You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
EnochIsHere

0.5.5 Rumours/News

121 comments in this topic

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

A player from the NA server just posted this. :great:

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/75969-055-news-torpedo-news-good-and-bad-news/#topmost

Without further ado.

Good news.
Fubuki gets a new torpedo armament - type93 mod.2 (Ibuki's upgraded torpedo. No modifications).

Kagero starts with type93 mod.2 torpedo instead of type90 mod.3 (it is no longer available on Kagero).

Both Kagero and Shimakaze get the new torpedo armament - type F3 (Zao's torpedo. No modifications, check the stats in-game!)

Soviet HE-46 ammo (equipped on most Soviet DDs) has a better chance to cause fire. (8%, was 7%, the promised buff, yay!)

Tier 8, 9, 10 CVs get Defensive Barrage.​ 1 charge only (+1 premium, +1 superintendent). Last 2min. CD 6min (4min premium)
It's different from CA's defensive barrage. It last significantly longer but the AA boost is also weaker.

All main gun turrets below 130mm (included)  get an HP boost. (4000, was 1500)
Affected: all DDs so far, AtlantaSvietlana etc.
All main gun turrets between 131 - 155mm (included)  get an HP boost. (7500, was 5000, Mogami's was 4000)
Affected: most CLs except Chapayev (was intentionally left behind or praise the Vodka)
All main gun turrets between 156 - 210mm (included)  get an HP boost. (10000, was 5000)
Affected: all CAs except Moskva ​(which has turret HP of 15000).

Bad news.
Nerfs to Shimakaze's (also Kagero's second torpedo set) type93 mod.1 torpedo. -5knot to torp speed (62knot, was 67knot) and +0.8km to detection range (2.5km, was 1.7km)

Nerfs to Shimakaze's type93 mod.3 torpedo. -3km to torp distance (12km, was 15km) and +0.2km to detection range (1.9km, was 1.7km)

All other DD's torpedoes remain unchanged.

Plus: A quick summary for anyone who didn't know Texas ​(Tier 5 US BB, the stats was leaked earlier.)
It's a fully upgraded New York ​with better firing angle on #3 turret and much better AAs (10 quad bofors and 20 oerlikon AA guns installed), the total AA dps is 302 per second, surpassing all other Tier 5 ships (and even all Tier 6 ships except Cleveland).

Check the news at
Warning: You have to pay to see all ships' parameters and go back and forth a lot to compare changes.

I only did the consolidation work. All changes are subject to change. Anyway.

359 posts
2,819 battles

WG dislike CV snipe? Dislike wall of torpedoes?

Someone point out in that thread that torpedo nerf is not much a nerf. because in mid range torpedoes will not break away and show enough gap to evade.

CV Defensive AA? good for me if I have high tier CV, which I don't. But I don't have confident to snipe anyway so It's a plus.

More health for gun, better for gunboat.

And Texus will be banes of my plane...

178 posts
2,306 battles

Interesting.

CV defensive AA to discourage CV sniping?

Torpedo nerf not much of a nerf? Maybe. They are desperately trying to fix stale high tier game play which many people perceived to be the fault of "wall of torpedoes" Shimakazes by forcing them to torp closer and risk getting spotted. 

We'll probably see more USSR DDs now. My guess is stealth firing from those gunboats will be the next salty topic for people. 

Edited by TaikoTaiko

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

My guess is stealth firing from those gunboats will be the next salty topic for people. 

There have already been many rants against "invisible dd hax op". :D

The buff to turret HP is nice, might make for a little bit less rage for a lot of players here. :great:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

the nerf for shimakaze is a bit, ouch

Easier to detect (both module) and shorter range (second torp module) or slower (first torp module)

Edited by Harpoon01

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,052 battles

Thanks for compiling this info Enoch.

The CV defensive fire will be interesting to see, if less CV's try for the immediate CV snipe it means the BB's had better stick close to their CA buddies.

As for the Kagero/Shima nerf, i will have to see how that plays out. Maybe more US CA's with their Radar mod on would be good. If they have to get in closer than they had been it could cause DD players to make mistakes.

