post running until WG gives us a good reason why they can't accept my suggestion.rOkf3kI.jpg

and btw that tier balance is SUPREME!!!! :teethhappy:  

65100045.jpg

Edited by UvebeenHAZED

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

Hahahahaha. I like this suggestion. Actually i kinda understand tier trolling. But hey. U only met Chester in t6 game. Have u met a chester in tier 10 and he survived? All u need is a good team to carry the troller. 

Naming and shaming.  Post edited. user warned.

~dead_man_walking

[sorry] [Here is the blurred one]

13282339_1157673030951265_1793207396_o.jpg

Edited by Safiuddin97

Super Tester
989 posts
4,319 battles

It is true. It is a pain. I had to retreat to save the chester from being killed by atago.. I hope i didnt see anymore tier trolling. But recently. I met a kongo in tier 10 game. Hahahaha. It is funny when they are on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TEAM xDDDDD

1 post
1,090 battles

I've been playing since last May and I've known of the forums, but I'd really like to consider myself a casual player. I guess you can call me a noob for being naive about mismatches and tier-trolling, though.

I've been wondering why I'm winning only 1 in 5 on average and I thought, "Odd?". I mean, I understand the updates and bugs and my skill and those of my teammates and etc., but statistically, in a "Random Battle"- "random" as in mathematically probable- shouldn't I win 1 in 3 sometimes, 1 in 5 or 7 others? Point is, not only do I seem to be thrown into some really lopsided battles (e.g., severely outclassed or 4 DD to 1), it seems that the opposing teams are often too well coordinated while my teams wet themselves and fall apart.

So, is it being stated in this thread that we can actually go into a Random Battle with partners? A whole team of partners, perhaps?

Initially, I was really happy to find WoW- I'm basically stranded on Hokkaido and have nothing else after work so it's therapeutic and fun. Besides, I'm a total history and military dork so I think something like yardarms are hilarious, but I really get discouraged when I play mismatched games, even more so to know there are also cheats that overturn the whole point of competition. I'm glad it's free, I'd never pay money for something like that.