178 posts
2,306 battles

There have already been many rants against "invisible dd hax op". :D

The buff to turret HP is nice, might make for a little bit less rage for a lot of players here. :great:

Personally looking forward to the turret buff. Might revisit USSR DDs to add to teh "invisible dd hax op" saltiness. :teethhappy:

But on the other hand... Tashkent. :ohmy:

178 posts
2,306 battles

Easier to detect and shorter range (second torp module) or slower (first torp module)

Dude. I believe you might have read it wrong. Second module will have shorter ranger is correct, but it will be less easy to detect. 

1,065 posts
2,628 battles

Thanks for compiling this info Enoch.

The CV defensive fire will be interesting to see, if less CV's try for the immediate CV snipe it means the BB's had better stick close to their CA buddies.

As for the Kagero/Shima nerf, i will have to see how that plays out. Maybe more US CA's with their Radar mod on would be good. If they have to get in closer than they had been it could cause DD players to make mistakes.

I just pasted a link from the folks on the NA server so they deserve all the thanks. :great:

783 posts
4,824 battles

I'm not sure the high tier IJN DD changes were 'nerfs'

To anyone who torped at ~7km usually, then they'd have super fast Zao torps with low detectability(relatively).
If anyone complained about wall of torps, now they'll get 15 almost undodgeable and tighter spread from a Shimakaze.

I'm not even mentioning the Ibuki Torps on Fubuki now.

(It's kind of funny that the longest range torps now belong to the USN DDs after this change)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Dude. I believe you might have read it wrong. Second module will have shorter ranger is correct, but it will be less easy to detect. 

no, you are the one is wrong

Bad news.
Nerfs to Shimakaze's (also Kagero's second torpedo set) type93 mod.1 torpedo. -5knot to torp speed (62knot, was 67knot) and +0.8km to detection range (2.5km, was 1.7km)

Nerfs to Shimakaze's type93 mod.3 torpedo. -3km to torp distance (12km, was 15km) and +0.2km to detection range (1.9km, was 1.7km)

more detection range

can be seen farther

from 1.7 km to 1.9 km and 2.5 km

and the First module now can be detected almost as bad as the Mutsuki's, because of speed nerf

but it doesn't really matter when you can send 15 of them at once

Edited by Harpoon01

178 posts
2,306 battles

does that mean kagero and shima got 3 type of torpedoes?

Seems like it. Zao torps. For those who wants to torpedo from close range. Add in torpedo acceleration for 81 knots 6.4 km range lolwut torpedoes. :teethhappy:

178 posts
2,306 battles

no, you are the one is wrong

more detection range

can be seen farther

from 1.7 km to 1.9 km and 2.5 km

and the First module now can be detected almost as bad as the Mutsuki's, because of speed nerf

but it doesn't really matter when you can send 15 of them at once

I'm sorry. What I meant to say is that the second mod is less easier to detect then the first mod. Not that it will be less easy to detect then what it is now. Hope that clears it up. 

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,511 battles

Now we`ll have Fletcher outperforming both the Gearing and Shimakaze.

Fletcher`s torp will fly faster with shorter detection range with just 1000 less damage and much faster reload (108s vs 150s).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Easier to detect (both module) and shorter range (second torp module) or slower (first torp module)

I'm sorry. What I meant to say is that the second mod is less easier to detect then the first mod. Not that it will be less easy to detect then what it is now. Hope that clears it up. 

Quite misleading, was it?

Edited

580 posts
1,587 battles

Soviet HE-46 ammo (equipped on most Soviet DDs) has a better chance to cause fire. (8%, was 7%, the promised buff, yay!)

All main gun turrets below 130mm (included)  get an HP boost. (4000, was 1500)

Affected: all DDs so far, AtlantaSvietlana etc.

All main gun turrets between 131 - 155mm (included)  get an HP boost. (7500, was 5000, Mogami's was 4000)

Affected: most CLs except Chapayev (was intentionally left behind or praise the Vodka)

All main gun turrets between 156 - 210mm (included)  get an HP boost. (10000, was 5000)

Affected: all CAs except Moskva ​(which has turret HP of 15000).

OMG... sniff* sniff*... I'm actually crying... sniff*... so happy... sniff* I see fun times ahead for me and my Oggy sniff* Thank you for sharing... +1 from me... sniff*

Edited by Kreigg

Super Tester
1,310 posts

OLD                                                        ||                   Rumour 
Fubuki                                                                 ||
top                                                                       ||
type90 mod.3 - 57 knots - 15km - 17233            ||        Type93 mod.2 - 67 knots - 10km - 20967
                          62            12                              ||                                   72            8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kagero                                                                ||
base                                                                    ||
type90 mod.3 - 57 knots - 15km - 17233            ||        Type93 mod.2 - 67 knots - 10km - 20967
                         62            12                               ||                                  72             8
Top                                                                      ||
Type93 mod.1 - 67 knot - 20km - 20967 (1.7)    ||        Type93 mod.1 - 62 knot - 20km - 20967 (2.5)
                          72            16                              ||                                  72            16  
                                                                            ||        Type F3 - 76 knot - 8km - 21367
                                                                            ||                           81        6.4

Shima                                                                     ||
base                                                                        ||
Type93 mod.1 - 67 knot - 20km - 20967 (1.7)        ||        Type93 mod.1 - 62 knot - 20km - 20967 (2.5)        
                          72            16                                 ||                                   67        16
top                                                                           ||
Type93 mod.3 - 67 knot - 15km - 23767 (1.7)        ||        Type93 mod.3 - 67 knot - 12km - 23767 (1.9)
                          72            12                                  ||                                   72        9.6                    
                                                                                ||        Type F3 - 76 knot - 8km - 21367
                                                                                ||                           81        6.4
IJN DD specality in torping....

now they decide to kill that speciality :3

dev gonna make it :

"kagero shima GO use long range torp that will never hit coz 2.5km detection range (ppl wit vigilance 25%+accution mod 20%) will spot it from almost 4km away"
"or use that shorter ranged torp and go brawl in close range, u have good shell, so use that shitty gun of yours"

Edited by ReNation

109 posts
5,101 battles

76 knots at 12 km is a bit too much, maybe 70-72 is more reasonable

Look at the bright side, at least cruisers can properly do their jobs now ( actively hunt DDs instead of frying BBs)

Super Tester
1,310 posts

76 knots at 12 km is a bit too much, maybe 70-72 is more reasonable

Look at the bright side, at least cruisers can properly do their jobs now ( actively hunt DDs instead of frying BBs)

Type F3..

76 knot speed

but

ONLY 8km range.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

Yeah one of the big chiefs of WoWS was saying they were concerned about the wall of torpedoes.

It's disappointing to spend real money getting finally to the Shimakaze, to play a handful of battles in it, and discover it's too expensive to play, even with a premium account and all the credit bonuses.....

to now see the nerf bat hit it even more.

Heck, I think I've had it for 3 weeks and I haven't even tried playing it for 2.

And it only gets worse....NICE.

I think I'll let my premium account expire this time, after 5 years.

507 posts
9,828 battles

It still has the 20 kms torps, although with 5 kts less speed.I play USN dd's anyway, The Nerf is not that significant to effect the players skill that much IMHO.

783 posts
4,824 battles

On Turret Destruction:

About time! Good news for pretty much everyone. My times with Mogami limping with only 2 turrets left are finally over!

And since sometimes modules absorb some of the supposed damage to HP, it's also indirect buff to every ship's tankiness(except CV I guess).

On CV DF AA:

I like this! I'm not much of a fan of CV snipes and it would reduce a lot of early minute CV snipe that most go for. Too bad it doesn't cover T7 where I assume is where it's most rampant. Also, Panic does little to defer the enemy Lex from bombing me in SKK but at least it's there. On tier 9 and 10, I would assume it mostly stops IJN CV sniping due to the very wide panic drop spread which lessens bombing capability to less than 40% in which USN doesn't get affected as much relatively. So people can see it as an indirect USN CV buff at high tier actually.

On IJN DD:

I really don't get why people are bummed out with this. The only reason I can gather is the loss of doubloons with needing to respec the IJN DD captain to NOT have the Torp Accel since the range would be too low now.

To be fair, they're giving the radar a purpose to have an effect on ALL types of DDs and the IJN DD having Ibuki(for Fubuki) or Zao(for Kagerou/Shimakaze) torps is pretty much an improvement. Those torps, especially the Zao ones are hardly dodgeable(15 in tighter spreads) and IJN DD concealment provides enough room to stealth torp. Think of it like T10 Minekazes which imo is more exciting. The devs weren't kidding with high risk high reward in this case in which I think what DD play is what they intended it to be.